Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which for Leveling to 50: Fire/Dark Corruptor or EM/Elec Brute?

DrWalnutDrWalnut Member CommonPosts: 133

I have a level 25 Fire/Dark Corruptor that I played before the XP increase patch. I was thinking of starting a new EM/Elec Brute but since the XP patch made grouping faster I was wondering if I should reroll or not. The Brute would be better at soloing to 50 but after the new patch I got to thinking if it would really save time to make a new toon rather than just finding groups on my Corruptor. Are Fire/Dark Corruptors much better in PvE groups than Brutes, specifically EM/Elec Brutes? Would the Corruptor be better at PvP than the Brute? Should I stick with my 25 Fire/Dark Corruptor or start anew as a EM/Elec Brute? I am on the Freedom server if it matters.

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Fire/Dark corruptors are extremely wanted, your /dark component would make you the 4-7th most wanted set in the game...definitely nice to be a /dark.  Fire primary is prolly the best source of steady damage, a good mixture of single and AoE...most attacks are ranged.  I would stick with the corruptor.

EM/Electric Brute is an edgy choice...EM hurts you each time you use your best attack (Energy Melee cost you about 10% your hps, and this is your most used attack after level 33-34(32+ slotting)), and electric armor has nothing to help HPS-wise.

EM is very good, but it is a single target killer.  In solo against bosses or EBs...in groups against AVs/Heroes mostly.

EM/ELA brutes are mostly 1vs1 PvPers.  You would do well in the LGTF.  But overall, even if not bad, I would recommend to do either an EM/Will or an EM/Fiery (2 BUs...sick; however might want to consider fiery melee as well for a 30 seconds lasting BU instead of 10 seconds)...or to do a SS/Ela.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• DrWalnutDrWalnut Member CommonPosts: 133

Would the corruptor be decent in PvP?

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by DrWalnut

Would the corruptor be decent in PvP?

In 1vs1, it could be okay.  You have awesome damage, most is range...you have some buffing and the best healing of the game (need to hit the enemy however)...but it is relatively fragile...if it goes wrong, it can goes wrong extremely fast...but if it goes well...you would PWNS the enemy extremely badly.

In group vs group, it would freaking rock. (any melee is a joke in group PvP)

Fiery armor brute/tankers would be a bitch for you, you can debuff their protection, but still, a bitch.  But you always have something dangerous for any setting, your dark has some debuff...but without these debuff, a fiery armor would be something you would run away from...now with your debuff, you can fight, after you debuff...but let's just say it complicated things a lot.  (Tar Patch the debuff is unresistable and on the ground, to debuff them you need to stop moving and fight where you stand...which is extra painfull for a corruptor, but again, not impossible).  In a group fight, you would ignore them cause they are lowly melee, and when the rest of their group is dead, you would barely have the time to debuff him and attack him once and he would be dead unless you team feels like playing with the melee for the fun of it.

Cold (or Ice never recall correct term) primary is better for PvP, even if less damage...and it eat fiery armor alive right away...but it does less basic damage than fire...so, fire is more raw damage(better for PvE), cold has a - recharge component with a slow component which is incredibly nice in PvP.  Yet, if this extra few points of damage means an enemy has fallen instead of heal itself, then fire can be better from time to time.

PS: A skilled PvPer would make me run with such a corruptor if I play ANY melee (I would probably be able to run to the hospital/zoneline if I don't try to fight too long)...but if I attack in melee, it could take only 2 hits to kill a corruptor...so it is a setting where you always have to be attentive, no lazy PvPing, a mistake and you may be dead.  See, a skilled corruptor know I need only 2 lucky hits, so he has to make me believe I can actually do it, so I run after him long enought while he kites me...with the right protection I can't 2 shots him. :p  But that needs inspirations/accolades usage.  Most importanlty is requires that you recognize the Build Up animation and refuse melee combat while it is on effect on the melee, as at this precise moment, the melee may 2 shots you.  You have status protection with shadow falls for 1 or 2 melee attacks, but if the melee stack 3 attacks on you, you may find yourself stunned (unless you use Breakfree inspirations), so you constantly needs to run some, so the stuns components doesn't stack and break your protection.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• TNULeaderTNULeader Member Posts: 71

I have a 50 fire/dark cor and she's sick in pve...ok in pvp.

• DrWalnutDrWalnut Member CommonPosts: 133

For leveling post 25 with the new XP changes: how much faster is it exactly? Double? How much smoother and faster is leveling after 25 now? Are there any % someone can link me to?

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

Originally posted by DrWalnut
    For leveling post 25 with the new XP changes: how much faster is it exactly? Double? How much smoother and faster is leveling after 25 now? Are there any % someone can link me to?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1851699#1851699

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.