Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need help

shadystatusshadystatus Member Posts: 6

If anyone could tell me a good E/any build using any atribute and only skills from nightfall EoTN and prophecies that would be great.

Comments

• endlesoneendlesone Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by shadystatus

If anyone could tell me a good E/any build using any atribute and only skills from nightfall EoTN and prophecies that would be great.

here are some E/Any for NF Campaign

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:E/Mo_Blinding_Surge_Warder

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:E/Mo_Master_of_Magic_Smiter

Prophecies

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Category:Prophecies_builds

• shadystatusshadystatus Member Posts: 6

thank you

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

It should be noted that the builds posted before were both for PvP. If you want builds for PvE I would recommend the following builds.

• Pans_FolleyPans_Folley Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by Godliest

It should be noted that the builds posted before were both for PvP. If you want builds for PvE I would recommend the following builds.

Searing Flames Ele: Awesome damage output, I usually run this on my Ele heroes.
    Mind Blast Hybrid: Snares and deals damage without energy problems. Nice.
    Assassin's Promise Nuker: Knockdowns, damage and burning; without downtime!

Awsome builds!

I don't want to hijack the thread by any means, so I will keep this along the same lines. When people team up with an Elemenalist, are they looking for more fire power in the character or can you choose another power pool like Air or Earth or Water and still have a chance to be picked up for a team? I ask because I see that 90% of the builds are Fire related. My main is a EL/MO build focused on fire, but I do want to look at other options and powers for it. I run solo about 99% of the time picking up Henchmen to help, so Fire is a better build on this one, but if I get more into teaming, I'd like to try other powers if it wouldn't hinder me.

I'm trying not to hijack it too bad....

Originally posted by Pans_Folley
    Originally posted by Godliest It should be noted that the builds posted before were both for PvP. If you want builds for PvE I would recommend the following builds.

Searing Flames Ele: Awesome damage output, I usually run this on my Ele heroes. Mind Blast Hybrid: Snares and deals damage without energy problems. Nice. Assassin's Promise Nuker: Knockdowns, damage and burning; without downtime!

Awsome builds!
    I don't want to hijack the thread by any means, so I will keep this along the same lines. When people team up with an Elemenalist, are they looking for more fire power in the character or can you choose another power pool like Air or Earth or Water and still have a chance to be picked up for a team? I ask because I see that 90% of the builds are Fire related. My main is a EL/MO build focused on fire, but I do want to look at other options and powers for it. I run solo about 99% of the time picking up Henchmen to help, so Fire is a better build on this one, but if I get more into teaming, I'd like to try other powers if it wouldn't hinder me.
    I'm trying not to hijack it too bad....

Basically when playing as an elementalist your main purpose in the group is to nuke your enemies, you will usually be the main source of damage. I will just make a short comment on the different attributes for elementalists:

• Energy Storage - In 98% of the cases you should invest points into this attribute as it greatly helps with your energy management by providing you with a much larger energy pool.
    • Air Magic - This is most commonly used when you want to spike a single target, therefore making it much more effective in PvP.
    • Fire Magic - Very common to see in PvE. This attribute got the most potent AoE damage spells as well as the ability to inflict burning, it also has one of the best energy management skills (Mind Blast).
    • Water Magic - Featuring the best snares in the game this attribute can be seen being run in both PvE and PvP. Skills from this attribute you use because you want to hinder and slow down the opponents.
    • Earth Magic - Very common in more organized PvP. This attribute is mainly used because of the Wards you can find here. Wards can support your team greatly. This is also the way to go if you want to be a tank.

If you want to run a Ele in PvE your best way to go is to go for fire magic, it will pretty much always work. You can always run a hybrid Water+Fire in order to snare and deal damage, this can be very useful if played right.

If you want to play something else than the traditional Elementalist you can also play as a tank. Using the excellent defense skills from the Earth Magic attribute you can become a quite powerful tank that's able to take quite heavy damage. This however is not advised to be playing in PUGs as in most cases a Ele tank is not necessary. When playing in more organized groups in harder areas more defensive tanks are necessary, and then you will be asked for.

Hopefully that helped a bit. If you want more questions you can just ask again, or add me in game (ign: Dance With Spears).

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I have really enjoy playing an Earth Ele...My main character (almost 3 years old) is an Ele and she has completed every campaign has over 10 maxed titles and numerous other accolades.  The reason I bring that up is because my Ele has used one of the core strengths of GW inorder to attain such achievments.  That core strength that I speak of is the ability to create my own build and change them as often as I want.

