Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IKARIAM

Browser game, graphics look like 'settlers', gameplay a bit like the boardgame 'siedlers von katan'.

The game looks good but after playing 2 days i have no idea if it will be fun at long terms.

Any commends about this game plz?

Comments

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

well look for yourself...its nice for inbetween if ur at your work behind a pc with internet u still can click and command ur hometown or one of ur colonies in some seconds.

• rovorovo Member Posts: 20

lolwut?

I cant even pronounce that name. Explain a little bit about the game please? Level based? Gear based? Skill Based? PvP/PvE?

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

Strategic webbrowser game...pvp able; between single players through armies and fleets and with alliances as well.

Developing goes through an academy  and the level of technology in your city and colonies is depending on it. You can develope in 'seafaring, economy, science and militairy'.

Everything is depending on 5 resources; wood, wine, marble, crystal glass en sulphur.

You start on an isle where u can cut wood and gather one of the unique resources of that isle (i already listed).

So u need trade with other people that are on other isles that  have the resources u dont have on ur own isle.

I've ur able to build colonies then u can become selfsufficient.

If ur city or colony grows u will become more gold. Growt of city/colony is depending on the happyness.

U can boost the happyness with building taverns but then u also need wine in stock.

Zzzzzz...google for the rest...its a pretty funny game for a webbrowser one...better then tribalwars.

I hope the game becomes a less more German and switch to English. The game itself is almost 100% in English but the forum is most German.

Hf

• teabellyteabelly Member UncommonPosts: 3

I started playing this a few weeks ago.  It reminds me of Caesar or Civilisation

It is still in the beta stages but  there's about 6 servers at the moment and they keep opening new ones about every 5 days.  Unfortunatly, quite a few things dont work that (IMO) are essential to a game that promotes team play through Alliances.  The biggest problem at the moment is that if you send troops or fleets to an allies town to "assist" them, they all start fighting each other as Military pacts arent implemented yet (good fun tho)!

With regards to the previous comments about the Forum/Boards, one of the biggest rules is that all posts are in English, and i have seen people banned for using any other language.

It's by the company that makes OGame, i've never played that before but through Ikariam.org, i am tempted to have a punt at it, as so many players say that it very similiar.

Also its free!

However, if you do decide to play, please, please, please do not call your town or alliance SPARTA!                            

• dnicu26dnicu26 Member Posts: 1

I'm on the Gamma server username: crystak.

Anyone else who plays Ikariam on that server? Maybe we can exchange some resources.

• stickmstickm Member Posts: 219

i play on beta.

i have 4 towns so far... issue is, i dont see a point to the game. there is no use for armies because you cant kill people or take their towns

• teabellyteabelly Member UncommonPosts: 3

please accept my sincere apologies if you took any attention to my previous post & actually started playing Ikariam. 

Not only is it in the beta stages with more bugs than Microsofts Vista,.......

Not only do they release a New Version 0.2.0  that doesnt fix any of the previous bugs but even comes with shiney new never seen before bugs.......

Not only does the New Version 0.2.0 still not implement 20% of the features........

Not only does the New Version 0.2.0 set all the existing players back with no way to catch up due to the new Action Point rule....

Not only do the Forum Mods close down any threads that complain or offer suggestions about todays New Version 0.2.0.....

Not only do GO's come into the forum & post  "if you dont like it...dont play.."

Not  only have over 700 people claimed to have quit because of this, and the New Version 0.2.0 was only launched 6hrs ago.....

BUT....

they have also launched Premium Features!!!!! 

wtf... pay to play a bugged beta with the rudest customer service i have ever been embarrassed to witness!

GAMEFORGE... i will always remember your name.  Thank you for making me run away screaming from Web Based Browser Games and realise that i belong in proper grown up world of MMORPGs.

• pamkhatpamkhat Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 39

Well, I've written the game off since my boyfriend and I got banned for multi-accounting.  Which we weren't, they were counting each of our accounts as being ran by one person because we use a router.  We each had one account, but they can't investiage enough to figure out we were two people.  (We were on at the same time, things like that...)  HA.

Yeah, there wasn't really a point to the game, but it was something to do if you were bored at work, possibly.  But BEWARE because they won't listen to you about anything, you'll just get banned even if you're following the rules.

Oh yeah, the ban is for, like, a year.  XD

I write things for the Examiner as the MMO Examiner.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by teabelly

Not only is it in the beta stages with more bugs than Microsofts Vista,.......

More bugs than Vista? Is that physically possible ???

GAMEFORGE... i will always remember your name.  Thank you for making me run away screaming from Web Based Browser Games and realise that i belong in proper grown up world of MMORPGs.

There are good BBG's out there, you just need to work hard to find one.

Maybe try Tribal Wars... no bugs, hard-core, tons of other people to "noble" aka kill off.

>>>>> http://www.tribalwars.net/