Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

=)

JUST GOT TO 70 ON MY 3RD SERVER =)

Comments

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Erm....well done?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• SIL3NT-DE4THSIL3NT-DE4TH Member Posts: 23

thanks took forever lol

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by SIL3NT-DE4TH

thanks took forever lol

Let me recommend a good 12 step program

• miscsmiscs Member Posts: 9

I would have probably got bored second time round

• IronDreadIronDread Member Posts: 1

hehe nice job :D

• retrospecticretrospectic Member UncommonPosts: 1,466

My philosophy is:

The more character you play, the more you suck at each of them.

• DragonOakDragonOak Member Posts: 322

Gratz!

My philosophy is if you play only one class, you are unable to adapt, have no idea what other classes can do, and limit yourself to a single role.

Originally posted by retrospectic

My philosophy is:
    The more character you play, the more you suck at each of them.

Also, this philosophy has been confirmed many times by dealing with group members who forget key elements of their class.

"Damn, forgot arrows"

"NEver got that totem"

"Never learned first aid"

"I can use daggers?!"

"I'll rolled need!  Oh wait, plate...damn sorry"

"Which totems do you want?  Spell dmg?  But you're tanking!?  I'll use strength!"

"What did you just do?  I have an ability called Divine Intervention?  Cool!"

"Oh, I dont really use poisons"

"I don't need a shield, I stack dodge."

"My trap broke.  I only shot it...once!"

etc

Originally posted by DragonOak

Gratz!

My philosophy is if you play only one class, you are unable to adapt, have no idea what other classes can do, and limit yourself to a single role.

Adapt?  I play a class that can fill tank, dps, and healing...

I respec holy for raids that need it.

I dps for friends who ask.

I tank whenever I can.

Adapt?  Psh.  I'd rather not grind the same factions multiple times and waste my time.

Edit:  I have also played with every class in instances/pvp/raids.  I've been around long enough to know their roles and what they can do.  Also, I rely on their own skill for whatever we're doing.  I don't need to know every class in and out to successfully progress.  If I did, I'd be rolling characters far too often to have any fun.  I dont have the time to do folk's research for them.

• DragonOakDragonOak Member Posts: 322

Adapt?  Psh.  I'd rather not grind the same factions multiple times and waste my time.

See even the hardcore fanboi's think endgame sucks,

Originally posted by DragonOak

See even the hardcore fanboi's think endgame sucks,

The faction grind system has very little to do with the negatives of end game.  A player putting themselves through the faction grind system multiple times boggles my mind, and also helps me to realize why players who reroll often dislike post-70 content.  If I had to run heroic mech with another character enough times to hit exalted I would go crazy.  There is absolutely no sane reason (besides changing between Alliance and Horde) to take another character through the same content.  Unless, of course, you've grown to hate your class.

The game, in my opinion, wasn't meant to cater to players who have multiple alts.  The system favors those who stick to one character.  You can see this in so many areas.  All grinds benefit only the character grinding. Take leveling for example.  Post level 20ish, all players are doing the same quests, every time. All raids benefit from characters having many good pieces of gear, not many characters with a few good pieces.  Also, regardless of how easy players claim WoW is, being good at a class requires playing them enough to tackle all sorts of situations.  You miss out on this when you roll another class to 70 and experience the same fairly simple normal mode instances.

In my experience, players who have multiple characters to bring to instances, pvp, and raids hurt themselves and whoever they are fighting with.  They often have the same amount of time as everyone else spread out over two  or more characters.  That means that each character has less than could be achieved if the player stuck with one character.

As for flexibility and adaptation, I think that comes with playing the game.  Of course, I don't know as much about a Shaman as the raid geared Shamans I play with do, but I know what they can do for a group and my tanking.  If I rolled a Shaman and leveled it to 70, I would have a more hands-on knowledge, sure, but that doesn't mean it is a requirement for playing with them.

In regards to fanboi, I wouldn't say I'm a great cheerleader for Warcraft.  The game, as much of a behemoth as it is, still has many faults that have not been dealt with.  PvP, in my opinion, is a horrible system that rewards losing quickly and often more than winning slowly.  End game non-instanced factions (aldor/scryer) also need work.  The game is fun when you have a good guild and team mates with good personalities.  Hell, I had fun playing EverQuest when my guild was fun.

To sum up:

• End game doesn't suck. 
    • Putting yourself through the grinds multiple times sucks.
    • You can adapt and learn other classes while playing with them.
    • Normal mode instances with multiple 70s will always seem dull
    • I am not a fanboi, but I do enjoy the game.
    • I admitted to playing EQ