Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Impression of the game, so far.

2»

Comments

• PeckyDOOMPeckyDOOM Member Posts: 16

I just read this and i think its a really really good read if you getting bored with Mabinogi already. ( i have a IRL friend thats pretty bored of it cuz all he's getting is hunting quests.)

• nightphantomnightphantom Member UncommonPosts: 276

So, I'm just going to put in my two cents.

I've played since closed beta, and currently level 24 right now. I have basically ran out of quests. The only quest I have is to kill a troll. Now, seriously, it's impossible. If I do a smash attack against it, which is 200% damage, it only takes down about 10% of it's health. After the smash, I have a chance to counter attack once, and that's about it. If I defend it still does about 30 damage and breaks through it. So I don't know what to do.

Before this wall I've ran into, the game was splendid! I absolutely love the boss fights, dungeons, and the apparently limited quests.

I didn't get far into the G1 story line. Still need to go give some mana herbs to some druid. The snowman quest kinda turned me off.

As far as items and stuff, I've got a round shield, a fairly good sword (Blessed, 2 hit 1 hand sword, 17-35 dmg), linen curiass with 4 defense and 1 protect, and then normal everything else.

I have also found that a great aspect of this game is that it actually requires skill. A skilled level 10 could easily beat an unskilled level 15, unlike basically every other MMO. While the game is partial equipment based, the equipment does you no good if you don't know how to use it.

for the troll quest is probably best to get a friend who is an Archer to do a "magnum shot" at a good distance while you prep a smash attack and smash him back so that your archer can set up his next regular shot. and just keep smashing then running while your friend shoots his arrow cuz the arrow makes him flinch...in the case you die have plenty of Phonix Feathers  best if you have Nao support unless your free trial has expired. but yeah after the Troll is to kill and Orge then the quests stop from there.

The G1 quest is pretty interesting but very long and very very difficult once you get the the Barri and Ciar dungeon parts. but its definiatly a story to follow. cant wait for G1S2

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by nightphantom

So, I'm just going to put in my two cents.
    I've played since closed beta, and currently level 24 right now. I have basically ran out of quests. The only quest I have is to kill a troll. Now, seriously, it's impossible. If I do a smash attack against it, which is 200% damage, it only takes down about 10% of it's health. After the smash, I have a chance to counter attack once, and that's about it. If I defend it still does about 30 damage and breaks through it. So I don't know what to do.
    Before this wall I've ran into, the game was splendid! I absolutely love the boss fights, dungeons, and the apparently limited quests.
    I didn't get far into the G1 story line. Still need to go give some mana herbs to some druid. The snowman quest kinda turned me off.
    As far as items and stuff, I've got a round shield, a fairly good sword (Blessed, 2 hit 1 hand sword, 17-35 dmg), linen curiass with 4 defense and 1 protect, and then normal everything else.
    I have also found that a great aspect of this game is that it actually requires skill. A skilled level 10 could easily beat an unskilled level 15, unlike basically every other MMO. While the game is partial equipment based, the equipment does you no good if you don't know how to use it.

The troll is really easy just Fire -> Counter -> Fire -> Counter.

There are a number of quests after the troll as well.

I have completed all available quests on my character and completed G1 so i've really run out of quests/stuff to do and I hope that they roll out the Generation content as fast as the Japanese version of the game did.  Since it's free though i'm just taking a break until G2 rolls around. 

The G1 story is really nicely done though.

• LIthosLIthos Member Posts: 47

I would really like ot hear about the age system in this game. thats the only thing thats keeping me fron DL it b/c it sounds kinda iffy.

I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings because i was aiming for your FACE.

The age system goes like this, or at least to my understanding. Every Saturday(IRL) you will age 1 year and will receive bounuses like +(#) HP, AP, DEX, etc. And if you start at a younger age you will receive more AP which are key to learning skills and are need to invested wisely. A lil draw back though. Say you dont sign in for two weeks or two saturdays you will not age up 2 years. if you miss a week then you miss one. (fyi: you can sign in any time after that saturday and still age)

• AznChimpAznChimp Member Posts: 35
    O RLY??? BUT IT HAS ONLY MOUSE CLICK CONTROLS!!!!!!! NO KEYBOARD CONTROLS THAT IS HOW THE GAME IS BORING TO ME......

AznChimp and his other self ShigideyDawg

• vompafoovompafoo Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by PeckyDOOM

The age system goes like this, or at least to my understanding. Every Saturday(IRL) you will age 1 year and will receive bounuses like +(#) HP, AP, DEX, etc. And if you start at a younger age you will receive more AP which are key to learning skills and are need to invested wisely. A lil draw back though. Say you dont sign in for two weeks or two saturdays you will not age up 2 years. if you miss a week then you miss one. (fyi: you can sign in any time after that saturday and still age)
    quote = untrue

If you log of and don't play for five weeks, when you log back on, you will age five years.  You will also get all the bonuses for aging the five years.

When you age, your avatar gets bigger as does everything he/she is wearing.  Sheild and swords also get bigger, but don't do more damage.  You get more AP for aging at a young age than aging at an older age; when you age from 10 to 11 you get  AP but when you age from 21 to 22 you only get 1 AP.

Also, older characters can train their weapons faster allowing them to get upgrades without repairing their weapons as much.  This cuts down on costs as well as improves stats since you have a lower chance of breaking your weapon.

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77

Good review! nice job