Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holic Online

Holic Online is a MMORPG created by Netgame, the people of Netgames already created some succesfull MMORPGs like Scions Of Fate, Hero Online & Ares. 

Holic Online is currently in its OB phase, the OB began on 17 february.  Before the OB there was an CB. All characters of the CB where sweeped away, so you wont find extremly high levels yet. The graphical style of the game reminds me of Ragnarok Online, but with the slight difference that Holic Online is 3D. This means the characters got huge eyes, oversized weapons and monsters look really cute.

In Holic Online you're able to choose from 2 races. The Human race called Seneke and the Squirrel-meets-Human race called Koshare.  In the beginning you can create a character and you can choose of 5 classes: Monk, Priest, Warrior, Rogue & Mage. When you turn into lvl 10 you're able to choose your second proffesion. With a push on a button you can choose between your 2 proffesions, this ability gives a whole new dimension to your gameplay. By exemple you can you the buffs of your secondairy character to make your primairy character even stronger

In Holic online you can have some pets. There are 2 different sorts of creatures: the pet that fights on your side and the mount that you can use to transport you pretty fast. I don't really know alot about these pets, I've only saw 3 different sorts of fighting pets and 4 sorts of mount.  2 of those mount pets you had to buy in their cash shop. That's right this game got a cash shop. You can buy alot of great things in there, but not really things that will help you lvl faster in the game, so don't worry if you don't like to pay for your MMORPG

Another cool function of Holic Online are the UserCreatedQuests and the UserCreatedDungeons. With this option players can create their own quests and dungeon, this is, I think, never shown in a MMORPG before, although these functions are still not what they should be.

Conclusion: If you like a mangastyled game and don't mind alot of grinding then this is the game for you. If you join me on Holic Online add me: phatpete!

Holic Official Site

Gameplay Video

Comments

• abistarabistar Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by phatpetey

Holic Online is a MMORPG created by Netgame, the people of Netgames already created some succesfull MMORPGs like Scions Of Fate, Hero Online & Ares. 

Holic Online is currently in its OB phase, the OB began on 17 february.  Before the OB there was an CB. All characters of the CB where sweeped away, so you wont find extremly high levels yet. The graphical style of the game reminds me of Ragnarok Online, but with the slight difference that Holic Online is 3D. This means the characters got huge eyes, oversized weapons and monsters look really cute.

In Holic Online you're able to choose from 2 races. The Human race called Seneke and the Squirrel-meets-Human race called Koshare.  In the beginning you can create a character and you can choose of 5 classes: Monk, Priest, Warrior, Rogue & Mage. When you turn into lvl 10 you're able to choose your second proffesion. With a push on a button you can choose between your 2 proffesions, this ability gives a whole new dimension to your gameplay. By exemple you can you the buffs of your secondairy character to make your primairy character even stronger

In Holic online you can have some pets. There are 2 different sorts of creatures: the pet that fights on your side and the mount that you can use to transport you pretty fast. I don't really know alot about these pets, I've only saw 3 different sorts of fighting pets and 2 sorts of mount.

Another cool function of Holic Online are the UserCreatedQuests and the UserCreatedDungeons. With this option players can create their own quests and dungeon, this is, I think, never shown in a MMORPG before. 

Conclusion: If you like a mangastyled game and don't mind alot of grinding then this is the game for you. If you join me on Holic Online add me: phatpete!

Holic Official Site
    Gameplay Video

loving every  minute of this game!

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

Yeah me too, what's your ID then i'll add you to my friendslist! Mine is phatpete

• crazyass223crazyass223 Member Posts: 15

Thank you for the detailed review on this one! Sounds good. About to check it out now. Kind of into these games now. Thanks to my girlfriend and my friend GM. first it was Ragnarok online, and then their were a few here and their, though DoMo has been one game I been playing.

-Joshua

• mystery2122mystery2122 Member Posts: 53

i hav to lol at the video xD

Why were you lol'ing at my video, it took me quiet alot of time to make this video. It contains some major options of Holic Online!

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

LOL.....do people actually play games like this?  Get a paper route so you can afford to pay to play a game....

