Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have a 70, you should be able to create a lvl 40-50.

2»

Comments

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

I think someone else said it, but you will get your wish (kinda) when the expansion hits.  If you do the quests and hit 80, you unlock a Death Knight that will start off at 50-60'ish (still in the air). 

I have multiple WoW accounts and a few 70's.  I'd love to be able to start a new toon at an advanced level, honestly.  It should be the player's decision, because it is a trade off, really.  If I don't mind skipping the lowbie WSG/AB's or the lowbie instances... then why not?  I would have been through them at least once already and after that... it's all 'repeated content'. 

Sure, I see some possible issues here.. I do.  And I'm thankful that the 30-60 grind has been given a boost.  But really, if it's not a lvl 19 twink or 29 twink... any other level than 70 simply doesn't do anything for me.  If I can shorten that grind from lvl x -70... I'm all for it.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Personally...I think you are just tired of WoW bub

Removing the "grind" (which is a joke of a term to call this...because this game has better leveling than some console single players games) removes the game.  If you jump to 70 in a new character....then you will get tired of it VERY fast.  It does nothing for you to have it.  Trust me, I've had a game where such could happen.  It gets boring...FAST.

Stop whining about the leveling and just quit.  Seriously, you are suffering from burnout...it happens to everyone.  We don't whine about it...we just cancel for a few months and return when we feel like playing again.  The sooner you learn to accept this the sooner you can get on with your life.  You are wasting time here complaining about NOTHING.  Just take a god-forsaken break like everyone else does from MMO's.

The day they add level skips to normal play....is the day they kill the game for new players.  A week later, it will die for old players as well.  Being able to experience everything instantly destroys the game, whether any of you want to admit that or not.  Since I've actually PLAYED a game that had this...I know.  I notice you all have NOT played such games, hence the reason you foolishly suggest this feature.  You are wrong.  It has been proven.

Nothing to see here.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Interesting idea if you have multiple level 70's I'd say(like 5 maybe).

Anyway, that aside there is a BIG problem with starting a new because you have to solo all the way because of few people adventuring in those levels, and few people actually grouping. Its a shame nothing is done about this.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Random quest grouping in Azeroth is pretty rare these days. Of course, I remember having to drop a lot of quests because I couldn't find anyone to help me 2 years ago as well.

If Blizzard want to reward veteran players on alts then they should let us get a normal mount at level 20, epic mount at level 40 and a normal flying mount at level 60.

I've been playing a Paladin lately and levels 1 to 20 was fine but 20 to 40 was a mind numbing chore. Why? Walking long distances everywhere sucks.

I have 8 characters and none of them are below level 40. The only way I'll make another level 1 character is if new races are introduced. And even then I will probably just play them to do their starter zone quests then delete.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Sounds to me like WoW doesnt have enough content to keep you interested on your way to the "end game".

I played EQ from release for 5 years. I had a L50 enchanter as my main at the end of those 5 years with a few low level alts to mess around with from time to time. I never made the end game or did a raid in my career with EQ.

I never had to.

There was always a new zone to explore or hunt. There was always a new dungeon to quest or a band of orcs to squash. The lore was rich and the people were fun and friendly. It made for a grea game experience. It doesnt seem you guys have that in WoW.

The more I read about it, the less I would play this game... Especially after reading this post. I was worried that this game was more about raids and end game than the process of exploration and friendship leading to that.

Guess I was right.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Seriously Pust082,

Dont take a ranter's post for truth. If you just use this one gripe and then say you won't play WoW based on it, youll do yourself a big disservice.

I used to listen to "dont play WoW, it sucks" its this/that and the other posts. But you know what? I finally got tired of MMO delays, MMOs failing, content in a lot of the others lacking that I said.. what the heck.

And you know what? I was pleasantly surprised. It was nothing like the "vets" post. Those ones that post that are reaching the end of the natural MMO lifecycle that happens to everyone that plays one.. burnout. They had a lot of fun along the way, but can't remember any of it because like the OP, it turned into "I want to get more loot".

WoW doesnt force you to raid.. You choose that on your own. No way that guy played enough Horde characters and Alliance characters to be bored. He burned out because he probably did Mage to 70 as fast as he could.. then the chasing gear burned him. And now, he wants a leap-frog to do.. gasp, MORE raiding. Not to mention, he wants to be a Pally but wont even learn how to use all the spells properly, but wants to go raiding with it. Its not like playing Mage to 70 prepares you to be a Paladin.

