Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good game but turn out to be a junk

emptynaemptyna Member Posts: 11

why i say this game is junk

1. graphic is terrible.. just terrible

2. role play.. well it is good idea to make stats point efficient.. but at the same time limit character build by weapon and armor is a really dumb thing they done.    for example blade have two kind of weapon sword and katana.. which is basically dex build vs str build. but you will never be able to choose any "pure" build because if you do you will never be able to equip any weapon nor armor close to your level.  which kill all the role player and character customization...    it is strightly writen on equip the choice of build we are allow to choose from..

3. game requirement.. the graphic is outdata junk.. but the game requirement is way higher then many game with much better graphic (eg. perfect world) 

4.. quest system.. still killing a number of XX then report to OO... etc repeating the same thing over and over again... boring

5. training dummy- they are there for cash shop only.. yea though it is only 1/3 of the exp.  which means if you can't play 8 hours a day there is no way you compete with any cash shop player who don't even play at all...

6. character- everyone look exact the same.. all the armor of same kind have one color and only one color. 

7. skill- true the skill look great.. but thats the only good thing about skill i see there.. there are 3 kind of skill passive, melee and magic... magic skill is all about the same around the melee class.. and the melee skil are not much special.. they are all damaging skill or buff... there is not much of skill design for team work or etc...

Comments

• Suki.ChanSuki.Chan Member Posts: 30

I guess mmorpg's can never be satisfying unless you have 10+ hours each day to grind, and the patience to do so. The quests in Cabal are really pathetic... some of them even ask you to kill the same monster. Just got back from killing monster A for NPC A, and NPC B says "do you want to help me? if so go and kill 100 monster A". Just... wow... O_o

Lunia is the only mmorpg that has "fun" elements in it, but they royally messed up by deleting everyone's inventory during open beta. Better off playing Second Life, Cabal is just the same as any other crappy mmorpg with nothing else to do than swear at each other for KS or grind.

• xyasharxxyasharx Member Posts: 28

you guys have definetly not played the game properly. The quests are the best way to lvl up even if its just mindless the quest rewards and exp are so high. The numbers to kill stuff isint that bad either compared to silkroad. Did you even get to lvl 10 when you get your combo skill or did u give up at lvl 5? how about your astral weapon at lvl 50, Battle aura at 20, Battle mode at 30.People are hitting lvl 50 no sweat just because of the quests. The quests also give you fun dungeons to do and soon where gonna have war channel and episode 2 coming.  Did u get to a higher rank for your skills if not you shouldnt be taking cuz apprentice skills totally rock. At lvl 50 you can get dungeons warp cards for partys. In this game you can either solo it or party it. I see you guys have no proper information about ths game so dont say its crap if you didnt even try too understand the game. oh ya and perfect world is a horrible game to play without using hierograms wich is cash shop so just because its graphics are pretty you shouldnt say its better cuz cabals are good too. I should no this stuff cuz i played it alot. Last thing is cabal give you like alot of quests to level up its only from the lvl 100s it gets hard but then again your lvl 100 and u look freakin sweet with your osmium armor and i think G.Master skills. correct me if im wrong

• donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

Agree with the first two posters. At first Cabal looks and plays very well but you quickly realise theres NOTHING to do other than grind and grind and grind - back and forth in tiny square lands...

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

what game are you guys playing?

cabal has decent graphics but the animations are the best ive seen for skills.

nothing to do but grind? the hell are you talking about there are quests everwhere, oh and the grind is actually fun in this game,  and you level quickly. 

tiny square lands? there are a ton of maps, they may be smaller than the usual "giant one map mmo's" but there a lot with a lot of variety of scenery.  its nice becasue you dont really have a chance to get bored with one map, you get 3 to start, a new map every 10 lvls or so after 50 (takes about a week to get to 50) and all the maps are vastly diffrent

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

Yes, I'm afraid most of these complaints break down under further scrutiny.

Originally posted by emptyna

1. graphic is terrible.. just terrible

Compared to what? These graphics are some of the more elegant and refined across MMORPG-kind. Maybe your settings are too low or something.

2. role play.. well it is good idea to make stats point efficient.. but at the same time limit character build by weapon and armor is a really dumb thing they done.
    This is actually a fair point in that how the "growth limits" and equipment requirements make distribution of stat points kinda pointless. However, later on (post-level-95) you're finally done with growth limits and free to customize properly.

However, don't ever call stat grinding "role play" again or I'll come over there and slap a sticker that says "clueless n00b" on your forehead.

4.. quest system.. still killing a number of XX then report to OO... etc repeating the same thing over and over again... boring
    Welcome to MMORPGs.

5. training dummy- they are there for cash shop only.. yea though it is only 1/3 of the exp.  which means if you can't play 8 hours a day there is no way you compete with any cash shop player who don't even play at all...
    Premium accounts get a +25% gain in gain rate, but thats pretty much it. The training dummies offer zero benefit once you get past 1/3rd your skill rank and don't count towards leveling at all, so you're being foolish to think they're going to offer that much of a benefit.

6. character- everyone look exact the same.. all the armor of same kind have one color and only one color.
    Fair enough - although, really this game has about as much customizatin as most F2P games. Later on, you do have some choice of the kind of gear you'd like to wear. Also note that you can wear any gear you have the stats for regardless of if it suits your class.

7. skill- true the skill look great.. but thats the only good thing about skill i see there.. there are 3 kind of skill passive, melee and magic...
    First, if the graphics are terrible, why do you say the skill looks great?
    Second, it's "Sword", "Magic", "Upgrade" and "Special". You'd know that if you actually played to level 10 (about 3 hours) and unlocked comboing.

there is not much of skill design for team work or etc...
    There are some skills for teamwork (buffs, heals, ect) on some of the classes. However, I have not seen much team content yet - it seems to be a largely soloers game at least early on.

Tell you what, don't listen to this guy. Don't listen to me either. Head over to www.cabalonline.net and try this game out for yourself.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

Originally posted by Suki.Chan
    Lunia is the only mmorpg that has "fun" elements in it, but they royally messed up by deleting everyone's inventory during open beta. Better off playing Second Life, Cabal is just the same as any other crappy mmorpg with nothing else to do than swear at each other for KS or grind.
    I've rather made it my quest to try to find MMORPGs with "fun" elements in it, nd the search has not been easy.  Many are indeed nasty grinds.  However, I believe the combo system sets Cabal Online above most of the rest. 

Lunia looks okay, since they tried to go for a more arcady experience, but Cabal Online's combos are a lot more challenging than it looks there.

Comparing any MMOG to Second Life is silly - it's not even a game.

• Tiller77Tiller77 Member Posts: 29

Well theres tons of opinions on this game, but in reality, its not as bad as people think.

The first thing you see is the grind, and needless to say, thats a major turn-off but as you continue, You get more into-depth with the combat, and when you get into PVP, then... Well.... :D

This is the sort of game you have to stick with through all of the crap until you get to the good stuff.

But either way, playing around with the skills is pretty fun....

So, lets try this:

Music: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Other random B.S. that nobody gives a shit about: 8/10

My score: 8/10. Not perfect, but don't knock it until you try it for about a few weeks.