Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sick of noob reviews bashing this game

casa319casa319 Member UncommonPosts: 7

As the title states, I hate noobs (lvl 3-lvl 30s) posting about their awful and mundane experience with this game. I don't want to be simply another person in the end of long noobish topics defending this game, so I decided to start one.

First of all, unlike traditional games, the lvl cap is at 300 (180 now since it's still in beta), so a lvl 30 (30/300) is basically a lvl 10 and it took me 3 hours to get there. So if you're a lvl 10, yes, be my quest to quit and uninstall the game, and then write your review, but guess what? The first 30 lvls are to make you understand the mechanics and what quests are like. Come on! you get to lvl 10 in in 5 mins just by running around (I saw posts about people getting to lvl 3 and quit).

For those who quit before lvl 30, here's why you can't write a review for the game. This game centers around the community and events. Events starts at lvl 30 with questionaries! What?? You mean there's events??? Oh, not justt that, you also get your pet at lvl 30... WHAT??!?? you didn't even get your pet yet??? So STFU and stop posting your noobish comments and reviews.

At lvl 50, you have monster slaying event.

Then pet's adventure, Creation Contest,  Maze    

Do I hear more Whats??? and question marks on those noobs' foreheads??

Finally, as you lvl, there's a lot of pvp, and equipment upgrades, commercial trading, and community binding. I have played so many mmorpgs in the past (9-10 years starting with diablo 2 and EQ); played almost all open betas, and to be honest, this game really captured my interests... the first 30 lvls were extremely boring for me too, but from 50 onwards, it was mindblasting. The higher I get, the more fun it gets.

That's all, if you like to listen to those noob reviews, go ahead. It's IGG's loss that they didn't get a customer, but your loss for not playing a great game.

Comments

• deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51

yea it is a good game indeed. i was there during the CB.. the pet system are unique and cool..

just that.. to fly you have to pay a fee that growing like mad as your level up....

btw.. have anything change sinse i left?

• abistarabistar Member UncommonPosts: 92

I love that game as well, it really is awesome, but the pking is worse than 2moons, i can take on 1-2 ppl at most, but 5 or 6, i mean come on, i left after 2 weeks of Open Beta, lv 68 char.

• mudkip9001mudkip9001 Member Posts: 37

why would i want to do 50 levels of boring content just to get to some (questionably) decent content? also, seeing how your post is riddled with the words "noob" and such it only further leads me to believe that the player base of this game is very immature, especially after playing it and witnessing the horrid banter on the chat channels. if you want to convince people to play this game i would suggest not to make such horrible posts and focus on the good points of the game, rather than trying to insult people who have given it bad reviews.

personally the biggest reason why i didn't like zu online is due to the severely limited customization at character creation. especially gender-defined classes.

• deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51

it is rather simple.. not in any game you can try all of the game content at level 1.. level 50 take no more then one day..

btw.. i do agree the things about pvp.. in CB i have been trying to pvp with someone.. but you know if both player are noob/expert in control.. no one ever get to kill anyone else  XD

• casa319casa319 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Since CB, a lot has changed. Some for the better, other for the worse (mostly afk exps are nerfed). Flying is free for the first 3 times per day, and then you pay only a fixed rate of 2k afterwards (prices do not rise as you lvl).

to mudkip: the reason why I used "noob" is because of the reviews on other topics in this post. If you read them, you will know exactly what I mean.. come on..  a lvl 3 bashing?

To the other person about 50 lvls of boring contents... well to get to lvl 50, I spent about 4-5 hours (first lvl 30s in 2 hours most). And this game gets SOOOOO MUCCCHHH better after that. OF course, if u're the solo type, then go somewhere else. This game is fun as a community.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

sorry guys.....but seriously this game sucks......

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

While i didnt ever make it out of the said noob status i will say this to people thinking of playing the game. The graphic style will not appeal to everyone, there are better interfaces, and i didnt notice much of a community.  That being said, it does have a high lvl cap(dont really know if that means anything positive or negatvie...maybe more levels to grind out). Pet system is nice, PvP is fun, and really there is nothing borken or bad about the game, but i think u will either like or hate the game, its free, so give it a shot, but i think a small population of people will find this game appealing, so people who love this game, dont get mad at everyone else who isnt sucked in.

• casa319casa319 Member UncommonPosts: 7

hm, not to offend u, but I don't think there is a game out there with a graphic style that appeals to everyone--if there is, tell me, I want to know.

Better interfaces? Perhaps, but it's not horrible, and it's still in beta, so room for improvements for sure.

Well, if you didn't notice a community, it's because you didn't look for one. There are many guilds, and there is a faction chat (open to lvl 30+ which is after ur training lvls--reasonable since u don't want lvl 1s spamming the faction chat).

Finally, I think it was a very personal and biased statement to say that only a small population of people will find this game appealing. I just can't see how you can normalize yourself and speak on behalf of the larger population. Just my opinion.

• HENTAKIHENTAKI Member Posts: 8

well i have bin playing Zu online  for like  2 months now and i have a 2 chars a lvl 80 SM and a lvl 40 SW all i got to say is that the game is good and fun but its not that good there are better but for a free game its good i cant say i like it but what ur saying is right after lvl 30 the game gets alot of fun with all the events and as it is a beta there is always room for improvements its a nice IGG game laggy and free but yea what more can u ask from a FREE online game that u don have to pay to play