Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roma victor?

ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

Hi

anybody play this one.?.I don't mean to be a sceptic but I'm a not to hep on buying an account key just to try the game..

any opinions appreciated

Tom

Comments

• Sir-RealSir-Real Member Posts: 27

Depends on your interests really. If you are a person with patience, and socially inclined, this game would be an interesting choice, especially if you like Roman History.

However, this game is not like most others. There's no instant action is the game, the learning curve is steep and the population is low.

Don't forget all you have to pay is 10£, which equates to working one, maybe two hours. After that you don't have to spend a penny.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

My god people if you are going to try and sell the game to people on being authentic and deverse game compaired to others and fact its 20$ At least have the damn decency to tell them half the game is broken, if not more.

To the OP, if you are looking for Roman era type game you might just like RV, but keep in mind the game is no where even close to being done, and actually would still be in beta in any respected gaming company, many things and i do mean many are not balanced, but what RV does have is a change in speed when it comes to game play, Its more focused on community efforts, actually its totaly focused on community efforsts as you cannot do anything at all without being part of one, unless you play to build in only starting locations, otherwise you need to be part of community/guild to build on a board they opened up by building a guildhall.

Moral of the story and the questions you asked, there is a population of about 25 to 50 or 60 members, 50-60 being prime prime times. So to answer your question yes there are people playing.

Also for your second comment, I 100% agree with yuou about paying to try the game, because of the fact i played it and I know its not worth the headache. Headache mainly becuase if you were to try to get a refund it takes ages, at least that is the track record that they have given themselves, and im sure that hasnt changed either.

Good luck to you. If you are looking for other mmos check out the general forums in MMO forums LFGame

• ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

thanks..i'll take a pass then

• NicroxNicrox Member Posts: 140

I did the beta for Roma Victor. I liked the game because it was different and fun. The game allowed you too do many things such as crafting and combat/pvp.  The game doesn't have the best graphics but the game itself does immerse a player into the game. Most mmo's today are clones of each other or have become the basic routine in game play.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by Nicrox

I did the beta for Roma Victor. I liked the game because it was different and fun. The game allowed you too do many things such as crafting and combat/pvp.  The game doesn't have the best graphics but the game itself does immerse a player into the game. Most mmo's today are clones of each other or have become the basic routine in game play.

Most MMOs are just clone i do agree with you there, but your description of the game allowed you to do many things such as crafting and combat doesnt explain anythgn at all since just about all MMO's are build around the same thing.

Graphics are fine, they are not the best nor the worst. But the game sucks because its just no where near complete.. they keep adding in things without fixing the things that are broken or just not working... There is way too many holes that need patching for 2 years now and they are just never patched. Lies are given everything a new update is ahead, and when the update comes out there is always something totaly different and most times broken.

Do a search for sandbox mmo's try playing a few of them and then come back and comment on how good of a game RV is... i am 100% sure no one would be looking at RV the same way after that. And when i say try other sandbox gaems i do mean play the game and give it a try, actually learn what the game play is about, because afterall thats all a sandbox is about.