Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Idea, Looking for Feedback.

EchelonsEchelons Member Posts: 80

I'm mostly throwing this idea out there to get feedback on how viable you guys think it is in the game as well as how interested you might be in such a guild if you were guildless and looking.

Name: The Verdant Watch

Type: RP-PVP, Heavy RP

Stipulations

Race: Cimmerian Only

Class: Barbarian, Bear Shaman, Conqueror, Guardian, Ranger

RP Premise: The idea is that given the opening of the Border Kingdom, as well as civilizations expansion into the wildernesses of Hyboria, the land itself is threatened.  Like the stereotypical rangers/druids of most games, the members would play guardians of the earth itself, preserving and protecting its well being against those who seek to dismantle it for their own gain.  While they are not against the progress of civilization, there are lines in which must not be passed, and they are there to make sure they aren't.  While mostly nomadic as to cover more ground there would be a village that works as a sanctuary to those within the ranks of the watch, this is where the council type hierarchy would hold meetings, as well as any economical prowess would be shown.

------

My question is how viable in PVE would a guild who's limited to the 5 classes listed above be?  Also, given the vague lore of the guild given above, do you guys see any flaws in the stipulations that may need to be changed to keep it all consistent?  Any other comments, etc. are welcome, I'm just trying to plan ahead while I can't play the game, haha.

------

Idea Part 2

Name: Something Cunning, undecided...lol

Type: RP-PVP, Medium-RP, Heavy-PVP

Stipulations

Race: Any

Class: Any

RP Premise: The idea I had was to build a guild around the features in the game.  Given the PVP nature of the game there are certain opportunities in AoC that a guild could build it's entire focus on.  My idea was a mercanary guild that actually hires itself out to other (RP only) guilds in PVP.  This is viable in AoC because of the Border Kingdom PVP that has to do with the taking and defending of towers within.  RP guilds are going to be smaller for the most part, you'll have a few big ones that were around from the beginning, but after they absorb the initial wave of RP'ers there will be smaller ones sprouting up.  The idea is to offer them aid in PVP.  Showing up to a siege to help them gain control of a battlekeep or tower, or showing up to help defend theirs when it gets sieged.  The idea is that they pay ahead of time, agree to a contract, and we do what we can to help them with whatever endeavor they've payed for.  This is not limited to PVP, it could be spread easily into PVE grouping, other small guilds need a few people for a instance run or raid, they pay us and we give them a few of our people.  This would also in turn offer a good strong workable hierarchy within the guild, the more jobs you volunteer for and take part in the more money you would earn from the guild, as the leaders take the money, and then distribute it accordingly.  It would take some work, and a good database system, but I think it would be extremely fun.

Comments

• orodeonorodeon Member Posts: 79

for a pve aspect limiting it to 5 classes wouldnt be a problem  in my opinion     i mean you have everything but the mage classes so theres not really any limiting unless there somthin in pve that you HAVE to have a mage for wich i doubt..            i mean u got fighters healers and dps what more do you really NEED in pve...

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

the second idea for sure. but if your looking to start a guild like that, that is how my guild Fade to Darkness is. and we are still looking for officers!