Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The upcomming EU/NA beta

2»

Comments

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Global Server FTW ^_^ xD

I find asian players MUCH more patient and punctual than us Western players ;p (i blame it on the brew - after a few i loose track  )

"so.. ya ... which country you from again? forget it, let's go and have fun

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Asian players can be all patient and shiz, but they normally fill chat with their mambo jambo and that's rather annoying, they will have their own servers so I don't see why they should play with western players, in a successful game such as Aion wants to be, Asian players will mostly bring RMT and language we won't understand in general chat, nothing I can't live with.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Vepar123

I have played ffxi since NA realease and i have been in alot of JP and NA parties. The reason they put JP party only is cause unlike NA parties they don't waste time, when they xp they xp and i can understand that if i wanted to RP or do some other stupid shit like chitchat or throw insults and act like a bitch (which is the case in NA pty onry, have yet to see one in JP pty)

i would stay in Jeuno or log onto MSN.

It's simple they wan't to acomplish things when they log to play if they wanted to waste time on chatting they would log onto instant messanger or something.

On the other hand i really hope Aion has players all over the world playing.

I too was with FFXI since the PC release here in North America for FFXI. Continued to play for 5 years. In all those 5 years I only had maybe 10 good JP parties. My experience on my server was aweful with JPs. Dunno what server you were on... but on Fenrir... JP parties wasted my time more than anything.

So kudos to you if you had a better experience lol.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• Vepar123Vepar123 Member Posts: 2

I was on Caitsith, i don't play anymore tho, but like i said in my experience JP partyes that were random was much much better then NA ones, there were exceptions but overall it was JP > NA.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Man, you must have been reading another thread. No one is getting "hurt" over jp players not wanting to associate themselves with us, that was all a response to someone inquiring more info on the matter and people replied. I for one have met many ignorant players from all over, jp, french, eng. You name it, I have experienced it. Having said that, I too agree they have a valid reason why they dis-associate themselves, is this a good reason though? no not really in my opinion since I believe that limits your online experience though not by much but still I hate limitations. I am about to cancell my FFXI account after four years, I have 7 lvl 75 jobs, many friends that I'm leaving and a boat load of experience. Not to brag but I have had no time to feel hurt over who does not want to associate themselves much less to catch hurtful feelings. I honestly just wish it was not that way because the less experienced gamers I have found get discouraged by that.

Anyhow, enough of that. At this point I'm extremely eager to play Aion more now that they are trying to make the servers so diversed, more fun for everyone. Oh and mybe this is posted somewhere else but when will this release actually be? I'm hearing so many different dates. Last I heard it was late June early July? true or false?

• Ge0h0undGe0h0und Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Scripture1

Man, you must have been reading another thread. No one is getting "hurt" over jp players not wanting to associate themselves with us, that was all a response to someone inquiring more info on the matter and people replied. I for one have met many ignorant players from all over, jp, french, eng. You name it, I have experienced it. Having said that, I too agree they have a valid reason why they dis-associate themselves, is this a good reason though? no not really in my opinion since I believe that limits your online experience though not by much but still I hate limitations. I am about to cancell my FFXI account after four years, I have 7 lvl 75 jobs, many friends that I'm leaving and a boat load of experience. Not to brag but I have had no time to feel hurt over who does not want to associate themselves much less to catch hurtful feelings. I honestly just wish it was not that way because the less experienced gamers I have found get discouraged by that.
    Anyhow, enough of that. At this point I'm extremely eager to play Aion more now that they are trying to make the servers so diversed, more fun for everyone. Oh and mybe this is posted somewhere else but when will this release actually be? I'm hearing so many different dates. Last I heard it was late June early July? true or false?

I believe thats the scheduled release date for the Korean version. NA/EU will be around Q4 most likely.

• Ranma87Ranma87 Member Posts: 39
    It would be better if they just developed both versions at the same time. And I don't see how changing text really alters the structure of the game anyway.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Ranma87

It would be better if they just developed both versions at the same time. And I don't see how changing text really alters the structure of the game anyway.
    Check this out http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1890479

They are curently working on the translation into english :P

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• El_LionEl_Lion Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by OoInfiniteOo
    Suu141
    I dont mean to hijack the thread but can you elaborate more on your experiences of American players being avoided in general. I find that very interesting.

No really? I wonder how further this debate would have gone if your intention was to hijack the thread ;)

Eaglix

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

i have been on a few beta's. im not the most active bug reporter, but i do it when it comes up. I just like to get in early....im not hurting anyone. my guess is that the makers of a game want many types of players in a  beta, or maybe im dead wrong again