Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon Running HD video

Hi there,

Check these videos out.

I think they look really cool.

I was not convinced me so far but these videos blow me. I will probably will take holiday from work for the first week after release of AOC to level my herald of xotli :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31260.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31262.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31264.html

Comments

• OziasOzias Member Posts: 128

oh hell yeah! I can't wait!

Thanks for posting the links.

• LinuxxxLinuxxx Member Posts: 102

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1905.html

There is a link to all conan vids at that site.. i find it very good. Many high quality videos there.

• jerksonjerkson Member Posts: 106

Only thing I'm abit sceptic about, is the way you heal others. Like he said, You dont pick em from the UI bar, and then click "heal", no you stand behind the one you want to heal, and then click heal. I believe a system like this would cause many problems, like say you're about to heal someone who are at critical, and someone runs infront of you, and the heal will change target? I sure hope this system  works, cause I honestly think it sounds like its gonna be really hard to time and get to work properly. However he might've just not gone into enough details about it, and then again I havent tried beta so dont know exactly how it works, only from what he said in that clip.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

"Of course they ignore the naked glowing chick with wings"

that was hilarious, and then his after response

"...its because, shes a pet ya know?"

so funny these guys.

-Jive

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by jerkson

Only thing I'm abit sceptic about, is the way you heal others. Like he said, You dont pick em from the UI bar, and then click "heal", no you stand behind the one you want to heal, and then click heal. I believe a system like this would cause many problems, like say you're about to heal someone who are at critical, and someone runs infront of you, and the heal will change target? I sure hope this system  works, cause I honestly think it sounds like its gonna be really hard to time and get to work properly. However he might've just not gone into enough details about it, and then again I havent tried beta so dont know exactly how it works, only from what he said in that clip.
    I'm with you, I'm quite interested in how healing will work, they could very well just allow you to target and then click on Heal and follow the combo (although the animation would have to be different, so that you don't start swinging around)

On a better note, we actually saw some female avatars which looked really cool.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Want... to... play

• LinuxxxLinuxxx Member Posts: 102

I'm not 100% sure but i think you aim a cone and heals the people inside it, so you wouldn't miss the critical one.

I might remember it wrong tho, was a while ago i read it.

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by ABRaquel

I'm with you, I'm quite interested in how healing will work, they could very well just allow you to target and then click on Heal and follow the combo (although the animation would have to be different, so that you don't start swinging around)

That not exactly how healing works. Healing work like a cone attack. You will heal anyone in yoru cone of site.

• ZunaahZunaah Member UncommonPosts: 40

You heal in a cone area infront of you.  A big - V - basicly. 

If you've ever played Ryzom, it's the same idea as how you use to find harvest nodes in the ground.

If you listen carefully he says it, but doesn't go into details.

When logic fails.. instinct prevails

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Ohhhhh man........I refuse to get excited about an MMO that hasn't been released.  But........I'm thinking it's time for a new motherboard and processor.  The graphics on this one are looking too sweet.

~Hairysun~

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

It's nice and refreshing to see some truely unique gameplay footage from AoC. Props on that. I seen some good and some bad here, I'll elaborate a bit:

The bad:

Seems to me that while combat may be more "involved" I dont necessarily see it as "evolved". Some may ask what I mean. I guess on the combat side I expected a bit more innovation.. not necessarily the system itself, but just the actual combat in general. Combos are nice, depending on how available they are going to be. Mounted combat seemed to me to be lackluster, although a nice touch. The shielding system is unique, I'll give them that. All in all I like it, I think just from all the hype I expected something more.. next generation, rather than what I perceive as the same old system with new bells and whistles. However that said, I am still quite impressed. For the people that ask what I mean by the same system with new bells and whistles, some things that come to mind to me would be formations with bonuses, ala what Gods and Heroes was going to have, an NPC or mentor system much like EQ2 or FFXI, or possibly group buffs based on class makeup / situational abilities etc. I do believe they have done a great job thus far however.

The Good:

For a game still in beta, granted late in beta, the graphics I have seen, the playability, and the thought process are all in place to make this an extremely immersive experience. Changing my tanks shields to better protect myself, needing to stay near my healer for those all important times when I need it, etc. No more running half way acoss the instance and getting a renew to save me, or tossing flash heals out like water from 30 yards away. Healers will still be in the fray of things and I like that concept. Historically speaking in MMO's healers have always been much of the time the worst class to get immersed in, simply because they are so far away most of the time from whats up close and personal, in your face style playing. Gone are those days, at least for this game, for now.

I notice a lot of people making fun of the commentators of these videos, but in all that I think those people are missing something. When I listen to these guys, I dont hear a dev speaking. I hear a GAMER speaking. Talking about nipples, getting excited about being the tank, the jokes about letting others tank for him, I get the genuine impression that these guys arent there to sell a game.. they are there to SHOWCASE a game. Maybe that doesnt mean much, but I have tested literally EVER SINGLE mmorpg that has come out to date in the North Americas. And of all of them, I can tell you the good ones have one thing in common: devs that are gamers first, and devs second. Those are the people that will think like we do, understand like we do, and strive to add what we want , and evolve as we do.

