Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ace Online Global, What a waste! - AirRivals is Great!

GuitanoGuitano Member Posts: 208

If you want to play Ace Online Global, you might want to play AirRivals. Gameforge had to change the name Flysis to AirRivals a couple of days ago. I played the game for two years when it was Space Cowboy Online. The game is beyond any asian mmo you have ever played.

Why AirRivals is awsome!

. Gameforge listens to players of the game.

. Lots of GM's

. GM's do alot of events

. Lots of forum mods who do their job from the ban stick to taking the time out to help you any way they can.

. AirRivals has a very large following. Most all of the AirRival players are x Space Cowboy Online players. Most all of the players will take the time out to help you in game and on forum.

. Closed beta atm that anyone may join.  AirRivals will be going open beta in a week or two, was posted today! No char wipes in open beta.

Why Ace Online Global sucks hard!

. Speed hackers in game

. No GM's

. Very, very cheap forums

. No forum mods, people can say (anything) they please, no forum mods to take control. People also say and do as they please in game.

. I have sent in a small handfull of messages to Yedang using the CS option on the website and I have not got one message back. Others have done the same and no reply. If you had a really bad problem with the game, who is going to help you?..... not Yedang. Might as well quit the game.

. The game is just about a ghost town on the ANI nation side. High level BCU nation camps the ANI starting gate, you cant even do the first ANI mission, no safe zones like in AirRivals. I have loged on many times this week, unable to play due to the higher levels camping the ANI starting gate. Some BCU have said they will not do it on the forum, guess what.... they still do.

. The game just sits there like a turd on the lawn with a few bugs landing on it from time to time.

Comments

• WhitespawnWhitespawn Member UncommonPosts: 5

umm what is Airrival.. like is there a URL?

o wait are you speaking its way more fun to actually wait for a plane to arrive >.>

• GuitanoGuitano Member Posts: 208

They only have the forums fixed atm with the new name AirRivals.

Link: http://board.airrivals.net/index.php

The main website is down atm, they might be changing everything that says Flysis to AirRivals. Should be up soon.

Check out some of these new youtube, player made Flysis/AirRivals videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDrFfNSF9Ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05aZngUeQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDrFfNSF9Ng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3e7ZhNHPeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du3g2mjERtw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKoPnqfGr_w

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

I enjoyed space cowboy and I will def check this out howeer has there been any info about when the OB will start cause I have already lvld once dont really want to level in CB to wipe and re-lvl in OB

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

I tried this game, it's full of bugs... I didn't get to much in to the combat because after finishing the tutorial they just put me on a dam Base or something and i had to kill some "NPC's" robots, after that, i went outside to kill those robots and i found out that they are so freaking hard to shoot at, specially if you are a tank, trying to hit a flying target that has no flying pattern,  just randomly moves like some sort of brainless mosquito...

Originally posted by the420kid

I enjoyed space cowboy and I will def check this out howeer has there been any info about when the OB will start cause I have already lvld once dont really want to level in CB to wipe and re-lvl in OB

Gameforge posted yesterday that the open beta will be in 1 to 2 weeks.

Originally posted by kesleri

I tried this game, it's full of bugs... I didn't get to much in to the combat because after finishing the tutorial they just put me on a dam Base or something and i had to kill some "NPC's" robots, after that, i went outside to kill those robots and i found out that they are so freaking hard to shoot at, specially if you are a tank, trying to hit a flying target that has no flying pattern,  just randomly moves like some sort of brainless mosquito...

This is a newer version of the game, newer graphics and so on. Gameforge kept the game in closed beta for a long while and have taken out the bugs. I never had any problems with bugs although im sure there are a couple left. If you are talking about bugs in old Space Cowboy Online, then yes sco had many bugs.

