Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will my computer be able to run EVE?

gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

I've played EVE before, and have an account although I'm not actively playing it right now. I stopped playing before the update, and really like the new graphics. I'm curious if my computer can handle it though. Here are my system specs:

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 (1.8 Ghz per core)

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150 (an integrated gpu, set for 128mb)

Sound Card: Coexant High Definiton Audio (onboard sound card)

Anybody know if I'd be able to run the game on this reasonably well? If it isn't going to run well, I won't bother reactivating, because I'd rather play with the new graphics as opposed to the classic ones.

Comments

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Should think so..

My laptop runs EVE and it cost me £400 a year ago. Its a store bought POS with an Intel GFX card.

---

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Yes, but can I run it with the new graphics, or would I have to stick with the classic graphics?

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Should be fine minus the onboard video, my system has onboard and it was hideously bad for games (not just Eve but all games) so I put a geforce 6600 gt in and it runs the new graphics just fine at 1440x900 resolution.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using a laptop, so I can't pop in a new graphics card. So, I'm stuck with what I have.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

I think you'll have trouble with the new graphics... Why dont you download it and have a go, its only 700 megs.

---

that would mean paying $15 for something that I may not end up even playing. On top of that, I'm in college, so it's not like have money to spend on something that I might not even be able to use. If I play, I'd like to use the new graphics. period.

• RayalistRayalist Member Posts: 211

There's a 14 day trial, no money necessary.

secure.eve-online.com/ft/

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Dude, Eve offers a 14 day trial. Use it.