Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frustration(rant)

RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

As many of you probably know(sarcasm) I've bashed this game before, but also I've been waiting for over a month to play it- I was in Closed beta for three days and this game caught my attention and was .. pretty addicting..

alright

yeah

so I'll start out by saying I love a lot about this game, the music system, the feeling you get when you play it, it feels like a new kind of game.. the customization, the social system etc

I love how this game has such potential for roleplaying, it's not like "here's your sword- go nuts kill 114335279 orcs get level 80 and pwn some nubs"

naww

i like the titles, they give bonuses

awesome :]

the characters look pretty cool for anime looking cel shaded esque graphics

the people so far have been really nice to me, I like this

This game drives me nuts in both a good way and in a bad way..

firstly the combat system is frustrating as hell

you have to click a monster and fight him, timing your clicks especially if you're a bow user

your skills don't always work, like if you do counter attack when it first starts it doesn't have a high success rate.. understandable..

but it's hard to fight something that runs up to you jumps on you and throws you into the ground knocking you out for a couple seconds...

while it runs around, you can't see it.. its' attack does an insane amount of damage to you like 30-40% of your life bar..

you can't use healing potions in combat

While you aim a bow.. you cannot move inviting the enemy to run up and throw you across the screen

any time you attack an enemy they have a chance to throw you across the screen wither with a combo or with smash- which they all have apparently

there is no defending from smash wither you hit them first or they throw you

alright and secondly and more importantly money is hard to get.. armor is EXPENSIVE

weapons are expensive

if you die you have a chance to drop your armor

then you have to pay the guy running the lost and found half what you bought it for at the store..

ugh

I'm kind of glad i picked an archer, it seems to be the least expensive path..

fighters have to buy a shield(11k~) armor (15-150k so far I've seen)

and from the first few quests you will get from 6-10k and then the money quests seem to just... run out and you're stuck farming fomor scrolls

i suppose smithing would be a viable option if someone would unlock bangor pl0x

so soloing in this game is difficult and I'm level 18, i have rank A bow skillz which is pretty good, my armor and weapons are nice, i can't kill anything that i can get a quest to kill

in fact anything i can get a quest to kill will kill me in a few short hits

someone said this game is better than runescape.. maybe the community is... but as a game.. i seriously doubt that..

Trump 2016

Comments

• If they are going to use smash, switch to counterattack skill that will prevent your getting hurt, but you might have to switch off autoattack.

I've had no problems using healing potions in combat I have them hotkeyed and they work.

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

ok so like i had an archer with pretty nice stuff, level 18, tried to do the brown dire wolves quest and they wipe the floor with me, i lost about 20k worth of stuff when i died and this is why i don't play mabinogi anymore.

Trump 2016

• Did you go to Duncan I think that's his name, and use the lost and found it should be there?

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

The only problem with the lost and found is the guy charges you half what you paid for it in the store to get it back

Trump 2016

• alin1209alin1209 Member UncommonPosts: 61

I finde this game with some nice ideeas but my question is how u lv up after lv 18?I did not finde a nice and easy way to lv up.I have play like for 2 hours at the Grey Wolfs to lv up and get like 1/3 from the lv,than died 2 times and lost al most the entire ex that i make in 2 hours and that is not nice to lose soo much xp after death.Like i say the game have nice ideeas but the gring for lv up it will kill the game.I anderstand grind after lets say lv 30-40 but at lv 17-18 to spend soo much time to lv up and lose soo much xp after death is just not right.

•  

alin1209, Try to do some jobs for awhile, you can level up from jobs too. Try to have a balanced life for your character by having various skills to help you get through the rough patches. If you're just stuck then every weekend you get more points to help, so maybe increase your combat points if you ran out of AP after the weekend and see if that helps.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

I ran into the same problem that a lot of others have.  Everything was going fine...fine...fine... and them BAM!  I just started getting my ass kicked.  Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE a challnege but this game took it a little far.  And with such a steep death penalty the game became not fun in a hurry.  I also understand what people are saying about money.  I figured that part of my problem was that I probably needed some upgrades.  Went to check out the stores and I just about spit coffee all over my keyboard.  The weapons / armor are really expensive.  I know this is the open beta and there is still time to tweak things however that is REALLY going to have to happen for me to play this game after the open beta is finished.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• zerryonzerryon Member UncommonPosts: 17

Ive gone from lvl 1-26 so far with no problems at all,  i mainly use a sword and magic. I also stick to hunting in dungeons which i think is easier and more lucrative in the long run since i get about 10,000-30,000 gold and about 4,000 exp each trip in the Ciar Dungeon. I think the main problem you guys are having is you are trying to hunt those creatures outside like dire wolves and such. You should just level in dungeons for a while before taking on stronger creatures.

• IxiahIxiah Member Posts: 7

Okay, first off.. if you're level 17, 18, or whatever and you can't level up? do a Ciar Beginner Dungeon run. you will level -fast-  And if you're just killing wolves outside town..I'll tell you a secret. The reason you're not gaining 'massive amounts of xp'? Their anti camping system. Each successive kill is less xp in the same area. Unless you're in a dungeon.

As for the one being wiped around by monsters?  Archers are support. Just like in most fantasy combat stuff. Not like in other mmorpg's. Until you know how to use your counter and maybe windmill well enough, an archer is support.

Counter will ALWAYS work unless they windmill or use ranged! You just need to wait for the skill to set. If you click for your skill you will notice it the icon changes size until it reaches one and plays a certain sound. That is it setting.

Just because you can't kill something doesn't mean its too hard. It means you need to practice and learn to fight better. Honestly your stats aren't nearly so important as player skill. This game rewards the skilled, not the grinders.