Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I dont get you

Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

Dark and Light today is a good title , its better in than EQ2 , and the same state if not better than Vanguard. Every game released since 2001, has been in a beta state, with numberous bugs and problems.

DDO shipped with 40 hours of game play , LOTR took 3 weeks or less to reach cap. SWG cut 90% of content, had a crappy sandbox design and low player count for a while. Matrix Online shipped with 25 hours worth of content , Vanguard shipped in alpha , Shadowbane shipped with more bugs than motel 6.

You give these guys a bad rep because they lied or maybe only told half the truth? Look at the past , everyone has done that has made a massively online rpg. Hell I dont see any of you jumping on Sega for ruining the Matrix storyline , I dont see any of you bashing Square for shipping Wings in an major alpha state. I dont see how you cant give D&L a second chance or some breathing room to grow.

Where the hell where you guys when DDO shipped mostly incomplete?

Billing errors happen , look at Square if you disconnect for whatever reason mid month you get charged next month for 2 whole months. Codemasters has made billing errors too , Paypal makes errors daily when you cash the shop.

Yahoo Games , while not a mmorpg company , bill thier Gamers with a certain birthday 3 times in month and still havent fully refunded the extra. Thier appeals process takes months to solve.

Stolen code , reports of employees created content.. Hello , this happens everyday in the software business. Determining who, when and how the code was developed is totally one sided, nobody speaks the truth on stolen code or misused code.

Look at the history of Microsoft , look at the history of Lineage 2 , numberous examples of he said, she said in the business. Nobody but the players involved know anything for sure , and all them will lie. Its not good to take anyone's side.

Anyhow you should give the game a fair shake. Its not as bad people are saying , its got alot of good points.

Comments

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221

I tried it for a few days not long ago and it was better than I expected  but still way from fun for me. I am sure it will be ok for some, just not for me.

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

When this game first came out it was way to hard for most to play, Instead of running around and killing everything in sight, you had to use that thing setting on your shoulders. It was to bad most did not know and wondered why everything within 100' would attack or agro (same diff). The reason for that was explained 1000es of times. no sense going on ..........

• agh50agh50 Member Posts: 124

/ducks

• Originally posted by Azure77

Anyhow you should give the game a fair shake. Its not as bad people are saying , its got alot of good points.
      Ok, lets just for a moment assume you are correct, lets for the same moment pretend that the company did not lie to us but only told us half truths, (A half truth they told me was that I would get a map for pre-registering and paying up front).

Will you or even CAN you name me at least 15 good points, 15 is not a lot, you state it has a lot of good points so apart from the title please name them.

Here is another half truth for you to digest. Yesterday afternoon whilst out walking the cat, I found a large pile of rocking horse droppings. You can imagine my surprise when on closer examination I noticed that the said droppings had embedded in them some hens teeth.  I was surprised because for years I always thought that rocking horses were in fact vegetarian.

I guess life is just one long learning curve full of half truths.

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

Come on.... Vanguard and EQ2 are light years beyond DnL, they just have a LOT more stuff in, and a lot less bugs.

Edit. I want my map too (even if it's just to burn it and make a vid of it burning, i paid for it) !!! Such liars... hope they burn in the deepest abyss

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Azure77

Dark and Light today is a good title , its better in than EQ2 , and the same state if not better than Vanguard. Every game released since 2001, has been in a beta state, with numberous bugs and problems.
          DDO shipped with 40 hours of game play , LOTR took 3 weeks or less to reach cap. SWG cut 90% of content, had a crappy sandbox design and low player count for a while. Matrix Online shipped with 25 hours worth of content , Vanguard shipped in alpha , Shadowbane shipped with more bugs than motel 6.
           You give these guys a bad rep because they lied or maybe only told half the truth? Look at the past , everyone has done that has made a massively online rpg. Hell I dont see any of you jumping on Sega for ruining the Matrix storyline , I dont see any of you bashing Square for shipping Wings in an major alpha state. I dont see how you cant give D&L a second chance or some breathing room to grow.
          Where the hell where you guys when DDO shipped mostly incomplete?
           Billing errors happen , look at Square if you disconnect for whatever reason mid month you get charged next month for 2 whole months. Codemasters has made billing errors too , Paypal makes errors daily when you cash the shop.
          Yahoo Games , while not a mmorpg company , bill thier Gamers with a certain birthday 3 times in month and still havent fully refunded the extra. Thier appeals process takes months to solve.
              Stolen code , reports of employees created content.. Hello , this happens everyday in the software business. Determining who, when and how the code was developed is totally one sided, nobody speaks the truth on stolen code or misused code.
            Look at the history of Microsoft , look at the history of Lineage 2 , numberous examples of he said, she said in the business. Nobody but the players involved know anything for sure , and all them will lie. Its not good to take anyone's side.
    Muhahahahahaha you made me laught a lot.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460
    hahah your joking right...or do you work fo dnl :)
  • GiggetGigget Member Posts: 129