Awesome video though.  That made me laugh!

The movies was good. Don't bother with people who do not see potential in other games. To be honest I played almost every payable game. Their is a few. Like Lord of the Rings online. Each game that I played and payed for never was any more good. Yes they had some differences, a bit of different in each one. Though paying for a game doesn't exactly make it a better game. Yeah you fund the game more better, even so their isn't games like some free games. So in my opinion and many others, Paying or not. It doesn't change the game, given your game style. I play this game, and I like it. :)

-Joshua

• EremittEremitt Member Posts: 7

Japanese anime make me throw up a little in my mouth.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

I started playing Holic yesterday and I will be uninstalling it today.

First off, registering to play was an ordeal. When you do the typical sign up you have to wait an hour for them to send the confirmation e-mail. Also, the confirmation code is like 30 characters long and has to be input by hand(no copy and paste).

Second, you have to go to their website, log in their and then you can start the game.

This game has some horrible Engrish. But not just Engrish, glitches in the text.

The one unique aspect to the ganeplay is only mildly interesting. At level 10 you unlock "Class Revolving", which allows to instantly change your class. Unfortunately, the benefits to this is minor at best. Because the cooldown for the Class Revolving is 1 minute the only thing you can do is apply all your buffs from secondary class(almost all self buffs last 20 minutes) then switch back to your main class.

There's also some system that allows you to do something extra when you use attack skills but thats group based and the grouping in this game is probably the worst I have ever seen.

Why? Because their are massive exp penalties while grouped. You'll be lucky to get 25% of the exp the mob would normally give even if you do most of the damage. If you don't do most of the damage you'll get like 5%.

There is a pet system and the pets will help you kill but when you kill something with your pet you split the exp. So, don't even bother.

As for what's good. The graphics are pretty good. Everything has very good texture mapping and it runs smoothly.

Things like combat and grouping may be more interesting at higher levels but good luck getting there. Getting to level 10 will take no time at all but the exp requirements after level 10 nearly double and after level 20 is when the grind really starts to kick in.

@Xiaoki

About the sign up, wasn't a hassle for me, also I was able to copy and paste, possibly browser of yours, or even the scripting of the site at the moment was messed up.

I got the email instantly, certani email providers are slow, also not only can it be the games hosting site thats slow, but also the email providers.

I agree on everything else, the time ti takes to switch is not something I could put into a battle strategic action plan. Something only for an optional choice.

I tried the game, played it, but for my likes, not my kind of game.

Need more complex games noawdays. They are all too easy, or too simple.

-Joshua

• phc_docphc_doc Member Posts: 132

I found the registration/account log-in to be somewhat of a hassle too.  Also, I got a minor virus from the dowload, easy to get rid of, but the fact that it was there is pretty lame.

A virus? Hmm I downloaded each mirror, I did not find a single virus. You getting it from an official source?

Hmm I do not like the game, but to say rubbish or misinterpret things is kind of sad.

-Joshua

LOL !!!

Their is no virus on the download xD

• komary87komary87 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Yeah AVG detected a virus during installation too. I downloading my Client from fileplanet.

rec time="2008/05/10 03:26:03" user="House" source="Virus">

<value>@HL_ReportFindRS<;/value>

<attr name="filename">C:mGameHolicUSAXTrapXTrapVa.dll</attr>

<attr name="finding">@EID_Id_trj<;/attr>

<attr name="virusname">BackDoor.Agent.QRD</attr>

anyone have any clue as to what tha t is?

• GazenthiaGazenthia Member Posts: 1,186

That video was worse than I was expecting. Rappelz looks about ten times better, and it is another free-to-play mmo. This was just... just... how do these games get made?

OP, this was not an insult on your recording ability by the way. You did fine. I'm just talking about how the game itself looks.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/13/

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

This is a forum for a different game then you are posting, SystemHolic Online Rohan was changed to Rohan Online and looks and feels nothing like what you posted. The art in Rohan Online is Lineage II like..here is the screenshot of the real game.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Holic looks like a rip-off from Ragnarok Online 2.

Nothing really new except the pets i guess. Though my bets are that Ro2 will be much more playable :p

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon