Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can you alt-tab out of the game now?

Allo,

When I was playing FFXI way back when, the only way to get back to Windows was to actually log out of the game and into PlayOnline. You couldn't alt-tab out...  I heard now that you actually can. Is it the case?

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Yes.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• mahierl2005mahierl2005 Member UncommonPosts: 94

There's no need to anymore. The newest version has windowed mode. Just open your FFXI configuration window, and the option will be there, if your up to date.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

There is a windowed mode now for the pc version. The problem is it greatly reduces how well the the graphics look on the game and can cause lag issues. I really don't know why it does this but it does. I usually keep it on regular mode though unless im going to be doing a lot of quests and i need to look stuff up a lot.

• dominiadominia Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by k11keeper

There is a windowed mode now for the pc version. The problem is it greatly reduces how well the the graphics look on the game and can cause lag issues. I really don't know why it does this but it does. I usually keep it on regular mode though unless im going to be doing a lot of quests and i need to look stuff up a lot.

If your playing in widows mode the computer caches the "image" behind it. Generally this is the desktop. If i remember correctly FFXI is very ram intensive (comparably to other games). The cheif way to increase your frame rate in FFXI is by upgrading your ram.

But if you have to use ram to cache hidden windows, you are going to take a prefomence hit.

Currently Playing: GW2
    Retired: Shadowbane, DAoC, WoW, FFXI, Eve Online, SWToR

The Aphelion MMO Blog - GW2 Initial Impressions

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

www.windower.net

Takes cares of having to log out and not having to used the stupid built in window feature.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

As others hae said, it has a built-in windowed option now.

I'm not sure about the lag issues, etc... I don't have them personally.. I run at 1680x1050, using the registry mod for my "background resolution" to be 2048x2048 (super crisp :-D) and I don't have any such issues with lag or chop at all.

Best way to find out is see how it runs on y our system.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops