Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so um... now what?(+ranks broken)

koongoshodkoongoshod Member Posts: 3

i have a question for you guys.... you sit down on your computer, and there always has to be a goal in order to have fun in a game.... or there is no point in a game right? so what do u think when u sit down and say "today im gonna....." exactly i figured out finally the problem with this game is that it is missing a key element known as the point of the game... unfortunantly no matter what your performance in this game you dont get rewarded at all. imo thats dumb, no "o ya im gonna pwn some peeps so i can get better amor" . There really isint a point to the game were you would be able to get a reward for having skill in the game: better armor, more ep, w/e etc. something.... all you get is a fancy name on top of your head. I have no need of essence, i really recommend auran to bring back the "higher rank more ep" system back. someone might say"o ya thats not fair to all the begginers" well there has to be a way for the good players to be rewarded to their good playing. ranking system is broken anyway

what do u think?

Comments

• daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member Posts: 31

From the beginning I've always treated the game similar to that of a multiplayer FPS, not an MMORPG.  MMORPGs tend to have longterm goals, as for multiplayer FPS games you play for the intensity of combat, and the sense of accomplishment when the cause of a winning battle was due to not only your efforts, but the coordination and teamwork of your fellow group members.  Of course Fury is NOT an FPS, but I were to give it a genre, it would be exactly as it was mentioned by Auran, a massive multiplayer online third person slasher. 

Perhaps if you engage this game with the goal of simply enjoying a good session of fights, avoiding of having any real long term goals, Fury might be that much more enjoyable.  From what I understand, one reason why many left the game soon after they started was because they were under the impression that Fury was an MMORPG, thus, felt it had no direction.

So right now, from what I can see, the only things I can see a person with that point of view to look forward to would be achieving the highest rank, making number 1 on the ladder, and perhaps being server-reknown.  After that, interest in the game will go down.

During launch of their ladder system all I wanted was to be the top, and seeing that I only could barely make the first page on that list.  Now, I every time I log on to Fury I look forward to spending time getting to know my clan members better, helping out new people, and of course, the teamwork and competitiveness of the warzone games. 

Hope this helps, if not I fail :).

• daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member Posts: 31

Double post ftl :(

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

The system before did not reward players with higher ranks. Ranks just increased according to how much xp you were at which increased according to how many matches you had played. Basically, eventually everyone would become an Eternal (rank 10) with that system. It was time based not skill based.

SO what you are saying is limit EP (equip points) to ranks again as before and reward those who spend the most time playing the game. This basically brings back the grind element. The whole point of making everyone start off with 1000EP was to remove that block so that players are equal straight off the bat (so to speak, but not really). Of course, experience will always prevail.

As for not having a point to play...the point is to defeat your opponents I thought.

I also play a few FPS games. Same thing over and over...I still play...the point is to get better and win more often.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

I typically play both MMO's and FPS's a ton, however I would say I have spent far more time in MMO's compared to FPS''s. Now I totally understand your point kongo, yeah since it has that MMO appeal to it you would think that playing and doing well would give you some points to spend on new armor or something which would give you a reason to play. Maybe something similar to the wow Honor / Arena system.

Now thats me coming from the MMO side of things, however just like Verent said, if you look at this game as an FPS, it might give you a different perspective on the whole thing. I myself thought a few months back this game would last me 3 weekends and I would be over it. However, I love the people I hang out with, and I just cant get enough of the 4v4 and vortex action.

To me this game is the best of both worlds, I love it and I wish other people felt the same as I do.

Also when you introduce rewards for end-game players (players that have completed all the game content) you usually end up introducing overpowered stuff into the game. Usually because these items have to be special and better than the stuff thats already available to everyone.

This is okay if its a PVE game but as Fury is a PVP game it would just introduce another element for players to complain about and the aim of the game would shift towards aquiring the overpowered items (or the I-WIN! items).

Fury is a weird hybrid of MMOG and FPS so it does feel at times like there should be something else to achieve, I agree. But its a pure PVP game at heart.

You do get to a point in some games where you need to take a break or you burn out on the game.

• mxbxmxbx Member Posts: 42

Here is what they need to do:

1)Real FPS style ladders with GP rewards.  people gather and enter teams in the ladders and prizes are given for top places.   There is your end game.  FPS games have thrived for literally decades with this simple competitive formula.  Make it like a college basketball tournament or something and every few months have a big championship match in things like 1v1, vort and 4v4.

2)Get rid of all the legacy items and give out appropriate gp compensation for their loss.  This game is a balance joke until this happens.  Nobody really knows who is good and who just has amazing gear that's no longer in the game.

3)My suggestion for the pay plan: if you are f2p then you have to grind it out like chosen do now.  But for a one time 50 dollar fee or something, u get the ability unlocker and some gps and Immortal status (just do away with hero, that idea of only vets being immortal for life is suspect). Then people can still buy gold from the auran website if they want more.

• mxbxmxbx Member Posts: 42

If they don't remove the legacy gear, they should just put it back in, which I think would be a cool option.  But it should stay like it is, with low EQ points.  It just gives you more stuff to collect and upgrade, and more gear to tinker with is cool.  But the gear has to be viable.  The current (non-legacy)  jewelry is just not worth the equip costs in most cases

Originally posted by mxbx

If they don't remove the legacy gear, they should just put it back in, which I think would be a cool option.  But it should stay like it is, with low EQ points.  It just gives you more stuff to collect and upgrade, and more gear to tinker with is cool.  But the gear has to be viable.  The current (non-legacy)  jewelry is just not worth the equip costs in most cases

I definately don't agree with restoring the old gear. It was a bit overpowered to say the least. I had close to 2.5k Physical offence with mostly 5ep costing gear which basicaly meant I hardly missed and the fact that physical defense gear was harder to come by meant anyone with high physical offence could just run riot.

I still have that gear but I don't use it, I can' be bothered to run around repairing stuff after every battle and I'm not wealthy enough to abuse it. I guess there could be some players buying gold or who just have a lot of gold from selling stuff etc that may be abusing it but its hardly worth it tbh.

Current gear post Legacy stuff may not be as good but not overpowered is better than overpowrered for the sake of game balance. The procs seem to have been toned down quite a bit also.

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

IMHO , ranking is enough incentive to perform well in Fury however , the ladder system as a whole needs a bit of improvement.  I don`t see that certain game types including 1 v 1 are even factored in to the ladder scores and frankly I get tired of having my rank go backwards because I beat lower ranked players. I dont decide who I end up in the ring with so why should I be penalized .

I would also like to see number of kills ladders in addition to performance ladders as well . It`s surprising how much incentive players get when they start seeing who has the overall highest number of kills , Ive seen this in other games .

• DowndeepDowndeep Member Posts: 5

The ranking system I've always found flawed within fury. But atleast some rewards has been improved, back in the day you got really REALLY crappy rewards for winning warzones

---->

But nowadays atleast you get artifact rewards and such!

And the Ranking ingame, has always been wierd, since it doesnt give you anything, only makes your matchup searches longer, atleast used to, they should implement like, discount on artificing or sometihng for eternals!

/dd

• koongoshodkoongoshod Member Posts: 3

hey guys im done with the game and i would like to thank the fury community, auran isnt going to fix anything soon. they probably are like: screw is just take some money in from immortals and just make a little profit out of it till some more people com in and out.

there arent many people i know when the game came out than now

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

The game is so much fun, I wont give up until I am the last player playing the game. Anyhow, maybe Auran is working there butts off on some new content and want to totally suprise us! I really doubt it but anything is possible!!!