Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz Obraik!

SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Honstly, I think this is the best thing you can do to support your game.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=611663

However this really should be a wake up call for many people.

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

I placed my vote for SWG.  It's the best chance of bringing the poor performance and gameplay of the game to SOE's attention.  Can't wait to hear the rumblings after their staff play the game for a single day. 

p.s. yes - I have an active account with SOE even though I have not paid them for close to 26 months. 

• KatovaKatova Member UncommonPosts: 184

SWG is going to win by a landslide lol. I hope this might change their mind about this game. At least something that would make it bearable to play again.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Don't understand this campaign ? will it bring the good stuff of the good pre cu version  back in ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

It seems like they're just going to be playing for one day.. like a corporate game day... I doubt this will change anything.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Wait!

Does this mean Smedley LIED when he posted that he had his people play their games 30 minutes(or more) per day?

Does seem so, since now they have to scedule a "play time" every other week...

imageThe last of the Trackers

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

You know they will just roll up a couple of characters with dev names, and make some interns play while they take the day off.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Doh thats worth geting the ban all over again rofl........

But i have the ban sooooooooooooooo up to you all................

Doh id have to re sub isn't going to happen........................

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Why do people think the devs will log into SWG and suddenly realize there are problems?  It isn't like the state of the game is some hushed secret.

That poll does remind me of the many variations of the joke where 3 explorers get caught by some tribe who offer them a choice between death and some strange word that at the end of the joke turns out to be death by some disturbing means. 

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I'm playing potbs.. so ya sure I voted for SWG.

It seems they are going to do this every month or something.. I'll just keep voting.  actually I have 3 accounts that are always on that I don't have to pay for.   So I'll just keep voting.

Why does it matter if anyone thinks this will change anything?

I personally think if they actually follow through.. forcing them "in your face" style to actually have to play the PoS they created... is more revenge than anything.

It might help improve their other games or keep them from ever following that "dark path" again.  No one is going to work for a company where you actually get forced to play with a steaming pile of dog crap after you sell it to someone..

Well besides those guys on the "dirty jobs" show..

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

This is the *community team*...you know the glorified forum moderators. None of these people have any influence on development so it doesn't matter what game they play.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

To me it just sounds like another spin from Sony on their "See we are listening" lines.  Reading that thread there were a number of people who actually thought this would bring their game of choice some dev recognition. 

Maybe I misread this and it is just SOE coming to hang out with the players, but it sure did come off as another -look we are listening and your input is important stunt. 

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by smg77

This is the *community team*...you know the glorified forum moderators. None of these people have any influence on development so it doesn't matter what game they play.

Yep.  What I was going to say.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

From what I understand, they have proper "game test" days where they do go through to make comments on what issues they find.  This thing being voted on is for an in house fun competition they do where they see who can get the highest level in a certain amount of time, etc.  Still, would be nice to move them away from the "teachers pet" Everquest 2 and talking about SWG instead.  It's also turned into a competition between SWG and MxO :D

• Prime8Prime8 Member CommonPosts: 108

I would NOT recomend the NGE to anybody not even a soe community/Team person  

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Somebody please be sure and post a screenshot of swgmod001 running around as a Jedi.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Originally posted by Obraik

This thing being voted on is for an in house fun competition they do where they see who can get the highest level in a certain amount of time, etc. 
    That's to bad. Seems to me there was a lot of people hoping for some much needed attention on the SWG situation.

I actually feel badly now for the people that got their hopes up.

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by Suvroc

This thing being voted on is for an in house fun competition they do where they see who can get the highest level in a certain amount of time, etc. 
    That's to bad. Seems to me there was a lot of people hoping for some much needed attention on the SWG situation.

Yeah..

/working as intended

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Suvroc

Depending on how much you trust their word, Brenlo did mention they do in-house events for that purpose on a regular basis too.  He mentioned SWG had its run with their team about a month ago.

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272

From what I understand, they have proper "game test" days where they do go through to make comments on what issues they find.  This thing being voted on is for an in house fun competition they do where they see who can get the highest level in a certain amount of time, etc.  Still, would be nice to move them away from the "teachers pet" Everquest 2 and talking about SWG instead.  It's also turned into a competition between SWG and MxO :D
    Sadly I really do feel bad for MxO, with a few more Dev's working on it and with some more cash pumped into it, it could be a really nice game for people to get into. I do find it funny as well, MxO has a semi CU like system where the Player can make there toon into whatever they want it. I was going for a Kung-Fu/Gunslinger myself.

And yeah it would be nice to get them away from EQ2 for a little bit. My Girlfriend loves EQ2, however much like MxO I feel again if more time and people where put into SWG it would really help the game out.

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215
    Originally posted by wolfmann

Wait!
    Does this mean Smedley LIED when he posted that he had his people play their games 30 minutes(or more) per day?
    Does seem so, since now they have to scedule a "play time" every other week...

GASP! accusing gentle smed of a misdeed?! away with you sir!

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

And them playing the game is going to change what?  think they are really going to log in game and say "wow this game blows wtf were we thinking?"

I'd personally rather them all play Planetside, at least that way I can log in and kill them.

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

they EMPLOY community relations staff and developers?

You'd never know from the quality of all there products and the community feedback.

16 year olds fueled up on red bull, mountain dew, yohoo and dorito's would do a better job.

• GetoveritGetoverit Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by haxxjoo

You'd never know from the quality of all there products and the community feedback.
    16 year olds fueled up on red bull, mountain dew, yohoo and dorito's would do a better job.

Well if you such a great developer to make fun of others ,where is your game that you have developed?   Don't  have one?  Didn't think so. Have a nice day.

"Great minds discuss ideas, lesser minds discuss things, and shitheads get personal."

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by Getoverit

Originally posted by haxxjoo

Well if you such a great developer to make fun of others ,where is your game that you have developed?   Don't  have one?  Didn't think so. Have a nice day.

They all think they could make the ultimate game, but they have no idea what requirments it takes ;)

Thanks for the laugh mate :D

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

When they play the game themselves they will auto jump to 90 and have all the items they need to play and say theres nothing wrong with this game.......

Start a new toon from lev5 (i hate levels) no equipment no infinite money no god mode see the mess they created.....