Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay, where's the negative about this game?

Comments

• pstruthpstruth Member Posts: 233

Shame on me for spreading false information!

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

Its free game so going to try it.

Its not going to waste much of my time!

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

The only Negative i find with this game (not my personal opinion either) is that the Graphics are just 2 old and thus not many people even trying it because visually it just does not appeal.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

There are a number of games out there that have outdated (or even 2d!) graphics and yet are immensely popular.  Maple Story is probably the best example, even though it's such a horrible game IMO.

• TuxideTuxide Member UncommonPosts: 213
  • HiraghmHiraghm Member Posts: 39

I got a look at the deathrealm area the other night... the lighting in there is awesome! That is one of the spookiest places I have been in a long long time. The music helps a lot. I dunno who's doing the music for PS, but it's top shelf. On a par with WoW, better than EQ1

• QueenofFoolsQueenofFools PlaneShift DeveloperMember Posts: 61

"Pstruth" just admit that you are an enemy of the game. You are not some crusader looking for a bastian to express yourself freely your recent comments make it clear you have not been in game for a long time due to a ban. Mmorpg.com continuing to tolerate this transparent poison is a great source of sadness for me. 

We did our best to make a sincere effort to post straightforward views of issues.

When one individual is permitted the chance to "run the table" and say whatever they want unfounded or not there is a problem. I have called upon mods and been answered well.

At this point I will have no more to do with this forum. I thank the kind mods who did their best to make sure a fair dialogue occurred here. 

This "pstruth" character clearly has a destructive agenda aimed at tearing down the game and the fact that he is in any way tolerated or believed to be a neutral poster is so far beyond what I can reasonably accept that I will have no more to do with this forum.

I hope to the gods that he will not come back to ps after his ban is lifted. (despite protestations to the contrary this is a person banned for trolling).

Originally posted by QueenofFools

"Pstruth" just admit that you are an enemy of the game.

I have no interest in admitting to something that isn't true.  I'm no more an enemy to the game than you are.

You are not some crusader looking for a bastian to express yourself freely your recent comments make it clear you have not been in game for a long time due to a ban. Mmorpg.com continuing to tolerate this transparent poison is a great source of sadness for me.

An open discussion where players share their opinions and experiences is not poison.  It's discussion.  I'm sorry that you're frustrated because you can't lock and delete threads like you can on hydlaa.com.

We did our best to make a sincere effort to post straightforward views of issues.
    When one individual is permitted the chance to "run the table" and say whatever they want unfounded or not there is a problem. I have called upon mods and been answered well.

There's three sides to every story.  Your side, my side, and the truth.  That's why we try to give evidence when we post, when we remember to.

No one is running the table here.  Everyone can post freely, so long as they don't violate basic internet rules of decency.

At this point I will have no more to do with this forum. I thank the kind mods who did their best to make sure a fair dialogue occurred here.

And what counts as fair dialog in your book?  When only positive things are said, and anyone who says something negative is bullied into submission?  I don't understand what you're trying to imply.

This "pstruth" character clearly has a destructive agenda aimed at tearing down the game and the fact that he is in any way tolerated or believed to be a neutral poster is so far beyond what I can reasonably accept that I will have no more to do with this forum.

What is a neutral poster?  I have my opinions.  I have my experiences.  And I don't want to tear down the game.  All I've done is point out ways the game could be improved, and ways the game's social culture should be improved.  You might not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm an enemy of the game who has a secret mission to destroy ps.

Balanced reviews are tolerated here.  Even negative reviews are tolerated here.  And they should be.  If that changes, then I'll be leaving mmorpg.com as well, but it won't.  The real world doesn't work like the ps community.  I'm sorry you think I'm out to ruin you, because it simply isn't true, but you don't get to play Big Brother here.

Originally posted by pstruth

"Pstruth" just admit that you are an enemy of the game.

I have no interest in admitting to something that isn't true.  I'm no more an enemy to the game than you are.

You are not some crusader looking for a bastian to express yourself freely your recent comments make it clear you have not been in game for a long time due to a ban. Mmorpg.com continuing to tolerate this transparent poison is a great source of sadness for me.

