Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone has bought Ryzom, but still no news....

GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

According to the rumours from ryzom.org and official forum, seems an uk company has bought Ryzom.

Still we lack any real news... if anyone has better info please let us know.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• SxarletSxarlet Member Posts: 112

lol why post it everywhere, except on Ryzom's own forums?

(and what i am really saying, you beat me here too :P )

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

Well, i was posting in official forum too, but someone else beated me .

It seems there are no replies from broshi on yubovision, while everywhere else we got attention. I hope this is just because they (GM's) are busy with the new owners.

Lets hope for the best

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I suppose it's good that it hasn't been tied up in the court for months on end.

Surely reporters from mmo sites like mmorpg.com (hint hint) should be sniffing out details on who these people are and if their intentions towards Ryzom are, well, honourable.

"SpiderWeb International Limited, British law, W1W 6NS London, 5th Floor 26-28 Hallam Street"

http://www.creditgate.com/companysearch/SPIDERWEB+INTERNATIONAL+LIMITED.aspx

Unfortunately we got no real info from there, unless we pay to know something useless for what we want to know.

I was wandering what Xavier from VCA said in his post: they could be someone "close to ryzom" (in the past, i can add, if i understood well). So, just speculating, who could be "close to Ryzom" interested? Apart of the community, of course

Anyway, if they are people "close to Ryzom" there is a chance they wanna try to rebuild the game at its full potential.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by Gilgameesh

Unfortunately we got no real info from there, unless we pay to know something useless for what we want to know. 
    You missed my point.

Reporters (eg. MMORPG.COM reporters), for a small amount of money can find out who these Spiderweb International people are.

Those reports aren't useless - they contain a lot of information about companies. And information they don't contain can also be informative.

Eg. the theory you mentioned re Spiderweb International being someone previously close to Ryzom... Well, those reports will tell you when SI was established, if they're a British company or owned by someone overseas. They should also list the company's directors. While there are ways to avoid full and honest disclosure in these reports, a little bit of digging quickly turns that up and immediately begs the question of 'why the deception?'

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Sxarlet

lol why post it everywhere, except on Ryzom's own forums?

(and what i am really saying, you beat me here too :P )

Quick question: where are the official Ryzom forums? Are they here --  http://arispotle.yubovision.fr/

Anyway, I hope somehow the original devs got it back somehow

Thank you!

• I believe that the official ryzom forums are down with the website.

Check back here to see when it comes online www.ryzom.com

Originally posted by colenorm

I believe that the official ryzom forums are down with the website.

Check back here to see when it comes online www.ryzom.com

uhm... have u read the other topics? main site shows a great news now, and having klients up and running too means that we will soon(tm) be back in Atys.

• MMOmakerMMOmaker Member Posts: 77

Does anyone know how soon Ryzom will be up and running again?

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

"When it's ready" and that will be "soon"