Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i have no home :(

CenthialCenthial Member Posts: 30

hey all,

This is not much of a post more like a vent i guess. Like a lot of you i have played almost every mmorpg that hits the market. WoW never did it for me beleive it or not. and for me eq2 was not my cup of tea either. I currently subscribe to LOTRO and Vanguard. I still cannot find satisfaction. I am a total PVE gamer i really dont care about pvp at all.

LOTRO is a beautiful game, the graphics are impressive and it is probably the most polished game out right now. I love the cinematics and i think it does have a lot to offer. However i have a hard time with how limited the game is. Very very few classes and races and not many variants of mobs.

Vanguard could be the game to end all games in my opinion but it just isnt. I love the graphics. I love the options of many races and classes. I love how it reminds me of my eq1 days at times. But i hate the CTD's and the heavy lag and the system intensiveness. i keep leaving this game but i keep coming back for more. i want it to be something it isnt right now.

Most of the other games on the market right now i just cannot seem to make work. I am looking to the near future and basically i see 3 hot titles. warhammer , Age of conan, and chronicles of spellborn. Warhammer seems pvpcentric which is fine but not for me. Spellborn looks amazing but once again limited ( 2 races as far as i know). so i guess my hopes rest upon conan and i am not gonna lie i am not too optimistic about this.

like i said i really dont have a main question. Is anybody in the same boat ? i know a lot of people on these boards are looking for a pure sandbox game. Maybe that would do it for me i'm not sure. i did play ultima online but i left for eq1. are there any new titles that i am missing? I basically want a large world basic pve game with lots of options that a developer can actually make work. Think it is gonna happen?

thanks for ur thoughts

Cen

Comments

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Ahaha I thought you literallty had no home when I read the title I was like dude you can move in with me lol..

Anyways I know what you mean I am waiting for a really good sandbox...A REALLY good one even if it takes a few years...

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

wurmonline kept me occupied for a little over 2 years. 

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Vendayn

Well, if you don't like any MMORPG out, might want to take a break and find another genre of games to play. Usually taking a break from MMORPGs for a few months or however long works for me. I really like MUDs, so I usually play those when taking a MMORPG break.

Or even switch to consoles for awhile, im having way more fun with my 360 then I thought I would have. Just buy Oblivion lol it feels like an mmo almost.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I am having the same problem so I switched to 1st person Shooters.  CoD4 and now Frontlines are keeping me busy  and I also re installed SpellForce 2 lol.

Sooner or later a company will make a real MMO again, something that has soul.  Something that you have to think to play.  I want a game to  make me think, make me adjust my playstyle on the fly.

I am hoping on DarkFall (no flames please).  Sooner or Later  Darkfall will be a place to hang my hat and call home again.  Ahhh what a day that will be.

Sooner or Later

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

I agree.  The current crop of MMOs are just first person shooters with a crowd.  They are nothing without PVP and PVE, there's no roleplaying, there's no fun, it's just mindlessly running around killing things for experience and none of it actually means anything.

Perhaps worst of all, I've got a serious fantasy allergy, I detest magic and sword and sorcery which means 99% of the games out there aren't anything I'd touch with a ten foot pole anyhow.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• PicklefootPicklefoot Member Posts: 218

Based on your post- you sound like the perfect candidate for Everquest 2.. to be honest.

--------------------------------------------------

• AramodinAramodin Member Posts: 13

Interesting post, I happen to be playing both lotro and vanguard too, yet I'm not quite happy with either or both.  I'm have no idea what to play next, I do like both pve and pvp though. I really liked EQ1, but hated EQ2, allthough it's prolly changed a lot since I played it last. I'm thinking I'll get a station pass and maybe play all of sony's games at least I have a few choices....

"I want Evercrack on Steroids"

• JohnhostJohnhost Member Posts: 146

It's so sad, "Vanguard would have...." is phrase that many MMO players have heard.  Sadly the development team could have used better leadership and then perhaps it would have made it. 

What is even more sad, is that developers are looking at the kind of MMO Vanguard was supposed to be, and because it did release unfinished and failed misrably, are concluding that kind of game won't be commercially successful.  But in fact I think it's exactly the kind of game to be a "wow killer".