An open discussion where players share their opinions and experiences is not poison.  It's discussion.  I'm sorry that you're frustrated because you can't lock and delete threads like you can on hydlaa.com.

There's three sides to every story.  Your side, my side, and the truth.  That's why we try to give evidence when we post, when we remember to.

No one is running the table here.  Everyone can post freely, so long as they don't violate basic internet rules of decency.

And what counts as fair dialog in your book?  When only positive things are said, and anyone who says something negative is bullied into submission?  I don't understand what you're trying to imply.

What is a neutral poster?  I have my opinions.  I have my experiences.  And I don't want to tear down the game.  All I've done is point out ways the game could be improved, and ways the game's social culture should be improved.  You might not like it, but that doesn't mean I'm an enemy of the game who has a secret mission to destroy ps.

Balanced reviews are tolerated here.  Even negative reviews are tolerated here.  And they should be.  If that changes, then I'll be leaving mmorpg.com as well, but it won't.  The real world doesn't work like the ps community.  I'm sorry you think I'm out to ruin you, because it simply isn't true, but you don't get to play Big Brother here.

Oh, yes the "both sides are equally wrong" argument. But, sometimes, the truth is on the side of one person's opinion. In fact, when there's a rational person in the argument (Hi, there, Queen), that side is usually the true side, as well.

"And I don't want to tear down the game"... are you sure your name isn't Obama, or Clinton? Because they speak as you do... and then follow it up with denegration. "I love America..." "Evil is right here in our streets".. the literal truth of that is supposed to override the fact that the focus is on associating "our streets" with evil.

You do the same thing with Planeshift. You claim to like it and want to support it... and then you go on to denigrate it.

I am, regrettably brought to the same place as the developers; yes, they could use more help with development. You have endless opinions about what could and should be done with the game. You obviously can write fictoin, based on your body of work here... have you ONCE volunteered your expert services at writing? Maybe to free someone else up to deal with customer service, bug repair, content creation?

Have you, alternatively, said, "You know guys, I've pointed this out to you, I've pointed that out to you, and I would love to play the game, how bout giving me a ring when you've got it finished?" and then *dropped it*?

No, this crusade against a game you claim to like is what ives you your entertainment, and I suspect other people are beginning to see that, as well.

Supporting something doesn't mean ignoring its flaws.  Supporting a person doesn't mean supporting everything they do.

I'm finding your posts very confusing.  You've said you've read through all the threads here so I'll take you at your word.  It seems like you're looking for some sort of Kumbaya moment between PS's developers and people who have negative things to say about the game or the behavior of the ps team.

I'll pose the question to you then:  How do you see such disagreements being resolved?  You've said that people should just join the dev team if they want to see things change.  Do you think that's the solution?  People like myself should apply to the dev team, and then everything will be solved?

I'm just trying to "understand" you here.

There's constructive criticism and there's destructive criticism.

Your commentary is uniformly negative and critical. That's destructive criticism.

Napoleon once said, "The moral is to the physical as 3 to 1."

What that means is, the morale of your troops is 3 times as important as their physical requirements.

Troops under harsh conditions and hurting for supplies can outfight well equipped troops if the former has high morale and the latter has low morale, to put it simply.

Or, try a real world example. Go into a store. Wal-mart, McDonald's... Harrods, don't care.

Treat the sales staff like crap. Belittle the store decor, openly. Ask to see the manager over trivial matters. Try to tell the staff how to do their jobs repeatedly.

Then tell me if you get good service.

It would be in their best interest to treat you like crap, in hopes of getting you out of the store, because you are eating more time and resources than is profitable for them to withstand.

Like I said before, your real entertainment is coming here and elsewhere and denigrating the game, datruth.

Actually, I've posted plenty of positives.  It is now obvious that you're posting without sincerity.  You said you read my posts, and it's now obvious that's a lie.

Please tell me why I should respond to someone who posts lies and who does not have sincere intentions.

Actually, I've posted plenty of positives.  It is now obvious that you're posting without sincerity.  You said you read my posts, and it's now obvious that's a lie.
    Please tell me why I should respond to someone who posts lies and who does not have sincere intentions.

