Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone is scared that...

2»

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

This game will be huge if Funcom does not screw things up..they have everything on their side all they have to do is a smooth release with almost few bugs and they will conquer all...
    /draw Swords...for the KIng
    Then again some politician that keeps wanting to form "panels" for Violent video games and the ratings..

Could screw it up for them.. or have the monthly fees raised to pay for the oversight panels..

You know the one.. she's from NY... *ponder*

• dannisdannis Member Posts: 80

@OP: I read somewhere that some of the devs said they have/had/are playing WoW.

Of course they beta testers have played it as well.

• ThornwolfThornwolf Member Posts: 107

All games borrow from other games that have come before it. If they find something that works it winds up incorporated into their game. WoW despite all the hate that is out there is rabidly successful and has added a number of items to the genre and has made the MMORPG something that is more widely known and played.

I think on one hand some of what WoW is SHOULD be in Conan and the MMOs that follow. I also hope and pray that they leave out the parts that make the game less than appealing to me. That is hit and miss and often boils down to individual tastes.

I more hope the beta testers are reporting bugs, and providing feedback to improve the game technically. I think FunCom has a system in place already that is pretty solid and transparent.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I can understand why you would think the way you do.  WoW has had such a profound influence on mmos that it is inevitable that there will be some sort of influence.  However, I think AoC marchs to their own beat.  Well....atleast I hope they do.