I used fire most of my time in the game, but in the Fire Islands that is not to effective, so when I did not have a ranger with winter, I switched to water magic and bingo.  In Eye of the North I was loaded up and in about 20 minutes after it openned...and while running though areas I noticed both fire and water were going to take a backseat to earth.

Earth provides protection and good AoE damage.

One of my favorite personal builds:

16 Earth

15 Energy Storage

Galigords Staff

Skills:

Stone Daggers / Ash Blast / Arcane Echo / Unsteady Ground (elite) / Sliver Armor  / Ward of Melee / Earth Attunement / Aura of Restoration

Note:

Unsteady can be switched out for Sand Storm if you are facing more caster types.  I love Unsteady Ground because it interupts attacks and it is not a very flashy skill so most melee types in PvP don't notice why they are taking damage.  When they fall down I hit them with ash blast blinding them throw up sliver armor and I am already standing in a ward of melee, so I am not taking a whole lot of damage.  Stone Daggers are good to machine-gun and finish people off.  In RA I will switch out either sliver armor or ash blast in place of a res sig.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Thanks for the info. I've made sure that Energy Storage is as high as I can get it. That seems to be number one. I also have fire at 12, but as pointed out to me, I can always reorginize it as needed to fit the area I'm going to be fighting in. I do like Monk as a secondary only because I can use resurrect when my teammates go down and I don't have to wait for the team to hit morale boost to rez again.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Thanks for the info. I've made sure that Energy Storage is as high as I can get it. That seems to be number one. I also have fire at 12, but as pointed out to me, I can always reorginize it as needed to fit the area I'm going to be fighting in. I do like Monk as a secondary only because I can use resurrect when my teammates go down and I don't have to wait for the team to hit morale boost to rez again.

Not sure if you know yet or not, you can get above 12 in fire by using a head piece and runes (remember you can only use runes from your primary profession).

I always place my runes on my head pieces as well for easy build changing.  People all have their own feelings about runes.  My view is, I only use minor or superior with the exception of rune of vigor where the extra 7hp is not worth 10+plat to me.  Major runes don't seem to give an attribute boost worth the loss of hit points it causes.  In PvE I always put a Superior Rune of X on my head piece of the same stat giving me the +4 boost to put me to 16.

Anyways...I am probably telling you stuff you already know...good luck have fun.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

You could of course always stick to a ritualist secondary too as they got quite nice resurrection skills (Flesh of my Flesh and Death Pact Signet). Otherwise you shouldn't feel forced to have replace reusable resurrects for "hard rez". Also you don't have to have Energy Storage at the highest level, it's better to put more points into the elemental attributes and eventual secondary profession attributes that you need for your build. Energy Storage is a good attribute to always have points into, but for that sake you don't always have to have attributes spent into it.

You could of course always stick to a ritualist secondary too as they got quite nice resurrection skills (Flesh of my Flesh and Death Pact Signet). Otherwise you shouldn't feel forced to have replace reusable resurrects for "hard rez". Also you don't have to have Energy Storage at the highest level, it's better to put more points into the elemental attributes and eventual secondary profession attributes that you need for your build. Energy Storage is a good attribute to always have points into, but for that sake you don't always have to have attributes spent into it.

I should be typing this at home where I can see the build first hand, but I'll wing it the best I can remember. I may not have said it exactly right, but how I have the build is Energy Storage 12 +2 +1 Fire 12+1. I then have protection (not sure the exact name of it, Monk 2nd) at 3. I was playing last night in Lion's Arch crossover to Eyes of the Norh (or is it Nightfall, I can't remember off hand.)  and moved points from Fire to Air and played with Chain Lightning and Enervating Charge. Then I moved them over to Water and played with Deep Freeze and Frozen Burst. It was real fun because I could find out which power did what kind of damage and who was resistant to what.

I do like Aura of Restoration and with all the storage points, I not only have a higher heal rate, but I am also able to heal more often because I have additional energy to cast more spells and that means more damage output. Plus, if I do need to heal more often with my 2ndary, I have the extra energy to cover that and still cause damage.

The main reason I like having Rebirth is in most cases, I'm running solo with henchmen and more often then not, the healer is always going down first. As long as she can come back, I'm good, but I found that once she was down and the signet was spent, the rest of the party dropped real fast. When I have Rebirth, I can run away and shake the aggro, then rez her and then the rest and we're back fighting and I have no penelty to boot. Call me a dork if you want, but once I am running -30 against level 22 - 24, I'm not a happy camper and will reset the mission or zone to get out of it.

