Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realm populations are pretty balanced now on classic

/who all and got around 625. Few hours later on Midgard got 639. In 5 mins I'll do Hibernia to see.

Realm hoppers really have little affect now since numbers are balanced. DAOC making a comeback?

Comments

• UnstoppableUnstoppable Member Posts: 37

Hib population is around 458 ATM. That can be attributed to lack of relics at the moment. (ATM)

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

While I'm not doubting your findings, the cold hard facts are not backing this up. Basically, relics raids are no longer balanced and to prove it, watch how quick relics go from one realm to the next over a weekly period. More than likely, it will occur about 15x more often than it used to before clustering. Preclustering on Merlin, Albions had all 6 relics for almost 2 months straight. As for now, I guarantee you, you'll never see any realm have all 6 for more than 1 day. Cross realming plays a bigger role in DAoC than you can imagine.
    In Molvik, I've seen it where 2 attacking realms vs the defending realm will suddenly go from similar sized forces into 1 huge attacking force against the defenders. In fact, that just happened last night, as I was defending Molvik as a hib and both mids and albs were attacking quite vigorously. Within an hour, two at the most, it was all mids and I mean a lot, well, enough that 50 defending hibs were overwhelmed.
    Don't get me wrong, I play DAoC and love the game, but I'm not so obsessed to deny the obvious game flaws. I guess I've learned my lesson from praising gaming companies for so long, only to have them let you down and rub your face through the mud, with their poor decision making skills.

I will have to agree with Rhok on this. I play on devon cluser and last week mid had taken 2 keeps and about 9 towers in alb. Doing a numbers check mid outnumbered alb 3 to 1.

2 days later I log in and Alb had taken back everything?

Hardly seems likely so I do a check, Alb outnumbered mid 3 to 1. Do the math on the cross realm garbage.