Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this sorta like Duke Nukem in terms of product release?

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Im not saying this is vaporware...not in the slightest. But good lord, by the time this game is released, Barack Obama would have exhausted his two term presidential seat.

Looking forward to the game but the years is taken its toll on me :(

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

i dont see what you are saying it's supposed to be released sometime by the end of the year

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I don't think so Enigma. One thing they've already said is they're 75% complete fetaures and content wise. They're on track for a 2009 release, which has been the speculative release time for most of us following it  since the beginning, although the devs themselves have never committed themselves to any particular timeframe themselves, so as to avoid having something come up which would delay the deadline and start the doomsday rumors. They put out info when and if it's relevant, and usually at least no more than a few months between major updates ( compared to say Darkfall, who put out info every few years lol ).

From what I've seen, every new video/interview has shown marked improvement in the game compared to the last one, and they listen to and even interact with people on the official forums. They've been realistic from the start as well, saying here's things we've done, here's things we will have in, and here's things we would like to have in at release. Compared to other developers who just throw out a huge list of claims for release, only to backpedal at release time and saying "We'll have this in soon".

They also haven't had the problems involved with their game as the DNF team have had ( business closure/merge, team rebuilding/numerous revamps of outdated tech due to business and financial delays, etc.

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200

Can understand you inpatients . I'm looking forward to FE as well. Seems like they are trying to do it rifht and actually have a working product when it is released.Which unfortunately takes a lot of time.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

zorvan darkfall put sout more info thanthese guys

its not perfect

Originally posted by downtoearth

its not perfect

Thanks for the laugh. When Darkfall puts out new videos ( not re-releases of years old videos ) and screenshots at least once a year, they still won't have put out as much real info as these gus have.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

its not perfect

Go to www.fallenearth.com and read the Question of the Week section, and then come back and say that. These guys put something substantive almost every week. And not just some screenies that could have been made up solely for release. There are a bunch of clips, on youtube and other places of the devs/people actually playing the first area(s)/demo.

The devs could put out films and screenshots every week, but they don't want to divert people from working on the actual game.

i yea i know same for darkfall. darkfalld oesnt even have apr departmeant  a year old vid ?  were youg etting thatt he locationt est vid wasnt a year old it was new so why dont oyu go aay zor your nto wanted and keep darkfall out of these forums fallen earths hould be a decent game to

and darkfall will be 2 if its has a good release

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

i yea i know same for darkfall. darkfalld oesnt even have apr departmeant  a year old vid ?  were youg etting thatt he locationt est vid wasnt a year old it was new so why dont oyu go aay zor your nto wanted and keep darkfall out of these forums fallen earths hould be a decent game to

you sound poorly educated

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215

its not perfect

omg. must be a troll. considering they are a small indie company they communicate BETTER than most dinosaur companies!

i didnt mean anything agianst fallen earth ><  geese lol fallen earth puts out less but they do a better job at it than darkfall most of the time

Whya re you calling me a troll

Who the hell are you to tell me whether I'm wanted or not, trollkin? I've been a fan of Fallen Earth since it was first announced. I also have an account on their forums and keep up with what they put out. Do you?

And you are the one who brought Darkfall up as a means of an argument, not me. And yes, 90% of Darkfalls' vids and pics are years old , and the only person who has even supposedly played it or seen it is some schmuck from some guild the devs just out of the blue invited (again, supposedly ). Whereas every major game magazine, as well as many of the public, have had a chance to see Fallen Earth at game expos, and other venues. So, unlike Darkfall, we have known for quite awhile that Fallen Earth is real and not smoke and mirrors. Darkfall fans are still waiting for real proof of their game after 5-6-7 YEARS.

Therefore, perhaps you should take your little troll for a walk in Darkfalls' direction, eh? Or you can go back to the threads where you try to defend and support Endless Ages being re-released against the people who were scammed before by that game ( which is probably why you trolled my little post here, because you couldn't win the argument with me there ).

