Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How well will it run?

d3moliti0nd3moliti0n Member Posts: 63

Hey there

Well I already own EverQuest 2 and I played it for around 2 or 3 months in total. I enjoyed the game but my system ran it really crap and I struggled with the graphics a lot. This is all down to my system as it sucks for gaming. My current spec is:

Intel Celeron 2.60GHz CPU

1GB DDR Ram

256MB Radeon X1650 Pro AGP8X GPU

But I have inherited my parents computer as they no longer use it and so am carrying out a number of upgrades on it and the spec will look like this:

Athlon X2 3600+ (2.00GHz, 512KB Cache)

2GB DDR Ram

Radeon HD3850 256MB (PCI-E)

I am planning on trying out EQ2 again once I've completed the upgrades but I'm wondering how will the AMD system handle the game? What type of graphics settings will I be running it on with decent framerates?

I know you probably get these threads all the time so any feedback is much appreciated.

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

you will be able to run the game pretty nicely on medium...if you want...you could invest into a 3870 which isnt that much more..and has much better performance :)

• d3moliti0nd3moliti0n Member Posts: 63
    Medium? I was kinda expecting High tbh...and I already have the 3850 as it got delivered this morning so I can't change the GPU now.

ya..eq2 has a bad graphics engine...people with high end rigs can only get 30fps on the highest graphics

• d3moliti0nd3moliti0n Member Posts: 63

Lol yeah I noticed the bad graphics engine, stopped me from playing the game tbh. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it more this time and not experience mind numbingly bad lag.

get a different hardrive for your games to get slightly better peroformance and to avoid hitching ( when game freezes to load) its cheap to get a new hdd :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

your experiences may vary

but when I upgraded from 1 gig RAM to 2 gig RAM  (back in 2004)

I saw a nice boost to graphic performance

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

You should be able to run fine on High Quality, i wouldnt go any higher than that.  If you do run it at high quality be sure to turn shadows off, maybe even flora too to get a performance boost.