Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PREPARE for disappointment: First screens of Red Faction 3 (PC, PS3, X360)

methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

What's your Wu Name?
Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
"Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
<i>ME<i>

Comments

• KaiphasKaiphas Member Posts: 59

I loved the old red factions. Hopefully this one will have the digging thing in it.

If you don't like it, don't play it.
    800 million subscribers cannot lie

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

I usually dont comment on a games graphics or take them into consideration, but....that looks like shit. And WTF is the deal with the flamboyent guy wielding a hammer? Is this Warhammer 40,000 now?

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Seems like the guy with the hammer already got shot in his side, and he still presist to try to hit the guy....that makes for good photo caption.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Seems like the guy with the hammer already got shot in his side, and he still presist to try to hit the guy....that makes for good photo caption.

I just noticed that, a shot has gone clean through his ribs and out the other side, and he is apparently immune to pain.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I'm not a fan of the next gen graphics anyhow.

The newwest games all seem to have this cheap feel to them even though "they look good" .  I liked games when they looked like games, now we're getting these new wave (should be on a pc) graphics on the consoles and I must say, they all look fugly.

Originally posted by Astropuyo
    I'm not a fan of the next gen graphics anyhow.
    The newwest games all seem to have this cheap feel to them even though "they look good" .  I liked games when they looked like games, now we're getting these new wave (should be on a pc) graphics on the consoles and I must say, they all look fugly.

The models have that "wax museum" look to them, and their actions are almost rubbery.

— Boba Fett

• JrodJrod Member Posts: 234

Damn shame Red Factions 2 was one of the better  single player shootesr to date imo. Hopefully this is early devolepment. When is release?

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

i loved the first red faction. the second, however, was total garbage, in my opinion. it turned out having some lame ass political power tripping bullshit in it, and then your old comrades ended up having super powers of some sort, and the combat in there was pretty lame. i did enjoy the body parts being blown to pieces after a direct hit with the rocket launcher.

i'm not really looking forward to the third installment. the second one left a horrible impression on where the game series was heading.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Interesting...the screencaps in Gameinformer don't look nearly this bad...maybe the magazine just used the screens that didn't look like poopy.

Not that I care, i've never had any interest in Red Faction.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• greenstumpsgreenstumps Member Posts: 250

I'm gonna have to call fake cause that looks like a 1996 cg video or sumthing lol.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Having played both Red Faction and Red Faction 2, I fail to see how anyone is going to be disappointed by Red Faction 3.

It's mediocrity is assured.

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

IMHO, supporters of both Red Faction and Red faction 2 will surely not be disappointed no matter how bad the graphics will be.they already love the game.