Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A plea to anyone still working on Fury that works for Auran.

MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

Well as far as I can see, even with your F2P option. The game is significantly empty.

I'd like to propose a new idea, obviously your dev's don't know which direction to take the game, as things look like they cant get any worse.

I propose letting a group of real PvP players rebalance / redesign the current skill sets and loot tables and bringing back a number of features from beta that players loved that were removed for the wrong reasons that forced players out of the game and made it become elitist.

Anyway, I've been playing PvP games online now for the around 13 years, and for the last 2 years I've been working on the design and programming for a small company working on a MMO. So I'm not totally clueless. I also am sat on the Council of Knights of Darkness, a guild that has been number 1 in numerous PvP games including Fury.

What have you too lose at the moment, pretty much nothing, the last 2 times I've been in the game its been a joke trying to get a match and your "Loser" email was a pathetic and comical, I don't believe it did you any favors with players you have already alienated.

Obviously we can only give you the suggestions, required fixes and idea's which you've been reluctant to listen too before, but from the looks of things now you (Auran) are either past caring or want the game to die.

I also have a degree in computing and work as a programmer, so if needed to I could help out in that regard if you wish to make another push to fix the game. Anyway don't really expect a response but I hate to see a game with so much potiential go to waste without a fight.

Why do the best MMO's always get destroyed.... /yawn

Knights of Darkness

Undefeated in Guild Wars Pre-CU SWG, Corbantis Server
Former Rank 1 Guild CoH/CoV, Pinnacle Server
Former Rank 1 Guild Fury, Hadralas Server

Comments

• jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

there is so much truth to your opening statement and id have to agree with it and im sure so does the rest of the gaming community [ by industry standards] . I say this as i have for quite awhile since around the time we learned of what the AOTC patch really was [business move ]...." u can bring a million ppl to ur game however that doesnt mean they ll buy it , or stay to play."

My suggestion stays : Scrap the current business model not in full but most of it. In example .... Continue the   F2p model that was created to bring players to Fury. However Cut  Immortal subscription at this time til a later date reserving the right to reestablish it when and if Fury  can be a success. In place of that u make the game alot like Guildwars where its free to play forever out the box with no subscription fees. However u can keep ur gold buying and UAX to continue making more sales on the side. As far as the subscriptions u can reprise them later when uve rebalanced ur game , made it successful [ population increase and active members by industry standards ] , more maps, and a true new patch that gives more to the game than u did on release. And in defense of all of us who already have subscription for life including myself we would keep these of course if and when they would reinstate a subscription based model. However they could just keep it f2p forever after retail code purchase and just sell map packs and things like that to make their cash later again if Fury was successful ppl would have no problem paying for new content .... this has been proven millions of times ppl pay for what they want .... plus at this time they need population as well as a truly balanced game and i just want to be able to enjoy FURY cos it has potential but still refuse to sign in til i see a lil more progress back to what it TRULY can be ...population makes it look like its doing well.

I was one of those who bought Fury on pre pay -prerelease , as they saw their community dwindle and realized how much they offended ppl who actually paid for the game especially those who paid full price they threw in an immortal subscription for life clause to us in hopes of keeping us around IMO this was a good start for bridging the gap with the early community. However at the same time they also offered it to ppl that joined the game as an incentive for countering their losses they knew would be happening a smart move yet in a logic way this was a cheap way of trying to keep the vets at the same time. In reality they really havent offered those who were here a true incentive idealistically for not only paying for the game but wanting to stay.

The reason i state this isnt bc i want to whine and complain in reality ive been hoping that when they give more updates that each time they do something that would truly appeal to the vets and ppl who came first as if not for those who did FURY woulda bombed more than it already has. Compensation is still in my head for some reason maybe cos in fairness they didnt really compensate to begin with though i love the fact that the marketing ploy did work some as giving immortal subscription for life was probably an incentive for most new comers to purchase the game during that time. That 20 spent seems well spent when u put it like that but if u spent 50 it still doesnt make sense seeing how the game was near unplayable to begin with til AOTC patch.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

Originally posted by MoJawK

I'd like to propose a new idea, obviously your dev's don't know which direction to take the game, as things look like they cant get any worse.
    I propose letting a group of real PvP players rebalance / redesign the current skill sets and loot tables and bringing back a number of features from beta that players loved that were removed for the wrong reasons that forced players out of the game and made it become elitist.
    Anyway, I've been playing PvP games online now for the around 13 years, and for the last 2 years I've been working on the design and programming for a small company working on a MMO. So I'm not totally clueless. I also am sat on the Council of Knights of Darkness, a guild that has been number 1 in numerous PvP games including Fury.
    What have you too lose at the moment, pretty much nothing, the last 2 times I've been in the game its been a joke trying to get a match and your "Loser" email was a pathetic and comical, I don't believe it did you any favors with players you have already alienated.
    Obviously we can only give you the suggestions, required fixes and idea's which you've been reluctant to listen too before, but from the looks of things now you (Auran) are either past caring or want the game to die.
    I also have a degree in computing and work as a programmer, so if needed to I could help out in that regard if you wish to make another push to fix the game. Anyway don't really expect a response but I hate to see a game with so much potiential go to waste without a fight.
    Why do the best MMO's always get destroyed.... /yawn

I decided to reply twice to this thread cos i think at this time AURAN/FURY team needs to take a look at all directions as i believe they are both viable arguements at this time.