In some respect, you can attribute this to why Vanguard failed miserably, even though I didnt mind it. Brad was so caught up on EQ, which, while it had a wonderful and still does have a healthy player base, is not really what people want anymore. They did 8 years ago.. not today. At least not the masses. He designed Vanguard to run like an EQ style game.. only to realize that tens of millions of dollars invested couldnt even prosper with 200k subs, let alone what he ended up with up to this point. The reality is that eq cost them less than 25% to produce versus Vanguard. The point is, he didnt change. Gamers change. We all do. You, me, the troll on these forums, our tastes vary, and our tastes change over time. I loved the deep fantasy genre aka WoW, with the vibrant graphics, etc. But now, it doesnt do much for me anymore. WoW didn't change. I did. And it did I suppose, but not really the game, more the community.

To see so much vibrant talk, and excitement and dare I say.. LAUGHTER.. coming from devs genuinely enjoying playing the game, is a breath of fresh air. Whether the game will be a blockbuster or not, we dont know. Well, I should say we DO know, but whether it will stay there or not is another story. I think a lot of that will be determined by the dev's ability to transition with the player base, and with times.

Based on the enthusiasm, I must say I like what I am seeing.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

For anyone wondering what gameplay is like - you should watch this sample from Beta.

Love the textures of the monsters and the A.I. shields and aso notice how they move out of line of sight from casters ;)

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

Mahierl2005...super post.  Very well put.

I too am getting very excited about this game.  With each video, the graphics and movements impress me more and more.  However, I really wish there were more combat videos out there like these.  They seem to only release scenes of rolling scenery, and some buildings being built.  That's nice, but we need more action videos.

I sincerely hope they stick to the release date in May.

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Thanks Centham.

More combat videos would be amazing, I don't think it is so much as lack of effort, as it is trying to hit that release date. You and I both know if they miss it.... they will in al likeliness be in DIRECT competition @ release with WAR, and I'm sure that even though they are slightly different, they dont want a direct competition on the shelves. Hopefully they will hit the May 20th release date, and all will be well. I am a tad skeptical, but until I see otherwise, I will go by what they say.

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212

Can't wait for this Game.  Good Videos

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by jadan2000

That not exactly how healing works. Healing work like a cone attack. You will heal anyone in yoru cone of site.

Basically a healing version of a bainshee if you ever played DAOC

• tgftfjhgfuftgftfjhgfuf Member Posts: 68

getting a little bit disappointed with combat. Don't get me wrong, i like the changes they are trying to make. but i think some of it is just unnecessary. And of course I'm talking about healing.  I think that you should have 2 types of heals - v-shaped and single target heal.

It doesn't mean it will not be implemented, it is just right now combat is not what i wanted to see.

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Nice videos, combat looked much better since the last video I had looked at, looks like they are coming along nicely.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

I suggest trying the Tabula Rasa trial and go the supporter class path where you will be able to use those armor repair and heal tools. There are single target, cone and point blank area effect tools and I think the cone one is working similar to what the dev was explaining in that video.

I think it makes the healers job much harder that way, but also more exciting than standing in the back pushing hotkeys while watching party health bars.

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Graphics are good... that's about it imo. That gameplay looks incredibly boring and just... slow. The follow through animations even after a fight is done would get very annoying.

• jerksonjerkson Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Zunaah

You heal in a cone area infront of you.  A big - V - basicly. 

If you've ever played Ryzom, it's the same idea as how you use to find harvest nodes in the ground.

If you listen carefully he says it, but doesn't go into details.

Ok so actually all heals are Area of Effect. Then I have a new sceptic view, does this mean every single target who are in the cone will get the full effect of the heal, or is the heal amount divided depending on how big a percentage of the cone are targetting them? Well stupid asking seeing as those who are in beta can't answer anyway, but that's something I'm looking forward to finding out.

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74

Ok so actually all heals are Area of Effect. Then I have a new sceptic view, does this mean every single target who are in the cone will get the full effect of the heal, or is the heal amount divided depending on how big a percentage of the cone are targetting them? Well stupid asking seeing as those who are in beta can't answer anyway, but that's something I'm looking forward to finding out.
    I can't think of any MMOG that had AoE spell powers (be it healing or damage) reduced by the number of targets the spell has an effect on. And no, chain spells are not considered AoE spells. ^^
  • rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

Originally posted by Razrius

Hi there,

these videos blow me. I will probably will take holiday from work ...

Wow, that good, huh?  I thought AoC was only getting an M rating.

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

I particularly like the last video, all the mob's standing around politely, not bothering to get involved. Even though their presumed confederates are swiftly getting their asses handed to them. It makes it easy to clear a dungeon if its denizens wait to get tagged before they aggro.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

lol haha dont worry the nipples will be added