I have to agree, the game was horrible, and by judging from the DNL forums, it still is.  Seriously, the game was horrible and was no where near or even had 10% of what they promised it had.  I'd rather play Pong.

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

Yes, DnL had some great ideas. Unfortunately the game sucks, hasn't been patched in nearly a year, has fewer than a hundred people logging in on a regular basis, more broken and missing features than I could possibly name here, and they ripped off thousands of customers.

All I can say is I hope _Pix_'s lawsuit closes DnL down for good and I'm still waiting for my map , that will never come.

• carnalshadowcarnalshadow Member Posts: 9

There are some dark and light players trying to hype the game to bring people to it.

As you can see from the dark and light forums.

www.darkandlight.com/forum/showthread.php

Originally posted by carnalshadow

There are some dark and light players trying to hype the game to bring people to it.

I had to think twice before clicking that link... since they had trojans on their site like 6 month after the game was released...

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by naldric

I had to think twice before clicking that link... since they had trojans on their site like 6 month after the game was released...

Well , trojan? Are you loko?

Anyway , after tried PoTBS and ...what was his name .. oh yea .. "Martial Heroes" ( which i quited after 2 min ) I could give this one a try. It can't be so bad as MH :)

PS: I am downloading it right now and I will post my review later.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by IceAge

Originally posted by naldric

Anyway , after tried PoTBS and ...what was his name .. oh yea .. "Martial Heroes" ( which i quited after 2 min ) I could give this one a try. It can't be so bad as MH :)

I m not making this up, they had a virus/trojan in their website, like 3-6 month after release of their POS, i m just too lazy to go get the threads about that

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Anyone who actually thinks this game is worthwhile after all of the things I and others who were here from the beginning have brought to light about this game and its developers through the various threads in this forum section deserves whatever they get.

• GwendleGwendle Member UncommonPosts: 48

Save your review. It's already been done by professionals. Bottom line, the game blows.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

They committed credit card fraud on me, and charged me 69.98, a year after I stopped playing.

So no, I won't give them another chance

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Gonodar

Save your review. It's already been done by professionals. Bottom line, the game blows.

Well ..first :

1) Download = 45 min

2) Instaling , trying to play .. error about MSXML. I had it on my computer but anyway , i was reading some posts on DnL forum trying them and in the end I was able to play = after like 1 hour .

3) Joined the game .. oh well .. I have a 2.2 GHZ proc , 1GB Ram , Geforce 6600 GT LE . Neither with low ..very low specs I was not able to play avarage.

4) Hence , I spend like 10-15 mins in the game , trying to see what's all about , saw 2-3 players near me trying to help the newbies , killed 3-4 mobs.

Anyway , in the end I just can't write a real review.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

Originally posted by Zorvan

Anyone who actually thinks this game is worthwhile after all of the things I and others who were here from the beginning have brought to light about this game and its developers through the various threads in this forum section deserves whatever they get.

Pretty much sums it up. I mean if you do a random google search about that debacle I am pretty sure you could figure it out even without these forums but if not. I'll summarize it for you.

DnL sucks, no matter what type of gamer you are.

• Azure77Azure77 Member Posts: 355

1. The system has a robust summoning / pet system , with pets that are able to tank , have varies abilities and taming system which allows you to take 3 pets , find the ones that work for you.

