Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think it is worth it to upgrade?

CenthialCenthial Member Posts: 30

Hey all,

My computer is pretty dated and i have pretty much upgraded it as much as it possibly can. The only thing left that i can upgrade is the video card. I have an agp slot and i currently use the x1650 pro 512mb. Will i see a noticeable difference if i upgrade to the x1950 512mb card? I have read that this is one of the best agp cards available. Do u think the difference i am gonna see is going to be worth the money? Thanks for your advice.

Cen

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

yes you will... :) ...

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

what are the rest of the specs on the computer ?

what are you looking at getting out of the card, what games would you like to be able to play ? if you want to be able to play crysis with that new card, i'm gunna have to say the answer will be "no".

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Housam

yes you will... :) ...
    Depends what his other components are...

If you can tell us the other specs of your PC (CPU, RAM, Power Supply, etc.) then we can tell you if you should upgrade or not.

Also, there are several different x1950s, for example x1950 pro, x1950XT, x1950XTX. If you can link us to the card your trying to buy that would help too. As of right now the HD 3850 is the fastest AGP card on the market.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

yeah silly me :) what are the rest of your specs...emm the 1950 can run crysis...on low-medium settings

• CenthialCenthial Member Posts: 30

yeah prob my specs would help a bit huh. like i said my pc is pretty dated i have:

AMD 2800 ( roughly 2.00 )

2 gigs ram

dual hard drives ( 1 129 gb and 1 160 gb)

sb xfi sound card

windows vista ( i know this is foolish....long story)

thanks for the help i appreciate it

Cen

• xxthecorexxxxthecorexx Member Posts: 1,078

verify that you have a socket 754 motherboard and you can put an athlon 3700+ in there, that will take you from 1.8ghz to 2.4 ghz. that along with a new graphics card and you should have a noticeable difference. i wouldn't invest a whole lot in that processor, but it you can find it somewhere for under 50 bucks it'd be worth it.