The tank you are talking about is called an A-Gear. Targeting with an A-Gear sucks untill you get to around level 30 to do more damage and also get some siege skills from the skill shop. A-Gear will spend most of its lower levels in the air. A-Gears at higher levels are strong arse mfkers. Its not that hard to level 35/40 with an A-Gear to see its power. I have taken an A-Gear to level 65 or so and they are a killing machine no doubt. Its alot more easy to target with any of the others Gears at the start, your weapons lock on.

acording to the community on the air rivals forum they have been saying 1-2 weeks for months now but Im not sure all I know is I cant wait for them to go to OB so I can grind up and prepare for some PvP action.  Mid air pvp is really enjoyable imo

Originally posted by the420kid

acording to the community on the air rivals forum they have been saying 1-2 weeks for months now but Im not sure all I know is I cant wait for them to go to OB so I can grind up and prepare for some PvP action.  Mid air pvp is really enjoyable imo

It has only been about a month and a couple of weeks. They had many bugs to fix and so on. Gameforge  people also had to learn the game in a short time. I think that OB will be within what they have said. Yes, this is the only asian mmo that does not feel like an asian mmo by far. Its a shame that PvPers dont give this game a go since the PvP is alot of fun. The game is not really a grind if you are grouped, grouping is key to fast leveling mid level and up.

I want to also toss in that unlike most asian mmo's the AirRival community is one of the best. Most of us know eachother from far back as the begining of Space Cowboy Online, you can see that on the AirRivals website. Great community, Great skill based PvP and an easy game to learn. Well worth the time.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I've been looking and I think you can download the client now..Whether or not you can play, I am not sure.

you can play I have been playing some I just know that OB is suppose to be close with a wipe at the start so I dont wanna grind to hard yet more just learning the game doing some duels for fun etc

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

I hate korean mmo's, but that one is palatable. It feel more like a good 8bits game, flyiing and shotting down things, than a 2008 game, but is a MMO, with strong PvP, so thing can get really really interesting.

Nice mix of RPG with flying arcade, and other ideas. Good  Luck!

Air Rivals Open Beta, just read the news on the Air Rivals forums.

Tomorrow (March 13) we will enter Open Beta Phase and will do a last final Charwipe.

We start at 9:00 a.m (CET) with the Open beta Maintenance.

Please prepare to build up your lifetime Gear...

Countdown till Open Beta maintenance -> http://timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2008&month=3&day=13&hour=9am&min=0&sec=0&p0=37

Air Rivals Homepage to make an account & download.

http://www.airrivals.net/index.php

Good Luck!

• smil0yfionasmil0yfiona Member Posts: 2

GMs are important in game-playing & game-controling, they should at least be ready to answer questions when asked, solve problems when proposed

• tranxHDDRtranxHDDR Member Posts: 2

Yeah, a lot of forum mods take the time out to help you any way they can, and most of the players will take the time out to help you in game and on forum. That's really good news for greenhands

• 0yomedo10yomedo1 Member Posts: 3

Closed beta atm that anyone may join.  AirRivals will be going open beta in a week or two No char wipes in open beta

I want to play now,  after its open beta, we will have reached to high levels

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

Nothing is free, so how do they make money?  Item shops?

• daladila00daladila00 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by raykor

Nothing is free, so how do they make money?  Item shops?
    Every game that say they are free is not free at all, you will at least have to use electricity. lol

I'm sure item shops will cost you more than you can imagine

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by daladila00

Every game that say they are free is not free at all, you will at least have to use electricity. lol

I'm sure item shops will cost you more than you can imagine

Perhaps you misunderstood me.  I am asking whether this silly little game—that I just heard of for the first time less than an hour ago—will use the subscription or item shop business model (after the open beta period ends).

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

It will most likely be free-to-play with item shop. 

• Nightdragon8Nightdragon8 Member Posts: 53

honestly im not so sure this is a "asian" game... I mean the office where they hire the GM's to moderate the game is based in california...

• KapruaKaprua Member Posts: 2

From what I have heard though it sounds like Air Rivals will have I.P. bans for non European players.

I played SCO  a little bit I never got too into it. But I do have a friend who did,  and he seems to think Ace Online will last longer then Air Rivals just because Ace Online is being published by the owners of the game and developers. While the other company is just hosting Air Rivals for European players.

If I was going to play this game again I would pick Ace Online, better safe then sorry.

• SaykiaSaykia Member Posts: 1

I have played both games and can say the OP is not correct in his statements.

For one GMs at Global ACE Online listens to their players more and are very much more involved with server balance the the volunteered GMs at AirRivals.

There is plenty of GMs at Global ACE Online and most of them are not volunteered GMs so they care more about helping out because it's their job and their getting payed for it.

Both versions have equal amount of GM events and Global ACE Online has more EXP raised events then AirRivals.

AirRivals has a better forum. But last time I check forums are not really that important or change gameplay. =P

AirRivals does have more people but their third server which is filled with hackers is smaller then the Quasar server at Global ACE Online.

