Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP Ruined????

2»

Comments

• rishakirishaki Member Posts: 181

Originally posted by goneglockin

People are still against loot?  Hasn't anyone noticed how ridiculous in-game economies are to begin with?   And how much more ridiculous and perhaps, pointless, the game's economy becomes without it?
    Without loot this is just another disposable MMORPG in which you burn through content until you're maxed out, have all the "stuff," and then move on to the next grind.  This is the Carebear Cancer.

LIke pvp in this game wont be a grind. I was fooled aswell, thought this game might be a hit but oh well, this wont be anything for me that much i can say . Lineage2 still got the best pvp at the mmorpg market but many  cant take it since its to much of a grind *buhhhuuu*  Starting to think these so called "pvp'ers" are all a bit slow at the thinking part, some should really have figured a game really isent a mmo whitout the grind, thats the one thing that all mmo''s got.

OP, crying about some "hatefull" carebares at some shitty forum is low, no matter how retarded you "might" happend to be. If you haven't noticed the majorety of posts at gaming forums is: Flame, whine and rant posts so pleas get over it. If you are gonna skip out on a game i suggest you finde an accual reason for doing so.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

It's real simple.  No one ever loses anything upon death = terrible economy.  People lose stuff to looting that needs to be replaced = better economy.  Item decay = separate thread. 

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Unless you are currently playing AoC (beta) then you don't have any ground to stand on due to the fact that you are merely reading posts by a bunch of people who base 80% of their knowledge of the game on rumors and gossip.  AoC may not be as hardcore as orginal UO and other early MMOs, but I wouldn't bail quite yet due to the reasons you stated.  WAR does look promising though, I do agree with you about that.

• ZeknichovZeknichov Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by SandboxGod

I hate visitng Age of Conan forums. There is no pvpers there left, jsut a bunch of hateful carebears that say pvpers dont deserve any rewards from PVP. No loot, nothing. Nevermind they can just gankbang a raid boss and take all their loot. What kills me they do the same crap, the same dance, the same dance routine everytime and keep getting loot.
    The carebears have ruined yet another MMO :(
    I think I'm gong to wait on Warhammer Online like most other pvpers

Anyone else bailing?   When will they announce pvp rewards for the FFA PVP server? What is point of rolling on an FFA PVP server, get killed left and right, and not get any loot whatsoever for PVP? We just gonna level like 10x slower then the normal servers

I just recently went to the AoC forums and came to the same conclusion as you.  A year ago there was some good Risk vs Reward, PvP with meaning, etc... discussions.  Now it appears as if people on those forums don't even know the difference between EVE Online and WoW when it comes to PvP system.  Regardless, WAR is not the answer, its PvP is just as bunk as AoCs.  The only game in "development" with a real PvP system is Darkfall but we all know that's vaporware.

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

I hate visitng Age of Conan forums. There is no pvpers there left, jsut a bunch of hateful carebears that say pvpers dont deserve any rewards from PVP. No loot, nothing. Nevermind they can just gankbang a raid boss and take all their loot. What kills me they do the same crap, the same dance, the same dance routine everytime and keep getting loot.

Anyone else bailing?   When will they announce pvp rewards for the FFA PVP server? What is point of rolling on an FFA PVP server, get killed left and right, and not get any loot whatsoever for PVP? We just gonna level like 10x slower then the normal servers

you won't have carebears on AOC you can trust me..

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

So let me get this right.

AoC fans will love AoC.

AoC fans often know very little about WAR and/or Darkfall.

WAR fans will love WAR.

WAR fans often know very little about AoC and/or Darkfall.

Darkfall fans will love Darkall.

Darkfall fans often know very little about AoC and/or WAR.

Why are we arguing about these games and thier PvP systems on the AoC area?

WAR vs AoC

WAR = RvR /= PvP = AoC

The application of WAR's death penalty is built for an RvR setting.

So it is rather pointless to even compare those two, as well as thier death penalties.

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Zeknichov

I just recently went to the AoC forums and came to the same conclusion as you.  A year ago there was some good Risk vs Reward, PvP with meaning, etc... discussions.  Now it appears as if people on those forums don't even know the difference between EVE Online and WoW when it comes to PvP system.  Regardless, WAR is not the answer, its PvP is just as bunk as AoCs.  The only game in "development" with a real PvP system is Darkfall but we all know that's vaporware.

Why do you think Darkfall is Vaporware? Because the ganker playerbase is not large enough to turn a profit!