Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Devs manage to ruin the best pvp game around....

SmurfFurySmurfFury Member Posts: 14

I loved the idea of fury ever since I heard about it. Even the changes with AotC whihc i dindt really like I delt with and got used to since fury was still by far the best pvp game around.
However I cannot understand what the hell the devs are doing at the moment. They took the forums down 2 months ago to update them (our only form of contact with them as well as a great place for noobs to read about and get into the game).
Since the forums went down there has been one very very small patch to alter some procs (which werent explained at all, even in the patch notes.........only a certain amount of dmg procs can be on you at a certain time, how many???).
In 2 months it seems this is all the fury team have accomplished, with the lack of forums and lack of feedback in any form they have managed to destroy what was alrdy a small playerbase to begin with. AotC was promising as it brought it alot of new players but really how long do u think they are gonna stick around when it feel like the dev team is none existant and they are just waiting for the game to die?
GG fury, way to waste all your investors money

Comments

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

Ya, in a way, you are definietly right... At the time of AoTC fury was getting lots of new people in and playing the game. That was the time they should have been continously releasing their ideas to the public on the future of the game so the people that just joined could see a reason to stick with the game long term.

However, the fact that it is still the best PVP game makes it worthwhile to stick with the game until we find out what is really going on.

• MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

Nothings going on, forums down, support tickets never get answered. 

Knights of Darkness

Undefeated in Guild Wars Pre-CU SWG, Corbantis Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild CoH/CoV, Pinnacle Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild Fury, Hadralas Server

• SmurfFurySmurfFury Member Posts: 14

LoL love your sig Mojawk

But the lack of any feedback has destroyed this game, such a shame. I really do hope someone buys it out and rereleases it maybe. I wouldnt mind losing everything as long as the playerbase was high again.

Smurf Formed Rank 1 Player in Fury

• MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

Dude, we gave them no end of feedback,

1) Remove procs

2) Remove camping / vortex abuse

3) Reduce pointless skills

4) BALANCE the damn game.

They choose not to listen :S

And yeah, my kinda proud of what this guild has done :P Long may it continue.

Knights of Darkness

• DarkenedDarkened Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by MoJawK

Dude, we gave them no end of feedback,
    1) Remove procs
    2) Remove camping / vortex abuse
    3) Reduce pointless skills
    4) BALANCE the damn game.
    They choose not to listen :S

Exactly, they chose NOT to do what needed to be done - the players went almost entirely ignored.

Originally posted by Brone87
    However, the fact that it is still the best PVP game makes it worthwhile to stick with the game until we find out what is really going on.  

ROFL, "best" is a rather subjective term, and I have to disagree entirely, Fury has been reduced to a steaming pile of crap, at one time it was fun and had potential to be great, now, not so much.
    I mean lets get real, forums have been down for how long now? yet they still send staff over to the good old mmorpg.com forums to assure the existing players that "something is coming...eventually".

Thats one aspect Auran always remained consistent in through this whole thing, sending staff to these forums to spread fabrications and propoganda relating to there failing title, in half hearted efforts to bolster sales and support for the overall game.

They failed, and its easy to see why.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think the problem is that there weren't enough players period.

So who cares what those players say? You have to have a minimum amount of players to have the money to keep the game going, keep your devs paid, etc.

And given what has happened to Fury post launch, I highly doubt they got that minimum number.

Their thought process, in my opinion:

1) People like PvP

2) People don't like ganking/griefing open world PvP

3) People like fast paced action / no wait times

4) Let's make Unreal Tournament, but swords&sorcery

After launch...

1) Crap

2) Failed

3) "You're fired!"

4) Server's shut down

Best PvP game around? I think you'll find a great many people who disagree with you there, and considering the state of Fury at the moment, I doubt you'll be able to convince anyone that Fury is anything but a steaming pile.

• SmurfFurySmurfFury Member Posts: 14

I mean feedback from them....

Its been 2 months now and ive heard nothing from the dev team, other than a small patch that had 1 line of expanation for a pretty big change in armor procs.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

lol ... the more I read these posts, the more it makes me giggle how much time people actually waste on posting these 'death to Fury' threads.

Bottom line... the servers have NOT shut down, the game is still up and will continue to do so until something official is announced. Thats all that matters to me personally. Until then, if you enjoy it, keep playing to your hearts content. If not, I'm sure there are other games you can spend your time and energy on, other than waste it on a game you will never play again. Simple enough n'est ce pas?