Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super Pay to Play Grindfest!!

sonicpenguinsonicpenguin Member Posts: 10

At first Shaiya seems very awesome, until you play for another 30 minutes.  The grind gets exponential as you try and get stronger, and most people quit this game even before going to the next mode = 4x grind for minimal bonus.

PvP in this game is all about archers poking mages and mages nuking archers.  Other classes are essentially pointless in PvP unless you like being slaugthtered.

THEY ERASE YOUR ACCOUNT AT HIGHER LEVELS UNLESS YOU PAY!!

Unless you have $1,000 or more handy to spend on this game, you'll just be wasting your time as most pay items are only gotten through luck, and then there is the $$$$ death penalty.

(Its not unheard of to spend $50-$100 and get n00b items that couldve been gotten through normal play.  Most good players spend $1,000 or more.  This is not a poor persons game.)

Most over-powered items are farmed by gold sellers which leaves any new players helpless. 

Overall Shaiya had great potential until Aeria's huge push to make EXTREME profits.  Essentially the core community has been driven away to other games.  No one likes to aimlessly grind and wastingly throw money away.

Comments

• QuestionsQuestions Member Posts: 4

Are you some sort of idiot? You obviously dont know what ur talking about. They do not erase your account at higher levels. Pvp is extremely balanced, i own as a ranger. You dont need to waste a cent on this game. Hard mode is voluntary and has huge benefits compared to normal. Dude, you probably got scammed at level 5 and got mad and quit cuz you dont know what ur talking about.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Questions

Are you some sort of idiot? You obviously dont know what ur talking about. They do not erase your account at higher levels. Pvp is extremely balanced, i own as a ranger. You dont need to waste a cent on this game. Hard mode is voluntary and has huge benefits compared to normal. Dude, you probably got scammed at level 5 and got mad and quit cuz you dont know what ur talking about.

Its true this guy dosent know what hes talking about at all. Its a f2p game and im almost one hundered percent sure all of that is false although I never tried the pvp in the game,

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

You have to spend a lot of money in the item shop if you want to compete in PvP and you will need to spend money on double experience stones to get to ultimate mode quickly or spend months grinding.

• GayiaGayia Member Posts: 89

Dont think he is an idiot but he is incorrect about one point the deletion of accounts at higher levels is not true. But I do agree with him on just about every other point  if you want to spend money in shayia dont its nothing  but a rip  off the only way to play this game is to never spend a dime, if you do like i did you will get so pissed and stop playing. The pvp is unbalanced but i could care less about that. I do though care about the rip off at the item mall and have decided instead of wasting money at shayia i will just do pay to play games and am through with areria games.

• sonicpenguinsonicpenguin Member Posts: 10

Yes, for those of you who are obviously new to the world of Shaiya, for any player who wishes to play "ULTIMATE" mode, your TOON WILL BE ERASED if you die and dont have the money to buy CASH ITEMS to ressurrect your toon.  I used the wrong terminology saying "account".

• LizardPariahLizardPariah Member Posts: 47

Ya...it's called actual death and other games have it as well, that includes the new sci fi Infinity: The Quest for Earth...

LEARN TO PLAY NOOB.

PVP is AWESOME in this game, it was the most fun I've ever had.  You only get slaughtered if you dont know what to do with your class (and judging by your post you obviously dont).

And if you dont like the ultimate mode?  DONT PLAY ULTIMATE.  I play on hard and I still own people

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Wow a hardcore mode with the ability to resurrect with itemshop, what a dumb idea.