Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Call of Duty MMO

VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I just found this little article at gamasutra.com

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17725

It would be interesting if this has to do with Blizzards merger into Activision. Also what would a CoD MMO be like? I'm guessing something along the lines of WWIIO.

So what do you all think?

Comments

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

would be interesting if and only if Infinity Ward is involved

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Yeah they really did not touch base on whether Infinity Ward or Treyarch will be the ones to develop this "possible" MMO they are thinking of. I suppose it's way to early to speculate which study will do it, but considering Treyarch is working on CoD5 they may have their hands full.

Lol I just had a scary thought of the CoD MMO becoming a class based questing leveling grind like WoW. Instead of Alliance and Horde you have Allies Versus Axis!....the sad thing is I wouldn't be too surprised

It would be more interesting to see a WW2 MMOFPS similar to planetside.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I wouldn't play...There are much better shooting MMO's than this...And I would rather play it on console than a PC.

• zombiehuntahzombiehuntah Member Posts: 6

i don't see how CoD could be an rpg. i haven't really played it much, but ive seen other people play it.

so what you create a soldier and go get  shot?

or  fight in a war? it would be interesting, but very weird...

Bots should gth

• ShlomoShlomo Member Posts: 148

If they take WW2onlines golden seeds and toss some innovation into it. I would play. And if in a ww2 setting i would ..... em ... a well .. Would be great !