Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online: Team XGMR Wins Championship

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The United States Ragnarok Championship (USRC) held at Anime Expo over the past weekend was a great hit. Team XGMR has been crowned the winner of the USRC, as they swept the competition by winning the first four games of the seven series finals against team Denuo Convena.
Both teams are heading to Seoul, Korea to take part in the first Ragnarok Online World Championship, from July 17-July 18, 2004. They will meet challengers from 18 countries around the world.
Below is a press release with more information:

ARINA DEL REY, Calif. - July 8, 2004 - Team XGMR has been crowned the winner of the United States Ragnarok Championship (USRC), held at Anime Expo 2004. More than 700 fans showed up at the event. XGMR swept the competition, winning the first four games of the seven series finals against team Denuo Convena.

Both U.S. teams are heading to Seoul, Korea to take part in the first Ragnarok Online World Championship, from July 17 - July 18, 2004. The U.S. teams will meet challengers from 18 countries, including Brazil, China, Germany, Japan and South Korea. The world champion will receive a team prize of $10,000. A total of $64,000 will be awarded during the competition.

"The U.S. Ragnarok Championship has been a great success - strengthening our resolve to continue organizing e-sport competitions for our game in the future," Peter Kang, senior director, Gravity Interactive, said. "The response from our fans has also proved that Ragnarok is one of the most popular MMORPG games. We had hundreds of entrants from different age groups - one player in the finals is a woman in her 40s."

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

imageI am shocked that there are actually guilds in this game that aren't run by BOT programs.  This game is innundated with tons and tons of BOTs.  It's been my biggest peeve with this game since I started playing about a month ago.  I'm sure it might have started out as something great, but I musy honestly say, the hype over championships for this game aren't impressive to me at all.  A lot of the high level players use BOTs to attain their lvl 99 status that makes them strong enough to compete.  I am sick of this game, and I haven't even made it past the one month I paid for to play it.  I can't wait for a U.S. MMOG to come out with some players that actually have a smidge of integrity compared to this mess.

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

The bots still need someone to start up the bots ::::31::

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Hahahaha, you have a good point there!image

Still, honestly, the BOTs are just too much.  I end up having to overpull mobs to me just to make sure I stand a chance of getting some experience and maybe some loot, since I'm surrounded by BOTs, some that KS to boot.  If they need championships with cash prizes to pull in new customers... well, more power to them, but I'm out as soon as my subscription expires.  I've reported and taken screenshots and all that jazz, but it's a game, not day care, I shouldn't have to tattle on dozens of players because I'm surrounded by their lazy excuses for characters.  The saddest thing about them is they're so obvious.  They move in increments, they go through the same motions on the map over and over again, and they do some of the same actions over and over again.  You'd think any observant GM doing their job would see it right away, and pull them out of the game. That is... if they really wanted to stop them, instead of being complacent because they help pay the bills.  But is catering to these BOT using players going to end up driving honest players away? In my case, yes.