Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good looking f2p game - have i tried them all?

livejamielivejamie Member UncommonPosts: 32

i think i've tried every single f2p mmo that's out, and i've only kept a couple. i like a good mix of pve and pvp, and i don't mind a little grind. i like a good community. it needs to look good.

the games i've kept:

2moons - awful community, lots of botters/scammers. game looks really good, great enviroments and characters. the quest system is not intuitive and the game doesn't really feel complete to me, but lots of potential. also every single person looks the same, and you can't customize your avatar, that sucks.

archlord - this game is gorgeous, but i don't quite understand what i need to do? awful quest system, and doesn't seem very active. a lot of grinding i guess? not quite sure, need to play it more.

cabal - i'm so happy this game came out, it is so fun! excellent community, spectacular storyline/quest system. the combo/skill system is great. so far this game is a winner for me and the game i'm playing most lately.

guild wars - i purchased this recently and it seems pretty good. spectacular graphics, i just need to give it more time i think.

hero online - i can't bring myself to uninstall this game. the storyline is bad, the translations are laughable. but the game itself feels fun, the skills are good and it seems to be trying new things. the community seems to be good, but again, lack of customization as far as avatars are concerned.

perfect world - this one seems to be a big hit but i don't get it so far, seems really corny/cheesy. the quest system isn't very intuitive. i should probably give this one more time.

silkroad - i don't understand why everybody hates this game so much. it's gorgeous. great skills, great avatar customization, awesome trade system. great classes. it has it all. it's too bad the servers are always so crowded and that there are so many people who abuse the game (botters, etc) - but i think it's up to the player to overcome them. beat the botters! :)

--

so there are the games i kept. the only real requirements i have of a game are for it to be f2p, 3d, freeview with good-looking graphics. (games like fates of scion and lunia are cool, but i don't like my games to be cutesy/animeish)

are there any other games i missed? any thoughts?

i'm livejamie in game and on xfire, i hope to see you all around! :)

thank you!

livejamie

Comments

• KevinRKevinR Member Posts: 35

You could try RF Online its free to play and download, there is a cash shop but you do not have to buy anything . There are some beginneers rings that help boost your HP and some items that make you more competative at 45ish.

The game is PVE for about the first 25 levels then you have to go to a PvP area to level. You end up running away or being pked by players that are 10 to 20 levels higher then you and the grind from about 25 to 40 can be painful. At 40 you get your second class skill and then can start fighting back :)

There are a a few BOTs and gold sellers and we have been waiing for a patch to fix some exploits. The graphics are good  and the servers have not crashed since the last exploit fix. They go down on a Wednesday morning for maintence.

• livejamielivejamie Member UncommonPosts: 32

thanks for the reply. i don't really like space games, i tried rf for a while and it's good.. just not my type.

livejamie

• shadowkiddshadowkidd Member Posts: 5

Mwuaha! It's shadowkidd up and running >:D I quit Cabal Online heh twll Pure and Jole I still love em ;D I liked it and all just its not that creative, not tht much free roam and exploring and vaiety to train at... lvling is sooo darn ez I played for 4 days and I was 27 and the last day I barely trained and I hung out with Nathan, syggz, dand, pure, jole, tht vl 80, sassy, degree, magic, etc etc etc and U wnana lk new game with me and my friend whos quiting the game w e  cruerently playing wlel mayb we r. Hes lvl 58 I 2would be like 55-59 but I quit for 5months and he didnt and Now Im lvl 32 with a lvl 21 and 24 and 7 and hes  alvl 58 with a lvl 16. Im looking for  agame with good mounts, good graphics, moderate lvling speed liek in fiesta. I would play sro with shootermanz which we were but darn server traffic buttt me and him found out we can play from 10-5am O.O