Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swg no longer for sale???

sukochiesukochie Member Posts: 49

I was just about to buy the download and start playing again and its gone. Its not on station.com or directdownload.com.....????

Comments

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

I guess because they sold so many on D2D that it blew itself right off the webpage.. Damn strange thing this internet.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

DeadMeat mentioned last week that the exclusive contract with D2D.com was finishing and that it would instead be sold at the Station Store.  Obviously, it's still in a transition phase and hasn't shown up at the Station Store yet.

You don't need the pack to subscribe to SWG though.  If you've done the trial, simply login to the Accounts Page, go to your Subscriptions, click Change and add your payment details there.  You'll get access to all expansion minus Trials of Obi-Wan plus a chip that will give you double XP when ever you use it.  The trial can be found at www.tryswg.com if you haven't yet done it.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

I tried to download it awhile back as you cant find it in a store. needless to say i couldnt get the download to work and was unable to get my money back. I wasnt happy.......

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• sukochiesukochie Member Posts: 49

Ty quick question im looking for a populated sever any suggestions??

Bria and Bloodfin are the most populated but they're actually at a point where they're almost too populated - on busy days during prime time they've been having stability issues.  Chilastra, Starsider, Euro-Chimeara are some of the other servers I know of that have high populations without the current stability issues.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Originally posted by Obraik

Bria and Bloodfin are the most populated but they're actually at a point where they're almost too populated - on busy days during prime time they've been having stability issues.  Chilastra, Starsider, Euro-Chimeara are some of the other servers I know of that have high populations without the current stability issues.

Stability issues on a "heavy" server?!?

I think there are 2 or 3 levels higher then heavy. No wonder there are no server mergers if the servers cannot handle just a "heavy" load.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

DeadMeat mentioned last week that the exclusive contract with D2D.com was finishing and that it would instead be sold at the Station Store. Obviously, it's still in a transition phase and hasn't shown up at the Station Store yet.
    There's no excuse for not having SWG at the station store in the first place, it should have always been there. Sloppy sales management if you ask me.

But honestly, I think they're trying to pull the game at a slow pace, I have a feeling they have something planned ahead and will leave SWG in the dust when it's ready.

Originally posted by Suvroc

I think there are 2 or 3 levels higher then heavy. No wonder there are no server mergers if the servers cannot handle just a "heavy" load.

Bria isn't exactly new to stability issues...

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Suvroc
    Originally posted by Obraik Bria and Bloodfin are the most populated but they're actually at a point where they're almost too populated - on busy days during prime time they've been having stability issues. Chilastra, Starsider, Euro-Chimeara are some of the other servers I know of that have high populations without the current stability issues.

Bria isn't exactly new to stability issues...

No but if I remember, they had a replacement server back in August 2004 or so. I also remember Radiant having issues too at one point, as well as Lowca (we called it LOADCA because it would usually sit at "loading..." for hours).

• It's not for sale ANYWHERE.

Not at D2D (all other SOE games are)

Not at SOE's station store.

Not at LucasArts.

Not in retail.

Nowhere...

Either way you cut it this is bad news for the NGE.  Only the kind of gross ineptness that we've come used to from SOE would allow ANY gap in being able to buy the game and expansions...  And that is putting the BEST spin on this, assuming that it's not available right now because of management incompetence.

This could be the pulling of the client from the market prior to shutdown.

And SWG producers have lied before about stuff like this.  Remember when they said that the starter kit was an error?  Remember when they said that the FRS was coming back, that they had it done and was just awaiting LEC's approval?  Remember when Smed said the CU was here to stay?

Yeah, I'd be spending every precious hour with the NGE I could if I were one of the people who liked it.  It's officially now on the Endangered MMO list.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Gets FAT LADY ready to sing, just in case lol

puts tinfoil hat on

• She isn't singing yet, but she did just get up from the buffet table...