I guess it couldnt hurt as long as the players they chose were truly credible and really into helping FURY become a game for not only true pvpers but the casual as well and had the interest of the community in mind for the long term effects. And definitely not like it went down in the FC during Beta. I look at the ladders from time to time to see if any of the old players came back and are making a move towards the top and when i do i see theres still some that have been playing since launch that have continued support of this game ppl like this would be ideal just as much as the ppl im sure u have in mind.

As far as balance i cant speak of much, since AoTc patch like many others ive only logged on to get my update and check in from time to time on the population. like u stated waiting in Que is well { "QuegonBy" ..that was what i named the skeleton at the top of the stairs in the sanct. lol}.

Personally before Aotc i was never in a clan didnt want to be YET,  i was waiting to see what was to happen before committing to one,  pre AOTC...so i enjoyed BB and the constant ganks by clans, thanx to those ganks i learned to play btw lol and i thank u ... and was looking forward to the 1v1... infact never have done a vortex or elim match was waiting to be in clan because i prefer organized tactics in pvp play but stayed in top 100 for most part during the week on ladder in BB from time ladders went up and watched myself fall to 150 by weekends end..  due to my being obligated to a pvp guild  in other game. Then i tried 1v1 and like many was dissappointed in it ...  carnage was fun but NO challenge i didnt get fury to beat up on NPCs i got it to play smash mouth on a RL person who thinks him/ her  and i arent on the same skill level and when or lose tell him gg hf and talk with them after unless we became rivals.

The game obviously still needs some balance from the gamers point of view and hopefully they will do so, my main personal complaint as a more casual gamer to FURY  is the  now price of repairing our items from day one i never once had to buy gold from the site and i didnt keep some leet uber armor either but i was still able to compete and stay competitive and continue to upgrade as i progressed as a player in FURY. I was totally into the evolving the char with no UAx 's it means more to me i guess. The other was the global cooldown ... needs to go back to atleast one patch before the last one that they had it atleast kept FURY at a faster pace ... even now the new ppl could probably deal with the original from launch or the second GCD patch im sure and probably would appreciate it. Take power ups out of 1v1 completely ... heck if the game is truly skill then take them out Completely from all warzones,  In a real fight we dont get power ups just pure 100 % adrenaline and heart pounding action.

I ll end this by adding to ur last comment on them not caring or letting the game die. IMO its both because they dont know how or which direction to take at this time ... deep inside theres probably more to this situation than we were ever told publicly or was ever announced. At one point and time they tried to do it their way and it seems to have come up short now not once but many a times in the eyes of the beholder it seems so many misses only means a massive fail .. maybe thats one reason we havent seen or heard anything official in almost a month making sure to dot the T's and Cross their I's before puttin another throat needle to theirself.

• MoJawKMoJawK Member Posts: 45

/bump

I wish I could talk to a dev fora  bit, how could they have been so dumb.

Knights of Darkness

Undefeated in Guild Wars Pre-CU SWG, Corbantis Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild CoH/CoV, Pinnacle Server
    Former Rank 1 Guild Fury, Hadralas Server

• daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member Posts: 31

I find it quite funny to see that most of the negative reviews on this forum come from a very small group of people ( i count 5 or so), and them being old players who honestly don't spend enough time in the game to fully understand the changes that have undergone.  Oh sure, you've logged in once a week, played a game or two, but thats only a fraction of the time you spend on the server, while the other 90% is spent advertising for other games, talking about how you hate the game, yet you're still here...  Why?  I don't understand why... 1. you would advertise for other games (this doesn't really point out any of you since I've yet to witness such) in a game with such a small population, 2. Why you would continue to log onto a game you obviously dislike, waste your precious hours flapping your two cents that no one really cares to hear about a game you think is 'dead' to begin with.  It sounds to me that you all are obviously hurt, and for some reason decide that attempting to smother out the population of fury will justify the pain brought upon your life due to the fact you paid for a game that didn't turn out the way you wanted. In your eyes, you wasted money, that was your mistake in your investment, you made those choices.  I'm sure I'm not the only one tired hearing the same 5 people get in a circle and feed each other hate which obviously hasn't been spreading as you all intended it to.  I don't see what your goal is from you creating new posts, bumping old posts, all on the same thing, a review you've written that only states opinion and how it conflicts with your gaming preference.  What are you gaining so far?  Its almost like you enjoy reliving a past you did not obviously have any fun in.  Move on, find another girlfriend, stop dwelling on your ex because he/she was definately not your type. 

