Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would now be a good time to come back?

mullen1200mullen1200 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Its been 8 months since I quit. I  cant remember w hat dang level I was! But I was a captain..  and I was in the lone lands. I'd really appreciate if anyone could highlight me on some changes since then. I think I was just gettin into monster play, but it was hard to pick up. Thanks guys

Comments

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

Originally posted by mullen1200

Its been 8 months since I quit. I  cant remember w hat dang level I was! But I was a captain..  and I was in the lone lands. I'd really appreciate if anyone could highlight me on some changes since then. I think I was just gettin into monster play, but it was hard to pick up. Thanks guys
    Loneland is kinda junior, you can visit loneland before 20.  The mobs at the loneland are generally early to late 20s with some 20- near the zone to bree.

Captain is fun.  Not the fastest to level but with the most variety in gameplay possible.

• jaixjaix Member Posts: 99

8 months? Wow...you're probably between 20-35 if you're in the Lone-lands. You would find your Captain a lot less frustrating to play as they've been revamped since you were last on. Getting through the 30's (and 40's for that matter) has been made a lot smoother with some of the new quest lines that have been introduced. Umm, there's the cosmetic system where you can make your character look however you want them to, yet keep the stats of your currently equipped armor. Chicken-play (don't ask), Session play in the Ettenmoors, the Delving of Fror (a mix between PvP and a raid), and quite a lot of other things. You should probably just go check out the website. You know, I've never really noticed how much stuff they've added to that game since beta...

• mullen1200mullen1200 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Oh god. looks like im gonna have to resub.. hopefully the raid stuff isnt high end  only stuff..

I love siege stuff and raids too. So yeah... lol... I didnt play LOTRO for very long so im not sure how long it took me to get to lonelands. A few weeks maybe.

Oh god. looks like im gonna have to resub.. hopefully the raid stuff isnt high end  only stuff..
    I love siege stuff and raids too. So yeah... lol... I didnt play LOTRO for very long so im not sure how long it took me to get to lonelands. A few weeks maybe.

One thing we cannot dispute, Turbine keeps adding content, new content, class revamps.  AND, the free epic skill a captain gets (the free one after you finish you class weapon/armor quests) is a major one.  It makes you a most welcome member of any team.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Orthedos

One thing we cannot dispute, Turbine keeps adding content, new content, class revamps.  AND, the free epic skill a captain gets (the free one after you finish you class weapon/armor quests) is a major one.  It makes you a most welcome member of any team.
    Indeed. In Defense of Middle-Earth is an awesome skill... now all I need to do is actually finish my class quest to get it.

The raids are unfortuantely all targeted to a level 50 group.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• mullen1200mullen1200 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Arent there class quests at varying levels? Anyways, which is that nice one? One at like 45 im guessing, heh.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Arent there class quests at varying levels? Anyways, which is that nice one? One at like 45 im guessing, heh.

Yep, there are class quests at 15, 30, 45.

And, a lot more quests in the 20-50 range than at launch. I'm inclined to re-start on another server, as my smallest of the 5 toons is level 20 :)

I just love the newbie areas, only problem was getting through the same quests with all 5 toons. It should be much more interesting now, with all the quests.

Heck, LOTRO will get better and better for noobs, we started it too early :))

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• VallenarVallenar Member Posts: 124

It would also be a good time to work on getting your toon up to 50 since Book 13 will include a new zone that I'm sure you will want to explore.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Its a great time to come back :) theres just so much to do now, and im only level 44 still, but yeah the game is great, after I quit WOW i must have tried out every single game on the market, but was unable to find anything until i tried this, great game, will keep me entertained for a long time to come.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I think now would be a solid time to come back for a lot of people that have not scene the changes to the game.  When I first started playing back in Dec. I heard a lot of people saying that there was a lack of quests especially for the 40-50 range, but I was determined to take a look for myself. 

I can't tell you how many greyed-out quests I dropped in that range and I still had 37 in two major areas active quests on my bar when I hit 50.  I definitely was not scrambling looking for XP to level up.  I could choose where I wanted to be and what quest arcs I wanted to follow.

Get back in and have some fun.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

The quests you got at lvl 45 is crazily hard.  Unless you are a champion, you will need to visit Carn Dum to collect 2 items there, and Carn Dum is not funny for a 45 unless the rest of your team is VERY good.  Of cos, by the time you are 47 you can use the best craftable weapons/armor and they generally overshadow the class rewards you can get from the lvl 45 class quests.

As for Captains, the craftable (rare recipe) weapon for captains is far better than the class quest reward, at least during the days I play.