Cite the positives you've posted. I want to see what you consider a positive.

Of course, once you do that, I'll flood the board with the negatives you've posted.

Why should you respond to someone who posts lies and does not have sincere intentions? I dunno... a desire to speak with someone who speaks your language? A desire on your part to see how other people feel talking to you?

I'm not your therapist.

• AraroyigeAraroyige Member Posts: 17

It seems a bit silly in a thread like this that you list a ton of negatives that are mostly because the game is still in development.  (No, saying it's in development is not an excuse.  A fact is not an excuse.)

As a note:  "I'm not your therapist" made me chuckle a bit.

Originally posted by Hiraghm

Of course, once you do that, I'll flood the board with the negatives you've posted.

Why should you respond to someone who posts lies and does not have sincere intentions? I dunno... a desire to speak with someone who speaks your language? A desire on your part to see how other people feel talking to you?

I'm not your therapist.

It's very easy to look through my post history for the positive things I've said about PS. My very first post would be a good start for you. I've said negative things as well. In the real world, you're allowed to say both negatives and positives about things. :)

Originally posted by Araroyige

It seems a bit silly in a thread like this that you list a ton of negatives that are mostly because the game is still in development.  (No, saying it's in development is not an excuse.  A fact is not an excuse.)
    As a note:  "I'm not your therapist" made me chuckle a bit.

He asked for a list of negatives.  I gave him one.

I'm not your therapist.

It's very easy to look through my post history for the positive things I've said about PS. My very first post would be a good start for you. I've said negative things as well. In the real world, you're allowed to say both negatives and positives about things. :)

*taps the microphone*

CITE THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU'VE SAID ABOUT PLANESHIFT.

You know as well as I do that the negatives FAR outweigh the positives, and that's why you're unwilling to list them, because it will put to the lie your assertion that you want what's best for the game.

*taps the microphone*
    You know as well as I do that the negatives FAR outweigh the positives, and that's why you're unwilling to list them, because it will put to the lie your assertion that you want what's best for the game.

I think the positives of ps far outweigh the negatives.  Unlike you though, I'm willing to talk about the negatives.

*taps the microphone*

I think the positives of ps far outweigh the negatives.  Unlike you though, I'm willing to talk about the negatives.

When you act purposefully obtuse... nobody is fooled except you.

Nice "gotcha" tho, I do have to give you credit.

However, in context (a concept people from your side of the spectrum *hate*), we were talking about your comments.

Since you think the positives far outweigh the negatives, you can certainly list that subset which is

THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT PLANESHIFT.

You shouldn't lack for material. Go ahead.

I'll make it even easier on you. You don't have to list the positive things about Planeshift you've said here.

You just said that you believe the positives outweigh the negatives (of Planeshift)

Okay... list a bunch of things you think are positive about Planeshift.

And then I'll go through all of your posts on here and overwhelm your list with the list of negatives.

If you so thoroughly believe the positives outweigh the negatives, let's hear the positives. After all, you've not been shy in listing the negatives.

Oh, yeah, and say hi to Agara for me too.

-maps to explore

-fun and addictive

-rp is encouraged

-social community and style of play

-pvp zones and duels

-new stuff gets added every so often

-players can give content and ideas to development

-maps to explore
    -fun and addictive
    -rp is encouraged
    -pvp zones and duels

Yea! you actually listed over half a dozen things (rather generic, but what the hey).

Now, I'll go through the message board and list all the negative comments you've made about the game.

If I have the time and am really feeling masochistic, I'll even point out which of these you've mentioned before.

It'll be awhile going through your messages, because you talk a lot.

-maps to explore
    -fun and addictive
    -rp is encouraged
    -pvp zones and duels

You know, reading over your list, I noticed the last item:

"-players can give content and ideas to development"

hm. Not exactly something you can do with most commercial efforts; oh you can give your ideas to customer service droids, but directly to developers? not likely.

-maps to explore
    -fun and addictive
    -rp is encouraged
    -pvp zones and duels

And another thing while looking over the list...

"-rp is encouraged"...

wait, I thought the devs and gms and support people were all so hostile or indifferent to player concerns. How can they encourage anything?