Disuading others to give a FREE game is beyond my understanding.  We who still play (even originals) still enjoy the game.  And a lot of us will play until the game dies "if" it does.  I'm tired of having this forum posted with your disappointments. 

• DarkenedDarkened Member Posts: 183

Smother out the population? rofl, you have 500 players on tops during PEAK times and thats a FACT.

Just look at the amount of games going on any time of day, its pathetic.

I guess if you never had a chance to experience it when it actually required skills to play, then I could understand your lack of insight, but other than that I just cant come up with a better explanation than that your are yet another fanboi unwilling to look at the truth about the game.

Most of us that show disdain towards the games current state have played since release, we purchased retail copies and/or preordered, we stuck with the game until it turned into a pile of crap, and some even continue to stick it out even after we knew it was going nowhere fast.

Bold assumptions sir, your foot appears to be lodged solidly in your mouth.

But hey, you and that one other fanboi keep on going strong! I'm sure between the two of you you'll be able to keep the game going full speed ahead!

Not even worthy of a ROFL.

• daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Darkened

Smother out the population? rofl, you have 500 players on tops during PEAK times and thats a FACT.
    Just look at the amount of games going on any time of day, its pathetic.
    I guess if you never had a chance to experience it when it actually required skills to play, then I could understand your lack of insight, but other than that I just cant come up with a better explanation than that your are yet another fanboi unwilling to look at the truth about the game.
    Most of us that show disdain towards the games current state have played since release, we purchased retail copies and/or preordered, we stuck with the game until it turned into a pile of crap, and some even continue to stick it out even after we knew it was going nowhere fast.
    Bold assumptions sir, your foot appears to be lodged solidly in your mouth.
    But hey, you and that one other fanboi keep on going strong! I'm sure between the two of you you'll be able to keep the game going full speed ahead!
    Not even worthy of a ROFL.

Hey, check my name under the ladders sometime and you'll find that I myself am a player since release, research so you don't end up stating what you do not know, bud.  I've seen all that has come to pass and all I've witnessed is that most people who didn't like the game had the maturity to leave, put in their two cents, and that was the end of it.  Call me a fanboi, if you do wish to, you're definately not being any better by lurking these forums constantly posting hate on these forums. 

And for the comment about the 500 players, I've already stated that the population was low as it is, leading to my misunderstanding of your dedication to continue to spam these forums with stale information.  Please read a whole post before replying to save yourself from looking moronic. 

For your comment about the game turning into a pile of crap, that is purely opinionated, and most people who shared this opinion, as i already mentioned, moved on.  Perhaps you should grow up and do the same. Kind of ironic to find that it is in fact, your foot in your mouth.  :) Have a nice day.

just for my own defense here if u read the first reply i put here about the balance issues i specifically said ... looking at the ladders i realize that there are some who have continued to be faithful to FURY since launch and that these ppl should be included i guess this meant u ... as i see now we are referring to 5 or so ppl who cant let it go im taking im in that group cos of the posts ive made .... however ive always tried to  say and stay on furys side when it comes to optimism that it makes it s return ... and at the same time the only real problem i seen personally that i d wish theyd fix was the repair cost which is currently the only thing keeping me from re entering the game currently to finish giving the game a full try since patch and not the occasional log in wait do nothing go kill someone online in COD 4 instead .. im sure theres a ton of stuff that needs balanced and fixxed but thats not my job to do so i just hope its done so i can enjoy a game i wanted to all along ...

btw i was checking official site because of that new post here of being a perfect pvp game .figuring it was a marketing ploy of some sort by someone in their office figuring they must be up to something cos it has been to long  for nothing to have come out , most games or companys have more regular public things being said or going on so this is quite unusual  .. and i realized the sites down or they could be updating it could this be the return of the forums ? ... or that revised FURY ? a new patch ? or maybe an answer to all the hype and questions in general ....this was as of 1230 est today...

and to finish this and i mean this hats off to all who are enjoyign fury right now and  i really do hope it returns strong .... and that ur patience and percerverence  [ yes i kn thats spelled wrong] pays off .. and i hope site being down is sign of somethgn big

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

Specifically, regarding repair costs... only pre- AotC gear has outrageous repair costs. Current gear hardly degrades at all.