Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat guide.

LunethLuneth Member Posts: 63

Armour

One the most important things about combat is your armour. Whether you are ready to go into the Wilderness, or are just showing off your new Guthix armour, you want to look like a formidable opponent. You need to choose armour that you can easily afford, make, or find, because no one likes to lose their 175k set of rune armour to someone in the bounty hunter area. Here are some armour tips.

1)Try and raise your smithing level up to the point of steel. It will be a good source of quick Money, and you will be able to sell it in order to get stronger armour than you had before.

2) have good contacts, and good idea of the item's price, friends or well known people who you've help before might get it for you cheaper. remember what goes around, comes around

3) there are spawn points around wilderness for steel armour,iron daggers and crossbows,if you have the time and guts then you could probably go around searching for these.

Fast Combat Training

Start off by fighting cows/goblins (Lvl 2)plus...you can train at cows at Falador cow farms...It's the nearest cow farm to the bank...collect their cowhides and sell them when you have AT LEAST more then 100...note them and you can sell them for 89-99GP in the G.E. while training your combat lvl...

These are the level that you should train on for now.

Lvl 3-10: Train on chickens/cows/goblins on any combat skills.You should train on goblins in the goblin house north west of the toll-gate to Al-Kharid, but it's nearly always alot of peaple there. Chickens are not a good idea as well because you can only sell their feathers for 4-5GP each. Remember to keep and cook any meat you kill since this will make your future much much easier.

Lvl 10-20: Move on and train on the goblins in the Goblin Village or stay with cows and goblins.

Lvl 20-40: Train on minotaurs lvl 12(not 27!!) in the Stronghold of Security, collect the arrows and the noted rune essence that is dropped to sell for profit. You can also collect the tin and copper ores, if you want to raise your smithing level.

'Alternative: Train on lvl 28 Hill Giants in the Edgville Dungeon. They have great drops and are easy to kill, if you do this get a key for the door above so you can sell the big bones for 350-450gp each.'

Lvl 40- 50: Train on lvl 27 minotaurs.

Lvl 50-60: Do Dragon Slayer quest, then train on moss giants at Varrock manhole(you can multi-attack it).

Lvl 60-70: Try fighting moss giants on Crandor(you fight solo there)( if you're planning on camping on moss giants, bring 1 woodcutting axe/tinder box/and lobby pot[ if u can fish lobbies]) get full inventory of lobbies/swordies and go fight moss giants till lvl 70. Alternative, if you are a member you can kill ogres near castle wars with 24 pieces of food ( so you can bury the bones ). Can do this up to for as long as u want.

Lvl 70-80: Train on lessers, or keep training on moss giants if you think you gain faster Xp on moss. Experiments are good to train on around here and up to 126 combat because they are a low level and have a 100 hitpoints allowing you to hit hard on them while they can't hit hard on you. Though two quests are required to reach them (Priest in Peril and Creature of Frankenstein quest) You will then find these in the creature of freinenstein dungeon with the lower ones at the back. Also, experiments are great training at any lower lvls, as well. 400 exp per kill, and they drop bones, but it gets boring.

Lvl 80-90: train on lessers, round about this stage and up the shadow warriors in the legends guild are good to train on. And there's still the experiments.

Lvl 90+: train on any monsters u want, for now there are no more monsters higher than lvl 100 in non-member.

• If you're planning to camp at greater demons, bring some items(there's a swordy fishing spot in lvl 35 wildy) and a rune 2h(also be aware of revenants, so only bring a rune 2h/ rune pl8/ and rune leg(if you die, no shame in defeat, you get to keep 3 items). But...if u got at least 2 eq that is importent there...like(rune full helm or addy legs)...you can go back to Varrock and store it in bank then go back or just stay there until ur sastified

Lvl 110+: There are a lot of choices to be had here. Fighting the monsters in the lava area under Karamja is great, they drop some nice stuff. At lvl 110, they won't hit hard, and you'll kill them with ease.

That's members only, by the way.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

There are a couple of things that I do not agree with in in your article -

1.  You think that the best way to make money for armour is to smith mithril?  Are you kidding me?  Instead of training that slow and expensive skill (if you don't mine), you can train so many other things to buy rune.  Btw, mithril doesn't sell that easily.... 

2.  Never get your armour from a RuneScape player?!  Are you kidding me?  Why would I go to the shop to buy a rune plate,  whichI (I believe it is around 85k in the shop), instead of buying it at the G.E. or from another player.  If you buy things like rune from shop, then thats just a wasted chance of a possible bargain.

3.  There's no risk of going into the wildy anymore....what would be the risk of going to the lava maze besides an occasional revenant?   By the way, this is yet another bad way of making money.... TRY-   Woodcutting, fishing, mining, runecrafting, etc....

I do agree with your training guide for the most part, though.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I do not agree with this guide. There are more thorough guides on zybez, runescape community, and rune hq you might want to check out.  The best way to train combat is to make your player as strong as they can be for their level, so training on things that drop arrows and runes helps you in the long run.  You always want to buy your armour from other players because it is alot cheaper than store prices you can't be scammed as long as you use the exchange.  Cows are poor $ as well, better off training on things that drop runes.  There is no point in smithing mith because it takes forever, it is more profitable to sell steel bars.  Mith takes longer to mine longer to smith and too much coal.  With the grand exchange in, you no longer have to price check, you can walk up to the exchange in varrok and buy your armor.  With the removal of the wilderness the player killing guide is outdated.

• LunethLuneth Member Posts: 63

Now, i wrote this guide a while ago. and i just though to put it here without reading it's content over again... and also, i just readed over again. and i will now personally update some of the points.