Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bought EQ2

kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

So I was bored yesterday. tried EVE... something about not haveing a avatar and go explore didn't get me going in EVE. It has it's own special fan which is nice... anyway sense I played EQ1 and was cerios how is EQ2 I went and bought it. It took me a while to download the patch to find out it's not working right... after couple a hours of running as admin and tweak this and tweak that It start downloading again for 5 hours (im on wireless and it maybe slow for that) Woke up this morning and yup did the trick and working, BUT duty today so i had to get ready real quick. I jumped in game real quick to see how is it feel like. not bad so far (I haven't start it serios yet). Anyway

I see lots of comment on the site about how people waiting for other games and not playing anything because not much content... this that bla bla. Let's get real here. We got a majority right now that are waiting for AoC and WAR. This people sending topic every day in the forum about how they clue less what game to play till this two game come out. then we got EX WoW/SWG people that asking same thing while waiting for the next big hit. Then again we got people that play different game and they high lvl and got bored and quite. Now this people start bashing on the games example (WOW) that how it sucks and this and that. "oh pvp sucks... high lvl content horrible...." then people hear and they dont want to give it a try... you got 70 lvl content to worry about first. I didn't hear people saying game sucks 3 or 4 years ago when it came out, but now that they got bored and quite ofcourse they say bad thign about it. I played wow when it came out for 2 years then I quite. It's not that sucks... it's just becuase im tired of it. I'm targeting people that are looking for a game to play for next big hit. people lets get real. look at EQ2 you have 80 lvl of content. quest. places to explore things to craft before you get to the part that suppose to get boring. ( I donno whats going on higher lvl so im just saying based on other forums and topics) download the game... try the trial... see for your self. I mean if you really planing to start another game does it really mather whats going happen in the future when you hit 80? game run pretty smooth in my laptop with a wireless when im in balance performance and the game still look pretty damn good. I was pretty surprise when I look how many different race and job they got. ALOT... World look pretty nice too different creatures... hopefully stay this way when i go home tomorow and play more. ( I was killing same type of mob in LOTRO for 50 lvl... kind o got BORED... still a good game also) So come give it a try pick a game and play around explore and enjoy while u waiting for your future game and stop listening to people who played it sense start and now they bored. I'm not even gonna promote EQ2. you wanna give other games like WoW/CoH/V... SWG.... try while waiting go for it. I would like to also say i stop listening to all the hate talk about SOE and blizzard or any other company sense they brought me some of the damn best game. EQ1... SWG (ok they kind of mess that up =P ) or blizzard... diablo, starcraft.. WOW .... I be waiting in EQ2 till better future hits.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

its good to try other mmos

- they all offer something

I'll be trying WAR and AOC when they launch

but I wont be surprised if I end up going back to older mmos

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

EQ2 is a great game NOW. But back at launch,,,,it sucked.. 3 years later with more diversity, aa talent trees, and ALOT of content,, eq2 is worth playing if u havent played it in a couple years.. I went back before thanksgiving and played until a month ago, due to "other projects" I'm testing. :) 

Just remember one thing though. Once u hit the mid 50's, your gonna wanna get into a good established guild for FUN RAIDS! It will quickly become the reason to play the game. The raids in EQ2 take alot of time to set up, but they're alot of fun!

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

Just like nadia there is alot of people in this forum that are waiting for this two game ofcourse there is other game that are up there cosb or stargate world...

What im trying to say is people waiting for this game and they want to have something to play while they waiting, but majority get turn down because of the negetive post in the forum from the people that play the games and get bored with it after years...

Don't listen to the negative posts and try it for your self. worst case they still going to keep you intertain while you waiting for the new games.

In your case nadia you may like to take a break from mmorpg or not feel playing anything right now or whatever...  which is fine . Just dont look around the forum  and listen to post about how this or that game sucks, but look for future the game can offer if it seems to be your cup of tea ( whatever the english term it is =P ) then who cares if someone out of 1000's hate it.

Example: I played LOTRO I belive for 3 months and now I quite. I feel im killing same looking mobs. It's still not right for me to say the game sucks It keep me intertain for 3 months and i had lots of fun during that time. It's just doesn't have what I (ME) looking in mmorpg right now. this doesn't mean i go out there and say stop playing people. Others may play it for years and enjoy it.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I'm not waiting for any mmo this year

-- but always willing to try the new ones

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Good post...

A wall of text...but good. And you're correct. I see so much content still keeping me occupied. I have never felt the race until the endgame here in EQ2..

I have finally hit 50...which is good...as most other games (WoW, GW, L2, LOTRO) have bored me before I could get too much higher...yet, I log in every day in EQ2 and love it (even finding new things all the time).

Myself, I am awaiting the next gen title (hoping AoC will be that game)..but, if AoC is not..I at least have a game to come back to...

Thanks

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Its a heaven for questers *g* Wowers would be sqashed by the amount of conent

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by Nadia

I'm not waiting for any mmo this year
    -- but always willing to try the new ones

Same here Nadia..always good try something new out..you may or may not end up staying,not sure about AoC but i'm gonna give WAR a try just to see what it like.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by openedge1

Good post...
    A wall of text...but good. And you're correct. I see so much content still keeping me occupied. I have never felt the race until the endgame here in EQ2..
    I have finally hit 50...which is good...as most other games (WoW, GW, L2, LOTRO) have bored me before I could get too much higher...yet, I log in every day in EQ2 and love it (even finding new things all the time).
    Myself, I am awaiting the next gen title (hoping AoC will be that game)..but, if AoC is not..I at least have a game to come back to...
    Thanks

Thats good to see theres masses to do in EQ2 even a grizzled old fart like me hasnt seen it all,not by a long way