Lastly Yedang has better company polocies then Gameforge, at ACE Online you will be able to trade cash shop items for in game currency or items. Can't do that at AirRivals. GMs at AirRivals will not allow account transfer to loosing nation so if you picked the loosing side you might never see a win or have a chalange if your playing the winning side. While at Global ACE Online GMs will transfer accounts to keep the game fun. And you are allowed speak any language at Global ACE Online, while at AirRivals you can be muted and even ban for not speaking English or having off-topic disccusions on public chats. And there will be NO I.P. bans for Global ACE Online, as for AirRivals it doesn't look like there will be but there hasn't been a straight answer from anyone at Gameforge4D yet.

Global ACE Online Player!

• MuaCMuaC Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Guitano

If you want to play Ace Online Global, you might want to play AirRivals. Gameforge had to change the name Flysis to AirRivals a couple of days ago. I played the game for two years when it was Space Cowboy Online. The game is beyond any asian mmo you have ever played.
    Why AirRivals is awsome!
    . Gameforge listens to players of the game.
    . Lots of GM's
    . GM's do alot of events
    . Lots of forum mods who do their job from the ban stick to taking the time out to help you any way they can.
    . AirRivals has a very large following. Most all of the AirRival players are x Space Cowboy Online players. Most all of the players will take the time out to help you in game and on forum.
    . Closed beta atm that anyone may join.  AirRivals will be going open beta in a week or two, was posted today! No char wipes in open beta.

Why Ace Online Global sucks hard!
    . Speed hackers in game
    . No GM's
    . Very, very cheap forums
    . No forum mods, people can say (anything) they please, no forum mods to take control. People also say and do as they please in game.
    . I have sent in a small handfull of messages to Yedang using the CS option on the website and I have not got one message back. Others have done the same and no reply. If you had a really bad problem with the game, who is going to help you?..... not Yedang. Might as well quit the game.
    . The game is just about a ghost town on the ANI nation side. High level BCU nation camps the ANI starting gate, you cant even do the first ANI mission, no safe zones like in AirRivals. I have loged on many times this week, unable to play due to the higher levels camping the ANI starting gate. Some BCU have said they will not do it on the forum, guess what.... they still do.
    . The game just sits there like a turd on the lawn with a few bugs landing on it from time to time.

+1 i agree to every single word i mean look at their support forums . . . i assure u  , there's 1 common thing u will notice , absence of help/admins/gms , absence of everything . . .

http://bbs.subagames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=40&page=1

and then have a quick look @ this thread and c how people act towards each other . . .  totally Immature . . .

http://bbs.subagames.com/viewthread.php?tid=3128&extra=page=1

Ace Online Global , What a waste !

• MuaCMuaC Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Saykia

I have played both games and can say the OP is not correct in his statements.
    For one GMs at Global ACE Online listens to their players more and are very much more involved with server balance the the volunteered GMs at AirRivals.
    There is plenty of GMs at Global ACE Online and most of them are not volunteered GMs so they care more about helping out because it's their job and their getting payed for it.
    Both versions have equal amount of GM events and Global ACE Online has more EXP raised events then AirRivals.
    AirRivals has a better forum. But last time I check forums are not really that important or change gameplay. =P
    AirRivals does have more people but their third server which is filled with hackers is smaller then the Quasar server at Global ACE Online.
    Lastly Yedang has better company polocies then Gameforge, at ACE Online you will be able to trade cash shop items for in game currency or items. Can't do that at AirRivals. GMs at AirRivals will not allow account transfer to loosing nation so if you picked the loosing side you might never see a win or have a chalange if your playing the winning side. While at Global ACE Online GMs will transfer accounts to keep the game fun. And you are allowed speak any language at Global ACE Online, while at AirRivals you can be muted and even ban for not speaking English or having off-topic disccusions on public chats. And there will be NO I.P. bans for Global ACE Online, as for AirRivals it doesn't look like there will be but there hasn't been a straight answer from anyone at Gameforge4D yet.

seriously wut r u talking about ! a game without community ! thats a big failure . . . Ace has gone with the wind already . . . if not dead .

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

"Closed beta atm that anyone may join."

HOW IS THAT CLOSE BETA? Enjoy this game if you are looking for something to waste your life on just because it is free.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2