And for the sake of bleeding eyes everywhere, learn to type in comprehendable sentences. If you come back in here and try to continue this nonsense argument, which has nothing to do with Fallen Earth or this thread, then I'll be forced to report you for (get ready for it, now ).................TROLLING and/or THREAD HIJACKING

End of line.

see this is where your wrong i never said you wasnt wanted here your not wanted talkign about darkfall like you know wtf your even talking and you dont there has been alot more people that have played darkfall or at least seen it you think know one has you got to be kidding.

stop mentioning darkfall like you know wtf your talking about othere words

no fallen earth will be out so will darkfall

see this is where your wrong i never said you wasnt wanted here your not wanted talkign about darkfall like you know wtf your even talking and you dont there has been alot more people that have played darkfall or at least seen it you think know one has you got to be kidding.

stop mentioning darkfall like you know wtf your talking about othere words
    no fallen earth will be out so will darkfall
    In your own butchered typing: "why dont oyu go aay zor your nto wanted"

Go to the darkfall forums and ask how many people have played darkfall. Then try not to choke on your crow. I do know wtf I'm talking about.

I'm done here.

GOOD tired of seeing comments like yours and some other people. grow up

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

right because FE answers popular questions every week, while Darkfall releases a devlog every 2 weeks saying "well same thing as last week ... just finishing up textures ..... everything is going well ...." Yeah thats ALOT of info right there ..... and when was the last time they were even at a convention ? Were they even at the GDC?

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by tvalentine

right because FE answers popular questions every week, while Darkfall releases a devlog every 2 weeks saying "well same thing as last week ... just finishing up textures ..... everything is going well ...." Yeah thats ALOT of info right there ..... and when was the last time they were even at a convention ? Were they even at the GDC?

Figured I'd help ya make your point by answering the question in case the other party can't find it.

Let's see, from the list of exhibitors at GDC 2008, we have:

Icarus Studios.............check.

Aventurine.....................nope.

www.cmpevents.com/GD08/a.asp

In fact, when typing in either Aventurine or Darkfall into the GDC search box, no matches found........ever.

So they dont have time to go.

you really need to grow up zorvan

there no point in even mention darkfall

in these forums

So they dont have time to go.
    They've had 5+ years to go.
    you really need to grow up zorvan
    Check the mirror, I think your projecting.
    there no point in even mention darkfall
    in these forums
    Then don't come in defending it, and we won't have to respond to how wrong you are. You keep it going.

And by the way, don't assume that because we all aren't on the Darkfall bandwagon like yourself, that we don't know what we're talking about. And don't presume to tell anyone here what they can or can't talk about. We are not breaking any rules. This conversation ( because of you ) has now become a comparison between Fallen Earth and Darkfall. Just because you can't stand the fact that Darkfall fails in the areas compared, does not mean you have to whine. Go somewhere where you don't have to see things said that you don't agree with, or take your own advice: grow up.

So they fail at pr who cares?

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215

So they fail at pr who cares?

go back to the darkfail forums

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I am betting that some of us will be playing FE while other people are still looking at screenshots of Darkfall. I gave up on following that game years ago, if it is ever released, great, if not, no bigger loss than it has already been.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

you can skip every convention in the year, but the one convention you MUST make to show off your game is the GDC. It might actually have some credibility if it went. Thx for the info zorvan.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by tvalentine

you can skip every convention in the year, but the one convention you MUST make to show off your game is the GDC. It might actually have some credibility if it went. Thx for the info zorvan.

I didn't know there was a rule book or law on what a game company must do.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Its pretty standard for a company to show its games' progress at the GDC, even if its just a visual art display and some explanation of what the game is looking to be.

The DF website really offers nothing new as far as info goes, its just rewording of something that was said months beforehand, and all the forums on the game are nothing more than speculation at best after almost a decade.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

I only notice certain things being reworded but that question and answer they had gave new info too.

Well the standerd in mmo dev has been putting out some pretty crappy games.

This is why i like fallen earth too. because it snot following the standerd