Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book 13 map teaser (spoiler)

even more at: http://www.lotro.com/article/509

Comments:

" We know that players love water. I am certain you will be disappointed to know that water in... our Book 13 region... will act effectively as an impassable and will actually discourage playersfrom taking the plunge. Taking the body of water of this region out of the equation, you'll have a near-North Downs size region to run around in."

[01:46] <+Keth_Turbine> You can expect Book 13 to be a bit like Book 9, you'll have lots of new quest content and a new epic story.

We're adding some brand new tools in Book 13to make grouping and socializing easier - for the moment these are focused on questing.

Playing: World of Warcraft.
Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

Comments

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

45-50 content..which means its an alternative to angmar I guess,which is good.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

The question remains... where is the access to this region from other regions? In the map, I see only one road out, though that doesn't necessarily mean one way out. The whole bottom of the map seems open (no mountains/hills). Interesting...

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Jaxom92

The question remains... where is the access to this region from other regions? In the map, I see only one road out, though that doesn't necessarily mean one way out. The whole bottom of the map seems open (no mountains/hills). Interesting...
    If this site is correct:

www.visionsofthering.com/expac_timeline.shtml

Then it is located to the north of Evendim.  Looks like it fits with the ocean and everything... but I don't know for certain.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by dragonace

Originally posted by Jaxom92

If this site is correct:

www.visionsofthering.com/expac_timeline.shtml

Then it is located to the north of Evendim.  Looks like it fits with the ocean and everything... but I don't know for certain.

That would make a good deal of sense.  I seem to recall one of the major roads in Evendim dead ending into a locked gate on the north side.  It's been a few months since I was there though, I could be making it up.

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

The dev chat the other day mentioned this new zone was indeed north of Evendim.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Ice Bay actually HAS to be north of Evendim, they can't afford to kill tolkiens own maps *grins*