Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core 2 Duo, can't play GW.

kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

Need help/info if anyone else has fixed this problem. I installed a Core 2 Duo E4600 Allendale into my system and now Guild Wars will not run. It will attempt to launch and then a white error box opens, prompting me to send a report to Anet. If anyone has fixed a problem like this or similar with a core 2, your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Life is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it!

Comments

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    What operative system are you using?

What CPU did you have before?

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date when it comes to dual core support?

Is GW the only application that refuses to start?
  • kegboyiikegboyii Member Posts: 103

Windows Vista Home Premium.

Previous processor was 3.2GHz P4 HT

Guild Wars is the only app that will not run with the dual core.

Task Manager shows 2 processors running. NC support said that according to a report i sent, the core 2 is running at 111 C! My mother board reports no more than 30-33C. If my Core 2 Duo were running at 111, the system would have shut down well before then.

• PassifestPassifest Member Posts: 5

Probably a stupid question but my core 2 duo runs fine. Is your motherboard able to handle the chip?

I'll try updating the BIOS once i get an external floppy drive. What's strange is that the only app my new processor refuses to run is Guild Wars. Another odd thing is Everest reports my CPU temp to be 111C whereas my BIOS is reporting 29-30C. The result is the same for my P4 that will run Guild Wars. Everest is reporting my P4 running at 101C right now no matter what i have the CPU do.

• endlesoneendlesone Member Posts: 109

uhm just a guess maybe your core 2 duo is overclocked thats whats causing your error something like this happened to one of my guildies with guild wars as well when he bought a new core2 duo pc

Upgrading the BIOS may fix the problem. After some digging, it seems that my mobo supports all but the Core 2 Duo version i installed! -_- I will upgrade the BIOS anyway, maybe i will get lucky. If not, then i just bought the core 2 for basically nothing.

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

Still wondering why you're not using Core 2 Quad E6600.  It's like THE best deal right now.

Motherboard doesn't support it. I found that my mother board supports just about any Core 2 Duo OTHER than the one i installed, yet i can run my system and everything else with it; I just can't run GW!

• asasenpaiasasenpai Member Posts: 124

My Core 2 Duo can play Guild Wars, if you need help on how to play Guild Wars on your Core 2 Duo PM me.

By some weird miracle, GW plays now after reinstalling the OS. It worked with Win XP then i reinstalled Vista and had no problems. I believe i am good to go now!