I'm still learning as I go along. Guild Wars has something for all level of players. As I learn more, I find that there's more to still learn.    

It doesn't sound very good that your healer henchman should die all the time. I myself pretty much never see anyone in my party dying when playing missions, with the exception of some of the tougher ones. If your healer henchman dies that often you should seriously consider bringing more defense, healing or protection when playing. If the henchman dies so often she tend to get -60% dp and then her energy and health will be so low she won't support with much healing and will just die over and over.

It's always a good idea to play around with the different skills and understand what they are good for and how you need to use them. For example you may have found out that Deep Freeze and Frozen Burst may require you to bring some skill to handle energy better as they cost quite a lot energy.

It doesn't sound very good that your healer henchman should die all the time. I myself pretty much never see anyone in my party dying when playing missions, with the exception of some of the tougher ones. If your healer henchman dies that often you should seriously consider bringing more defense, healing or protection when playing. If the henchman dies so often she tend to get -60% dp and then her energy and health will be so low she won't support with much healing and will just die over and over.

I have found two very interesting things with the henchmen. I do first want to apologize to the OP for straying of topic as much as I have, but understanding the Elementalist’s strengths and weaknesses is a major part of the build, so I appreciate the indulgences. The first thing I’ve noticed is Little Thorn will run to the farthest target possible. In some cases, he can even aggro a second group, so I need to plant his tiny butt in one spot before I start to cast my spells. Second, and this one is hard to figure out, I watch as the mobs target the healer right off the bat. I watch over her as best as I can, but even though I’m the one that has issued first damage, she is picking up the aggro. Once she has the aggro, she then starts to run from them, killing every attempt to pull the bad guys off, or damage them with an AoE to get their attention turned on me or the others. I do find that the snares of Water and Ice work the best to slow down their advances on her for a bit. It may just be the way I’m using them and I need to refine my skills at using henchmen. Like you said, I just really need to keep playing with the powers and find the combination that works best for me. The nice thing about the game, you can reselect your power sets and redistribute your points over and over. I also understand that once I move into other chapters or campaigns, I can even relearn my second profession if I want. Like I said before, there is still so much to learn.

I have found two very interesting things with the henchmen. I do first want to apologize to the OP for straying of topic as much as I have, but understanding the Elementalist’s strengths and weaknesses is a major part of the build, so I appreciate the indulgences. The first thing I’ve noticed is Little Thorn will run to the farthest target possible. In some cases, he can even aggro a second group, so I need to plant his tiny butt in one spot before I start to cast my spells. Second, and this one is hard to figure out, I watch as the mobs target the healer right off the bat. I watch over her as best as I can, but even though I’m the one that has issued first damage, she is picking up the aggro. Once she has the aggro, she then starts to run from them, killing every attempt to pull the bad guys off, or damage them with an AoE to get their attention turned on me or the others.I do find that the snares of Water and Ice work the best to slow down their advances on her for a bit. It may just be the way I’m using them and I need to refine my skills at using henchmen. Like you said, I just really need to keep playing with the powers and find the combination that works best for me. The nice thing about the game, you can reselect your power sets and redistribute your points over and over. I also understand that once I move into other chapters or campaigns, I can even relearn my second profession if I want. Like I said before, there is still so much to learn.

In this case I would recommend taking a Protection Henchman, Earth Henchman, Healer Henchman (another one) or Spirit Henchman if you got access to any of these. This would solve the problem. Otherwise I wonder if you're playing in a 4-man group or 8-man? It's not quite clear. Bringing a snare or a ward (Ward Against Foes or Ward Against Melee being the two best options) to protect your healer.

And you will be able to change profession further on into the game (see here for more info). Taking another protection/healer henchman is good and learning to manage them (with flags and so on) is also very good to learn.

Update: I was between Lion's Arch and Bergen Hot Springs when all the dying was happening. Then I decided to run the Eyes of the North add on and ran throught he fisser. Now I have my two heroes along for the ride, but I do see what you're talking about. I only had 6 party going but once I made it to Boreal Station, I was able to pick up a couple of extra henchmen at that time. Now I'm back at Lion's Arch and running the missions and quest just fine. I've even picked up Phoenix and am doing a lot more damage and fun with the new power. I am getting used to the henchmen's powers and how to augment their damage and healing using my Elementalist and Monk powers. Thanks !