Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG is getting so slow...

ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

MMORPG is getting so slow it's almost impossible to pop on without having to go & make a cup of tea

whilst waiting for it to load up

Im on 25mb cable too god help anyone below 25mb (especially BT 1mb - 4mb crap) LOL

It's like 56k all over again visting MMORPG over the past 6 months

Come on guys sort it out!

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Played:
SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

Comments

• foliotfoliot Member Posts: 88

Im on 10 mbps internet and I have no problems with performance.

• AczeroAczero Member Posts: 248

10mbit broadband connection and no problems

Edit: Maybe it's because I block ads, banners and javascript

• diabolicdiabolic Member UncommonPosts: 28

The website is filled with too many scripts, ads, and pictures.

It takes less than 1 second for any page on mmorpg  to load up for me, but I just built a new rig. If you have a week connection,  are running through a shitty router, or just don't have a computer with enough power, you're gonna see some performance issues on this website....

Might be time for an upgrade or some adjustments.,

If you have a good computer and a clean connection, there isn't much of a reason why everything would load slow..

The main page does have the huge annoying background, which can make browswers hang. Maybe try switching to Firefox from IE or from IE to Firefox to see which your system likes best.

Also, if your router has SPI enabled, you can disable it for MUCH smoother browsing.

RIght now I have 1500 connections open because I'm torrenting, and every page on this website still loads within a second.

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

mmm Lol at everyone who sed to upgrade since i have a £3000+ rig & im on 25mb fibreoptic cable,

Im using firefox & i have a very good router.

The problem is INCREASED load of spam, script, pics & ads on the site, once ur on it aint to bad

I speak to so many ppl in teamspeak who have all complained of the same issues so it aint just me,

ppl of all rig specs & net speeds & various ISP's

Pointless discussing it if smarearse ppl come on & chat...

'meh upgrade ur rig'  or 'meh i have no probs'   It's just complete bollocks imo

I been using this site with various accounts for over 3 years now & i know its just been terrible

the past few months, its just got worse over time

Theres not ONE single site ANYWHERE on the web that takes more than a SINGLE second to load

other than this one, so it aint a coincidence nor is it a performance issue of my rig or ISP

neway fu*k it cba nemore

Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• afroburzingafroburzing Member Posts: 71

adblock

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/ads/

=win pretty much..

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

aye im gonna try blocking out some of the sh*te of this site

cheers finally a helpful post without a snobbish PC comment etc

Played:

No one was trying to be snobish. We were just giving recommendations to help as you are experiencing problems and we aren't.

I can't help that this website runs great for me.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

This thread has derailed - locking :)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

This discussion has been closed.