Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will I like this game?

mbfergusmbfergus Member Posts: 11

I'm sorry for the same old question but I've been trying to find a new game to start later this year. I'm a huge EQ and EQ2 fan and have been playing the latter for over a year. I'm a very casual gamer and rarely get in more than 10 hours a week. I prefer to solo but don't mind PvP at all, but would just like to able to choose to do PvP instead of having to do it to advance the game.

So given the extremely limited information provided above do you think I'll like this game?

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by mbfergus

I'm sorry for the same old question but I've been trying to find a new game to start later this year. I'm a huge EQ and EQ2 fan and have been playing the latter for over a year. I'm a very casual gamer and rarely get in more than 10 hours a week. I prefer to solo but don't mind PvP at all, but would just like to able to choose to do PvP instead of having to do it to advance the game.

So given the extremely limited information provided above do you think I'll like this game?

Well , if you are a casual gamer then I can say you that Aion is for you.

In Aion you can PvP and PvE in the same time in Abysses. It's like a huge battle ground . Going for PvP in Aion , you will earn PvP points which you can exchange them for good items at NPC's.

PvE its like in WoW + Lineage 2 , you can do quests , story quests , kill mobs for exp and drop or "play" with your professions like: mining , smithing , crafting , cooking , fishing , etc .

There are alot of things to say about Aion , but better for you is to visit a fan site , which I recommand you www.aionsource.com and for vids youtube it :P

So take your time and inform yourself about Aion , because its deserve your attention and time.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• sorrowchainssorrowchains Member Posts: 1

The basic fact is Aion is a very visual game and is a Pve and PvP game they are interlinked such as you get better at your char you get better at PvP

If you want to chose for PvP or PvEandPvP you want guild wars. the layout of this game if that they are interlinked.

you prob will like the game if ur a casual gamer but its a 50 50 thing

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I think you'll like Aion if you like EQ2. A lot of elemtents of EQ2 are also present in Aion, skill combo's, Player housing, lots of quests, crafting, I think it'll be a good match.
  • EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

wonder where do you guys get the housing thing, devs said they would think about guild housing a la L2 on future expansions, right now there's nothing certain abut housing at all.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Ephimero

wonder where do you guys get the housing thing, devs said they would think about guild housing a la L2 on future expansions, right now there's nothing certain abut housing at all.

Actually a developer said there will "Definitely" be housing in Aion in an interview.

• LilianeLiliane Member Posts: 591

What if I'm pure PvE player and has no interest at all in PvP, does Aion still offer enough PvE gameplay?

MMORPG.COM has worst forum editor ever exists

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Liliane

What if I'm pure PvE player and has no interest at all in PvP, does Aion still offer enough PvE gameplay?

you'll be happy cause Aion features content, but you wont get to see all of the content cause the game is RvR based.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Use the force Luke...

Don't confuse a players ability, with a class being Over Powered.

-T