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Why not just make it F2P until the toon comes out. Get the pop high enough to sell them an expansion. And THEN shut it down..J/J.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Originally posted by Suvroc

Bria has always had issues. I played first day of release and have played off and on over the last 4+ years on Bria. Heavy is not the highest, as the FULL in red will prevent anyone from logging in which is the highest right above heavy. While there have always been issues they upgraded the hardware about 1 month prior to the trials of obi-wan which fixed a lot of the issues, but when you have to keep hamsters alive to run your server it becomes an issue. Bria has gone through several hundred hamsters may they all rest in peace.

I think you will find that Bria has a lot to offer though I am not currently subscriber I can tell you there are a lot of people willing to help you out as a newb on multiple servers if you visit the forum. The community while diminished from the olden days seems to attract mature player bases instead of the OMFGWTFPWN you generation of WoW which is a nice change.

Goodluck on which ever server you choose OP, and have fun.

• Dra-kulDra-kul Member Posts: 14

D2D no longer has it but you can still get the download from the site. The boxed versions are no longer being produced which is a no brainer.

• Originally posted by Dra-kul

D2D no longer has it but you can still get the download from the site. The boxed versions are no longer being produced which is a no brainer.
    They started doing d2d when they stopped producing boxed versions (2 years ago)  because they could make more money. Now their 2 year contract looks to be up, and probly haven't gotten the station store loaded with it yet. Though anyone can download the free trial and then continue paying monthly to get all the expansions exept ToOW.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it, but new people can still get on and start playing.

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

DeadMeat mentioned last week that the exclusive contract with D2D.com was finishing and that it would instead be sold at the Station Store.  Obviously, it's still in a transition phase and hasn't shown up at the Station Store yet.
    You don't need the pack to subscribe to SWG though.  If you've done the trial, simply login to the Accounts Page, go to your Subscriptions, click Change and add your payment details there.  You'll get access to all expansion minus Trials of Obi-Wan plus a chip that will give you double XP when ever you use it.  The trial can be found at www.tryswg.com if you haven't yet done it.
    And you're still sticking to the story that you don't work for SOE or one of its affiliates or a viral marketing agency employed or associated with SOE?
    Originally posted by hubertgrove

And you're still sticking to the story that you don't work for SOE or one of its affiliates or a viral marketing agency employed or associated with SOE?

Everyone needs a conspiracy theory to keep them healthy I guess...

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

Well you could end end speculation right here and right now: do you work for SOE or one of its affiliates or a viral marketing agency employed or associated with SOE or don't you?

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208

By discontinuing box sales, SWG will not appeal to most potential customers. It will attract folks who played in the past, or perhaps folks who have friends who play. Games are DRIVEN by box sales. If a game is not on the shelf, then it does not exist, in a lot of people's minds.

You would have to be really, really looking to play SWG and as the market has shown, that is not happening. SWG NEEDS a box. Even EQ, over ten years old, has a box.

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• SonnoSonno Member Posts: 152

Supply and demand. If there's no demand, you lose the supply. Simple really.

SWG? Pull the plug already!

• 0over00over0 Member UncommonPosts: 488

EVE online's never really had a box in the store....

Apply lemon juice and candle flame here to reveal secret message.

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by 0over0

EVE online's never really had a box in the store....

That would make its success all that more remarkable. Word of mouth is pretty darned powerful, eh? It seems that a vocal minority disparaging your products would be that much more dangerous to a company's reputation. We will never here it from SOE, but making your customers happy is a generally accepted practice of successful businesses.

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• Ollie77Ollie77 Member Posts: 164

Can't counter an argument with a valid discussion point? Fishermage(aka Fisherprice) recommends you cut and paste: ad hominem

"You will come to the conclusion that the only people crazier than the managers who thought this a good idea are those who put up with it and pay for it." - Salvaje (who paid to play the NGE for 18 months) /golfclap

Well you could end end speculation right here and right now: do you work for SOE or one of its affiliates or a viral marketing agency employed or associated with SOE or don't you?

For the 50th time.  No.  Before you go off on a tangent, no, I don't have anything to do with LucasArts either.