Good thing they dont let morons start at 50, then you go in a dungeon with them and they wipe you all out.

Try WoW.. you can pick up the treasure chest with the BC expansion, two Brady guides for under $50. And you know what?

You just might like it.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

If you already have gone through it 6 times and have level 70 character(s) why would you want to do it again?

My guess (and this is NOT a flame) is that you want to try PvP and/or PvE as a different class.

I know, it happens. A friend of mine who was an uber Tank got so sick of tanking responsibilities that he rolled a Rogue, and after his Rogue hit 70 I don't think he ever touched his Tank again 

I do understand the desire..

I got burned out in the end-game Raiding so I started leveling up another toon, then I realized that I was only leveling towards the same end-game Raiding. WoW had lost it's "magic."

Sounds to me like you did a good thing by cancelling your sub.

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598

Originally posted by heerobya

If you already have gone through it 6 times and have level 70 character(s) why would you want to do it again?
    My guess (and this is NOT a flame) is that you want to try PvP and/or PvE as a different class.
    I know, it happens. A friend of mine who was an uber Tank got so sick of tanking responsibilities that he rolled a Rogue, and after his Rogue hit 70 I don't think he ever touched his Tank again 
    I do understand the desire..
    I got burned out in the end-game Raiding so I started leveling up another toon, then I realized that I was only leveling towards the same end-game Raiding. WoW had lost it's "magic."
    Yes I would like to see the back end of the game from a new perspective, or at least, a new role.

That entertains me.

The "work" to get there defeats my desire to get there.

And yes, I know I burned out on WoW, did so months ago, I await WAR and if it's half as enjoyable as I think it will be... I won't regret never setting foot in the new XPAC setting.

Always change your signature.

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by heerobya

Took me 4 level 60's before I came to that conclusion and cancelled.

AS mentioned by others, DAOC did try this tactic, and I think most folks would agree it was a failed experiment. Totally killed off low level grouping which meant new players found no reason to stick around.  When classic servers were released they did away with this and you never hear anyone on the classic servers wishing for its return.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• r0hnr0hn Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by MrVicchio

Yeah, you heard me.  Just like DAoC where is you have a 50 you can "level" a toon to I believe it's 20, Blizz should follow suit.

There are many reasons why nobody plays DAOC anymore and this is one of them.

Mythic killed the game for new players by implementing this idea.  It's one of the biggest blunders in MMO history. 

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Was a nice thing for DAoC to have the insta level.....put u right in action and let u get a feel for cahracter...after u put some time in on antoher...wish others considered.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by MrVicchio

As for the "New players have no one.. dude, I ignore the newbies... who actually goes and groups with them?

<sarcasm>

Ahhh...

Always refreshing to see when someone hasn't lost touch with where they started. 

A breath of fresh air I tell ya.

</sarcasm>

If you were one of those "newbies"... I'll bet you wouldn't appreciate that attitude, nor support that suggestion.

Also... couldn't help but notice how you dismiss how your suggestion could affect new players because you "ignore" and, apparently, couldn't care less about them - yet you refer to others who disagree with your point-of-view and want to keep the lowbie areas more populated as "elitist".

Pot, meet Kettle.

The irony sure runs deep here.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

I agree that the faster 20-60 leveling was to help people like the OP.  I also agree that the same range can be rather tedious as it is "same ol' same ol'" as it were.  Mudsprocket was a nice addition, same zone but they threw in some new quests to help you through the 30's.

I was disappointed that Ghostlands and Bloodmyst didn't have an instance.  They could add a 20ish instance to both to get lower players something to do.

Adding more mid-range zones would be nice as well.  If you look on the Azeroth map, there are zones there that you can't access ingame.  The area south of silverpine comes to mind as one (has the gated area with alliance friendly npc's).  Uldum in souther tanaris has been in the game since launch but was never opened up as an instance.  There is a quest line leading to it, it's just unfinished.

Personally I think the faster under 60 leveling was to get people as close to 70 as possible for WotLK.  Think of it from a business standpoint, the more people that can use your product (68+ characters) the more people that will buy said product.