Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Frost mage ?

LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

http://www.stage6.com/Aion-Forum-Zen/video/1955838/PVP-asmodiens

Looks like an asmodian frost mage casting frostbolt, frost nova, frost based fireblast and ice lance. For some reason it feels kinda WoW-ish.

Comments

• yangshen9yangshen9 Member Posts: 3

The game is based on WoW + Lineage2.

So, yeah it should have some relations to WoW.

• zarzuzarzu Member Posts: 126

can we please get more ignorant "wow was the first mmorpg and everyone else is copying it"-comments in here?

they crack me up.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

The mages of Aion have a multitude of skills and abilities. They are not limited to single elemental schools such as in Guild Wars and many other mmo's. Aion is more like FFXI in the concern of elemental skills. Black Mages are masters of all the elements and can call on whichever they need to deal the most damage.

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• oakaeoakae Member UncommonPosts: 344

Originally posted by yangshen9

That is absurd. Everyone knows Aion is WoW with an anime skin over it.
  • DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
    Originally posted by oakae

Not , i'f it was a WoW clone it would have Elves , Dwarves, Gnomes  Ec with crappy character grafix and pointless PvP system and it would lose most of its Asian player base.

• SuttonianSuttonian Member UncommonPosts: 65

The graphics are similar to Lineage 2's - the characters have fairly realistic proportions, I wouldn't call it anime.
    Apart from the graphics Aion will take some other things from Lineage II such as losing exp when you die (but I admit it seems a lot more like WOW generally).
  • zarzuzarzu Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Suttonian (but I admit it seems a lot more like WOW generally).

care to elaborate?

• SuttonianSuttonian Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Sure.

Generally Lineage 2 is hardcore, it takes a very long time to level up, it's hard to get good gear, anyone can kill you at anytime (apart from when in cities) and unless you have very specific groups it's very hard to take down any raid boss. I think it's a hard game to get into if you are a new player, perhaps NC learnt from this and tried to make their next big fantasy mmo fun right from the start.

Things that Aion and WOW have in common (and things Lineage II does not have)

* There are factions and you don't PVP with people of your own race (unless a duel)

* Combat is fairly mobile, you'll be strafing and running around your opponents.

* You can jump.

* There's instances

* Flight paths

* Relatively easy to gain levels
  • suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

The only similarities I see between WoW and Aion is that they're both world RvR and has BG(s), otherwise they're nothing alike. WoW fails in world RvR, Blizzard didn't anticipate the majority choosing Alliance, causing a major imbalance, now players are wasting away in tiny confined BGs to PvP. Aion on the other hand, is PvPvE centered in one enormous BG where massive raids will take place, Lineage2 style, with GM/server controlled Dragons hindering players to make it a little more interesting.

Mm hmm right, definitely a WoW clone. Next thing you'll see is Orcs and Elves with wings battling it out in the sky.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118

Originally posted by Suttonian

Sure. Generally Lineage 2 is hardcore, it takes a very long time to level up, it's hard to get good gear, anyone can kill you at anytime (apart from when in cities) and unless you have very specific groups it's very hard to take down any raid boss. I think it's a hard game to get into if you are a new player, perhaps NC learnt from this and tried to make their next big fantasy mmo fun right from the start. Things that Aion and WOW have in common (and things Lineage II does not have) * There are factions and you don't PVP with people of your own race (unless a duel) * Combat is fairly mobile, you'll be strafing and running around your opponents. * You can jump. * There's instances * Flight paths * Relatively easy to gain levels
    I would like to think that we have been quite vocal about the fact that we're bringing Aion down another alley than Lineage II. :)

Lineage II has it's audience, and it's not necessarily the exact same one that is being primarily targeted with Aion. Aion will let you join in on the "good stuff" early and will help players to play casually if that is their preference. I mentioned a few things about the casual mechanisms in this post, quite a while ago.

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

I <3 it when you post Ayase ^^

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.