2. Well design mount system , and mount controls. A large selection of flying , and ground  mounts. Last time I played Vanguard the flying mounts crashed me to desktop , or hung up the game.

3. Class system is very well done. You can move the points around , and sample each class , til 10 , at which point you sample a specialize line , then at 20  you specialize in a single class.

4. Crafting system , unlike EQ2 where you have to grind resources , in highly dangerous places , in DnL , you can buy the materials , and be a full crafter without having to mess with grinding resources. You can also move your points around.

5.  Weather is well done , rain , snow , lakes freezing over , in Eq2 you have to set the graphics and effects to low to keep from lagging from the weather effects.

6. Races are meanful , in most games (save for Lineage 2) races are just different models, in Eq2 by lvl 10 your race is nothing more than a different look , it has no impact on the game. In DnL stat growth , is determined by race , basic classes play different from race to race.

7. Fort system while incomplete , has some elements found in Shadowbane.

naldric this site has had numberous trojans too , so has Allazham , several of the wow sites. Its not hard to inject virus into web code. Hell even Lineage 2 official site had an issue with someone messing with thier code.

Anyhow , I ll leave to bash things because you got nothing better to do,

Originally posted by Azure77

1. The system has a robust summoning / pet system , with pets that are able to tank , have varies abilities and taming system which allows you to take 3 pets , find the ones that work for you.
       2. Well design mount system , and mount controls. A large selection of flying , and ground  mounts. Last time I played Vanguard the flying mounts crashed me to desktop , or hung up the game.
       3. Class system is very well done. You can move the points around , and sample each class , til 10 , at which point you sample a specialize line , then at 20  you specialize in a single class.
       4. Crafting system , unlike EQ2 where you have to grind resources , in highly dangerous places , in DnL , you can buy the materials , and be a full crafter without having to mess with grinding resources. You can also move your points around.
        5.  Weather is well done , rain , snow , lakes freezing over , in Eq2 you have to set the graphics and effects to low to keep from lagging from the weather effects.
        6. Races are meanful , in most games (save for Lineage 2) races are just different models, in Eq2 by lvl 10 your race is nothing more than a different look , it has no impact on the game. In DnL stat growth , is determined by race , basic classes play different from race to race.
        7. Fort system while incomplete , has some elements found in Shadowbane.

naldric this site has had numberous trojans too , so has Allazham , several of the wow sites. Its not hard to inject virus into web code. Hell even Lineage 2 official site had an issue with someone messing with thier code.
                  Anyhow , I ll leave to bash things because you got nothing better to do,

So please elucidate me as how you will explain that they still owe me a cloth map after what , 2 years, when they said it was in printing... It was in the preorder i made as a pioneer, and i received nothing, i sent emails to get my money back, but didnt receive any answer....

And i guess i m bashing because i got nothing else to do.... What about the other players who were charged 2 or 3 times , or even the whole lack of feature the game showed at release and still shows.... the Fort system was in the features when we preordered the game.... as a whole political system, well they even said the game had content... what a total lie.

Go praise your POS somewhere else, we know who you are and who you are working for.

And answering to the title of your post, you dont get us, because you werent stolen like we were.

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604

That says it all right there. Let them post thier bs about the pos game. Just shows what DNL and its players are like.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

Well from what  i read more people say not to vote than to vote and what is wrong with doing that anyway? You think it dont happen with every other game that is voted for on these forums? I myselfy have just started playing this game and dont mind it to be honest with you and it has one of the best community's in game that i have come across so for you to judge people by what game they play instead of not knowing what the person is like makes you a very simple and and very sad person so the game had a rocky start and still need some improvement but for gods sake get over it! Im not sure what happened to people in the past with being ripped off for a map or whatever else it was and i guess that is there problem to sought out and if you are one of these people then all i can say is bad luck im sorry for you but that still dont give you the right to judge those who play because they choose to like the game.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

The biggest problem with this game was/ is the performance.  It is coded horrible,  very poor frame rates no matter what rig you have. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Another month or so, and the game is history  anyway. Once the lawsuit is finished, so is DnL. and we can all finally say good-bye to the travesty.