Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this game?

momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I'm a big martial Arts fan.  How is this game?  I'm looking for a good martial art game to keep me busy for 8 months or so?

Comments

• Tester003Tester003 Member UncommonPosts: 58

This program 12 skys had the most annoying movement controls. Was bloody if you like that maybe you will be able to overlook the controls. Try other programs but not this one.

• reverseflowreverseflow Member Posts: 1

I happen to have a different opinion about this game.  I was baffled at first because it's a different breed of game then i'm used to (WoW, Diablo, GW, etc.... ) but it was most definitely a breathe of fresh air. It's pvp and rvr based completely and is not a dungeon crawler or grindcore type of game (which i kinda like alot, cuz them countless hours of mindless grinding is just boring to be honest). It was grinding all the way up to lvl 30 (about 1-2days of game play) then I was able to join my first RvR war zone, which was an amazing experience.. instead of slow walking and waiting 5 minutes to cast a spell, it was instant and fast.. players running everywhere slaughtering each other... the goal was to hold a formation in the center of the warzone, which isn't easy  and very fun to do. Each warzone that you level up into has a new reward cave and bonus that comes with your faction/race for winning it. It's 3v3 race wars and very chaotic at first it seems until you realize the strategies used in each war. The community is amazingly friendly, but a bare minimum of rotten players in it (but which game doesn't have this lol).  They were willing to help me out from lvl 1 which is really nice because as once stated the controls are different... but once you get into the war part of it.. you quickly realize that NO OTHER controls would even work for this type of game.. it's mouse control movement cuz you have to be able to zip around at very fast speeds and target enemies quickly. It takes a whole 10 minutes in the game to get used to it and comfortable. Alot of skills, weapons, and options to be used, and Teamwork is key in this game. You can do it solo and just grind all the way to cap lvl if you want, but you'll be missing out on the fun of it. I recommend this game to anyone looking for a revival of MMO's in their life... it is completely free to play, and the GM's are very active with appearances and interaction with the players, and also tons of events goin on daily. I've got no complaints to this game other then i wish i would have found it earlier then i had.

-reverseflow

download it, play it, become addicted like the rest of us.

www.aeriagames.com

• CirosCiros Member Posts: 2
    dude it s pretty cool 3 factions, which leads to an all and out war after 30 plus, 70 plus get to do some major fun. dl, try it is all I gotta say.....you will get addicted. aeria games version is the only one that is english based so pretty much no other choices since GnG's version died after their 6mo period went by. aeria has a god community, so like I said try it, and heck if you dont like it there are always other games. I am not one to say that a certain game is right for everyone since it is pvp based it may be right for some, but others like grinding *shrug* to each their own
  • SofaKingEvilSofaKingEvil Member Posts: 1

I for one have played many. Rappelz, sro, rohan and 2moons to name a few. This game and aeria in general have one of the most active GM staff I have come across. They GM's actively work to maintain the community through events, policing bots and gold spammers and so on. The game play seems to be very different than the others with the focus being on PVP as early lvl 30 with battles for special grinding areas with many types of bonuses in each. I for one did not have an issue with the controls they seem to be the samee very familliar MMO key layout.

My sugestion is download it try it and see for yourself. Leveling is fast so I suggest you level to 30 and try pvp out and ask questions in game or look for Game Sages when playing for help.

• lordvoldmortlordvoldmort Member Posts: 9

if u wanna real martial arts

go for 9Dragons

best martial arts game forever

www.9dragons.acclaim.com

check there

• KariTRKariTR Member Posts: 375

I took a break from Vanguard back in september and when a CB invite to 12 Sky landed in my inbox I never expected to still be playing nearly 8 months later.  Ive played several F2P games but always feel them lacking after a few weeks (though most dont hold my attention that long) and so normally stick to P2P with the philosophy of "you get what you pay for." 12 Sky has pretty much blown that philosophy to pieces.

Dont get me wrong, you dont get the extremely polished graphics of say a Lineage2 (my first MMO love) but the PvP, as mentioned, is fast, plentiful and thank heavens finally a game that has balanced it right.

If you prefer PvP to grinding and questing then this game could be for you. There is a mission based storyline - think KalOnline - but the focus is on fighting your enemies. We fight over formations that reward the winners with dungeons that have boosted/specfic drops, formations that provide the winners with boosted exp. and faction stones that reward boosted damage, to provide just a few examples.

It has an extremely friendly playerbase - very new player friendly - thanks to Aeria, who maintain enthusiasm and make community spirit a priority.

PS LordVolt, I had a new player whisper me yesterday lamenting the fact if he had known about 12 Sky sooner he wouldnt have "wasted time on the awful grind that is 9Dragons."

• herojer11herojer11 Member Posts: 14

Personaly i love this game, 3factions,3 weapon types, war between the 3 factions (over 10 wars for lvl 30+) very cool weapon/armor enchanting system, easy to lvl up and very very fun when we are lvl 30+ for the wars duel other poeple.

This game have alot of events also..

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

As I have stated before , I never played a game that I actually didnt like , they all have flaws one way or another mixed in with the fun.

This one has some features that i have not yet seen in other games and a certain degree of uniqueness , which is generally what I look for when judging a game .

I was all set to play Rohan OB but when I discovered a well known piece of garbage bundled in with thier client known as "GameGuard" I decided to try this game instead . I like it , others may not depending on their taste .

Some truths I have come to realize:

People always seem to be searching for the perfect game and are never happy with anything one way or another.

Developers refuse to break away from the standard mmorpg model because they think that`s what people want so instead they continue to try and create new and improved versions of played out ideas .

That being said , EQ 2 is one of my personal favorite games but I can find plenty of joy playing some lesser known Asian game thats off in a corner somewhere simply because they have something in the game I have never seen before and this allows me to explore  something different and satisfy my curiousity .

Twelve Sky is fun , it has RVR which is the basis for the game and it`s got alot of freedom of movement as well as a build variable system that puts you in control of your character`s attributes. This game , like DAOC offers a 3 faction system for RVR which gives the opportunity to allow for a more dramatic outcome rather than the 2 faction RVR games , also you cannot play more than one faction at a time without deleting your characters , so no spying etc .

Set in ancient China the graphics are maybe a 7 out of 10 , not awful but not as polished as some other games. No wasd , everything is point and click but its not something you cant live with . Leveling is not as difficult as other Asian games , 9 Dragons , Hero etc ( I have high level chars in both )  and there are quests that give good rewards including exp and something Ive never seen before , stat points as a reward .

Folks this isnt a cheesball half assed browser based rock em sock em robot game . It has all the goods , factions , items ,rares , pets , skills , armor ,weapons , quests , item enchantment , pvp , rvr and a whole lot more , if youre bored or looking for something to play who knows , it might bring you a little joy . 

• imavirus22imavirus22 Member Posts: 19

12sky is by far one of the best MMOs i have ever played love the PvP like others said its fast and intense players are super friendly GMs shut the bots up advertising gold no disconnections every 5 seconds(2moons ) if they werent friendly to you you were probebly mean and youre AoE is really good against those mobs only problem when i played is friend limit wich is only like 10

so try an awesome game

• imavirus22imavirus22 Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Tester003

This program 12 skys had the most annoying movement controls. Was bloody if you like that maybe you will be able to overlook the controls. Try other programs but not this one.

well its not to annoying if you get used to it and the blood is new to mmos it isnt hard to learn the controls unless your 5