Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Redbedlam Says Full Loot Coming to Roma Victor

sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Finally? Or is this too restricted and convoluted to be considered full-loot? The more unrealistic restrictions the more opportunities for exploit.  At least the game is heading closer towards what was originally advertised -- what many at mmorpg were looking for to begin with -- full-loot, open pvp, few restrictions or barriers...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KFR

RedBedlam

RedBedlam

postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Death and looting Reply with quote

There's been a lot of talk about death and full loot recently and there are quite a few misconceptions both about how things currently work and about how we'd ultimately like things to to work.

I won't spend any more time on clarifying the current mechanism - to be honest I'm not sure that's effective anyway. People's perceived impressions of how things work seem to trump reality every time.

But I've spent some time trying to integrate community feedback into our plans recently and I think now's a good moment to share the plans as they currently stand.

(Note that we still have to get "corpse containers" working first. They'll probably have the appearance of a small generic sack when implemented.)

First I'll describe the various 'penalties' that can be awarded and then I'll list the various situations alongside the corresponding penalties. Please bear in mind this is a complex task and there are a huge amount of diverse scenarios that these proposals are trying to take into account. Some of those scenarios may not be obvious or even relevant to you personally, but nevertheless have to be considered.

For one thing, the consequences of death are the most versatile tool we have when it comes to discouraging griefers and if we unintentionally provide means by which people can deliberately avoid or lessen those consequences, they will be exploited.

Penalties:

Badge Loss: Bandit, Combatant, Criminal, Murderer, Raider plus a random badge (the Runaway badge is exempt).

Minor Skill Decay: For each skill above a certain level, there's a 50% chance that a single point may be removed from that skill.

Minor Stat Decay: 1 point taken from each Statistic. Particularly low Statistics would be exempt.

Major Stat Decay: Between 3 and 6 points taken from any Statistic where the corresponding Attribute was severely wounded when the character died. In other words, if your character's Muscle was severely depleted from combat wounds and was below a certain level when it died, your character would return from Elysium with 5 to 15 less Strength. If your character has no severely wounded Attributes when it dies (in the case of a suicide, for example) then the effect of Major Stat Decay would be null.

Loot Drop: When the player character dies, it leaves behind a corpse container. The corpse container contains all inventory items that were not equipped plus one randomly selected equipped item.

Anyone can remove a single item at a time (randomly selected) from a corpse container at a cost of 90 vigour. The returning 'owner' of the corpse can remove all items - or all remaining items - at once for just 30 vigour.

The corpse container will not decay to destruction for at least 24 RL hours, but if it does any remaining contents will disappear along with it. It will also disappear when empty. Corpse containers can only be moved by their 'owner' using the /corpse command, which will summon a corpse container to your feet on the condition that you are already within a few metres of it.

This means that players suffering from a Loot Drop will be able to recover some, if not all of their belongings should they be able to safely return to their corpse container.

This also means that players attempting to loot corpse containers other than their own will have to ensure that they can hang around safely enough and for long enough to do so.

Situations:

Death by suicide: Minor Skill Decay, Minor Stat Decay, Major Stat Decay

Death by bleed: Badge Loss, Minor Skill Decay, Minor Stat Decay, Major Stat Decay

Death by NHC or deity-owned NPC: Badge Loss, Minor Skill Decay, Minor Stat Decay, Loot Drop

Death by player-owned NPC: Badge Loss, Minor Skill Decay, Minor Stat Decay, Major Stat Decay

Combatant death to another player's deathblow: Badge Loss, Minor Skill Decay, Minor Stat Decay, Loot Drop, Major Stat Decay

Non-combatant death to another player's deathblow: Badge Loss, Minor Stat Decay, Loot Drop

In addition, players dying by bleed or at the hands of NHC or deity-owned NPC's while bearing the Convalescent badge will suffer no Minor Skill Decay or Major Stat Decay (if applicable) and the Convalescent badge will be removed. Players dying in either of these circumstances without already having the short-lived Convalescent badge, will receive it. Players holding the Bandit, Criminal, Murderer or Raider badges can not earn the Convalescent badge.

So that's the plan. Please try to read and think them through thoroughly before evaluating and making comments.

-KFR

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

if items are still hard to get as they used to be ...... this will be the final nail in the coffin.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

It seems like the same system they have with only a sack added in... Hardly anyone now runs around with important thigns on them while fighting, so if only 1 equip item drop is still the factor then its still the same system. I dont understand why they cant just add weight to the game and then do it the right way FULL LOOT like they advertised.

• CoinsCoins Member Posts: 12

Full loot can't work without conquest first, in my opinion. It wouldn't be fair for nomads without private dwellings to have every possession of theirs taken from them and then hidden in private dwellings that can't be conquered...yet.

Every character having to start from scratch after being fully-looted is extreme. Some sort of safekeeping of emergency items available to everybody is my prediction. This is so a player can get back on one's feet and not have to depend on neighbours.

• King-KongKing-Kong Member Posts: 95

isnt there some kind of temporary limited storage like a bank box?

• StugramStugram Member Posts: 18

You can put your ses (money) into the virtual bank account. But you don't need to, money cannot be looted. Only gear, and then only that which you are carrying. If you have a tent or hut to put your stuff in then it is no big deal.

As for those who like to wander, you can get a tent and deploy it anywhere - it is a safe place to store your gears.

• philz50philz50 Roma Victor CorrespondentMember Posts: 67

This system has worked pretty well.  A lot of big loot scores have occured, with barbarians definitely benefitting the most, in my opinion.  Their hit and run raids have resulted in some major loot hauls.