Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to open an online game store?

GrepsGreps Member UncommonPosts: 4
hello,

the main question is: where do all those online game stores and ebay sellers get their games so cheap? I am planning to open an online game store and I can't help but wonder as to the origins of all those game codes. obviously, contacting every game developer and/or their publishers won't work because a) they'll most likely bounce me back to their dealers/distributors b) they would never want to work with a young business.

so where, where do all those sickly cheap mmo game codes come from?!

Comments

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Generally the same distribution centers you speak of.

If you find a good buyer, I'm talking good. He can pretty much reneg prices down to really low prices.

Now if you are talking exclusive code things, and not selling the actual boxes, heres how it rolls.

You buy a license to sell from said company. They send you license keys IE bulk supply of keys you place into a inventory spreadsheet (or whatever you have that will send the code out after purchase).

You can either sell the software via download or not, usually given a master file to which use in conjunction with your Key's.

"Thank you for buying  Cliche: The Blackbloodmoon Saga.    

Your key is ####-####-####-####

And the download can be found here at guysgameshackandstuff.com/Cliche"

The same goes for software these days.

Licensed keys can be very cheap when you buy in bulk.

• GrepsGreps Member UncommonPosts: 4
    contacting publishers individually is not an option. I've tried with no success. nobody wants to work with a small and unknown company.

what about trying to find an employee of some large network of shops, such as gamestop, target or best-buy, who get discounts for the stuff they sell and buying codes off them for some time?