Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Population

Just out of curiousity...

Are there any decently populated servers in the game?

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Bria, Bloodfin, Chilastra, Starsider & Chimaera are some of the more populated servers. 

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Obraik

Bria, Bloodfin, Chilastra, Starsider & Chimaera are some of the more populated servers. 
    unless you think 150 people are a LOT, I would not classify Chilastra or Chimaera a populated server.

One of my preCU toons are on Chilastra. That place is a friggin ghost town...i dont care what time of the day you are playing it

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by Obraik

unless you think 150 people are a LOT, I would not classify Chilastra or Chimaera a populated server.

One of my preCU toons are on Chilastra. That place is a friggin ghost town...i dont care what time of the day you are playing it

If Chilastra only had 150 people, I would not be advertising it as a populated server ;)

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Truth is, even the more populated servers only see peak activity at very specific times, and unless you can align yourself to those  play times, you are SOL.

• jimmybonkersjimmybonkers Member Posts: 12

Did you know that there is a tree in star wars galaxies that you can walk through, and you will fall through it... its in the one area where you take the armie of mordor to kill goblin greenlock, then when you go to the big pvp area to steal the magical bracelet of tickakalachi, then take it to golem then he gives you a ring, that one ring, one ring,one ring, one ring, one ring, one ring, one ring, one ring, to rule them all and stuff and stuff and stuff like that... then when you go to that one place and get that one thing to give to that one guy in that one place and you get that one thing and go to that other place and kill that one thing and steal his one ting and take it back to that one place and stuff and stuff and stuff and other stuff. OH YEAH.... AND! ... I LOVE PIE FTW!!!!

pie is good... yum... i hate pie... pie sucks... i want to eat some pie.... yum..... sick....

• NONE of the servers have even half the population they had pre NGE (ie: the reason for the low pops).

The ones that have a "large" population do so because they have either lost the least players because of the NGE, or had the most NGE players relocate to them.

Of course, the NGE system itself in it's poor design, makes for the fact that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ANY of the servers to support pre NGE population levels...

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

I strongly suspect that today, Sunday March 2, there are substantially fewer players on any given server than there were last night, Saturday March 1.

Because as of today the latest vet trial is over.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• Hugh01Hugh01 Member Posts: 31

No, none of the servers are populated because this game is a piece of trash that should be incinerated and its ashes should be shot into space and then shot with thousands of lasers and then shot with a GIANT anti matter gun and then harry potter should "obliviate" everyone who ever played it

Ex SWG Precu player
    Ex Guildwars player
    Ex WoW player
    Ex VG player
    Waiting for AOC

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Hugh01

No, none of the servers are populated because this game is a piece of trash that should be incinerated and its ashes should be shot into space and then shot with thousands of lasers and then shot with a GIANT anti matter gun and then harry potter should "obliviate" everyone who ever played it
    Obliviation might indeed be a mercy.

Perhaps Gilderoy Lockhart (before his misadventure with Ron's wand) could help?

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• Tranquility.

There are more (former) SWG players populating the EVE server at any one time than on the current game servers...

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409

As obraik said those are the more heavily populated servers and are always medium-heavy.

Currently just returned with my old guild of 135 and we are enjoying it.

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

• MandyMandy Member Posts: 132

I'm an Ex SWG vet as well I played it form before CU to NGE.

It was hard to handle CU but NGE was a total remake of the game it killed off all of the 32 different perfessions you could mix and match.

to 9 lame iconical perfessions and the combat in NGE was make like a cheap FPS wannabe.

I'll never go back TO SWG not even if SOE was paying me to play it.

About the only way the vets would return and not even all of them would then. is if IT went Pre NGE and maybe even pre CU. but still even alot of the vets wouldn't return.

SWG is nothing like it use to be now its a total piece of crap.

anyone who plays it now and thinks its good I feel sorry for you and had you been able to paly the real thing you wouldn't think twice about throwing the game away.

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by Sam123jo0123

As obraik said those are the more heavily populated servers and are always medium-heavy.

So you and 134 other people just resubscribed? lol

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by smg77

Me and the guild of 135 so 135 + 1 = 136, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Chilastra is great fun - We are a PVP guild so we get the action we require.

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

Originally posted by smg77

Me and the guild of 135 so 135 + 1 = 136, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Chilastra is great fun - We are a PVP guild so we get the action we require.

IFC?

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Go to EVE Online the sandbox exists there and there are defienetely people that play the game also unlike the dead servers in SWG...

• Darean002Darean002 Member Posts: 58
    I want to transfer to Bria, as it seems to be the most populated, but I've invested all my time into Eclipse so ahwell.

I hear if you transfer, you only bring your character - does this mean your badges come too?

Anyways, I was a very disgruntled vet (since beta) and took a looong break from the game. I've come back and honestly, I'm quite surprised. The game is much better now and I'm actually having a really good time. I still hate soe (same old excuses) but the point is I'm having fun.

I realize there are plenty of haters our there that are still bitter,  but I recommend giving the game another fair try. If you still don't like it, fair enough. Move along.

What is getting old is the constant "SWG suxorz!!!" rants. Yes, we know. We've all said it at some point (especially me). Now people who still rant about swg just look like sad individuals who don't have much going on in their own lives and hence, need something to gripe about.

**Returned SWG Player**
    Yeah, I used to hate the game because of NGE as much as anyone, but I've been playing the game since Feb. 2008 and have honestly had a good time. If you hate the game, fantastic, move along. Its all been said before and your continuous griefing just makes you look like a sad individual with nothing better to do.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I did give the game a try for 3 straight years for a turnaround even after the NGE  until up to 3 months ago when i clicked the cancel button its a turd now it just kept getting worse after the NGE and people just want to deny the fact that people are leaving cause of it still (Dead Servers)

• Darean002Darean002 Member Posts: 58

Firefly, its a shame, I love the tv show firefly, the movie serenity and I especially love Battle Star Galactica (so say we all).

What I don't understand is why you still post negatively about SWG every chance you get.

We got it, you don't like the game. soe gets it, they no longer get your money. So what are you really accomplishing? Its not like someone is going to see your post and say "ZOMG! He hates the game! I should quit too!".

I guess you're free to voice your opinion as much as you want, its just that after a while, readers think "Ah yes, same old same old. Time to ignore this poster."

Anyways, on the bright side, they're making a firefly mmo! Shiney!

**Returned SWG Player**
    Yeah, I used to hate the game because of NGE as much as anyone, but I've been playing the game since Feb. 2008 and have honestly had a good time. If you hate the game, fantastic, move along. Its all been said before and your continuous griefing just makes you look like a sad individual with nothing better to do.