Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prius online, WoW will be chow to this ...

Prius online. WoW will be chow to this ...

http://game4.netmarble.net/prius/

Right now it's in open or closed beta. I'm not really sure of it's release date, i hope it will come out here in North America/Eu

Here are some videos of the teasers in youtube, you can tell that the gameplay will be one of the best.

Meet

Travel

Trouble

Love

Awakening

Interchange

Rest

Comments

• go4brokego4broke Member Posts: 180

uh ya right,, just like Lineage and Lineage 2 killed wow..

*yawn* please we don't need another korean grind game.  We need quality that goes way beyond pretty graphics and art direction.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The game was originally named Anima, and has been delayed multiple times in the last couple years. WoW, or any other mmorpg, has nothing to fear from this game.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Anytime someone says a game will "defeat" WOW usually means its going to suck in epic proportions.  The game that finally dethrones WOW will either come from Blizzard itself or be a total surprise that no one sees coming because its so different from the current fare. (remember Myst or the Sims puzzling popularity when they first came out?)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Amy_joAmy_jo Member Posts: 70

I highly doubt WoW has anything to fear from this game...

Although it kinda looks cute.... kinda

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142

I'm not saying WoW will go out of business because i know it's too good. Have anyone even played the beta? Every single game is a grinder. People don't consider WoW a grinder because it just has better quests but the fact is it's quests are "kill this and that" or kill the boss, open barrels, ect.

When this comes out for NA beta you'll be surprised with it's gameplay. I think this will be the next big thing next to AOC and Renaissance,

• go4brokego4broke Member Posts: 180

yes but if a game can lead you through the grind with some basic imagination and humour and entertain you along the way as WOW does poeple don't notice the grind.

They've also shortened the grind from 1-60.  Most MMO's don't even bother with the entertainment aspect they just beat you over the head with the grind.  This game looks to be of that ilk and frankly I'm not interested. 

• thepatriotthepatriot Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Originally posted by go4broke

That would be the other way around, Lineage and Lineage 2 predate WoW.  WoW killed them.

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142

yes but if a game can lead you through the grind with some basic imagination and humour and entertain you along the way as WOW does poeple don't notice the grind.

They've also shortened the grind from 1-60.  Most MMO's don't even bother with the entertainment aspect they just beat you over the head with the grind.  This game looks to be of that ilk and frankly I'm not interested. 

Just because a game looks better then wow doesn't meen its better but it also doesn't meen it's a grind. Once you play the beta you will be surprised, only thing i gotta say is lets wait for this

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

The likeliness scale.

Darkfalls devs release a new gameplay video

Vanguard hits 500k subs

-----> Prius online gains greater popularity and sub numbers than WoW.

Auto-assault is reborn,gains huge popularity

SOE announce no more expansion packs for EQ2

Fits in about there i'd say.

• ThornbeardThornbeard Member Posts: 15

I honestly don't if this person is deluded or some Prius online rep trying to get some attention for their game. Either way they are full of it. 

Speaking of this game....

Whats up with the anthropomorphic cat females in some of these games lately? Are these developers secretly furrys or something?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It looks like a nice game.Looks sort of like a square enix looking game.The hair looks pasted on never moves but at least the clothing does sway a bit in the wind.I watched alot of videos and just from the graphics and looks it appears to be quite nice.

BUT! lol.I then watched an actual gameplay video of a boss fight,and it looks typical of korean games.The fighting was ridicuolously fast,sword swing animations that i couldn't even follow.The player animations were just as bad ,super fast like they skip across a map in 3 strides.The movie videos are far better than the actual gameplay.The boss fight involved nothing but a player and a boss?lol .I don't know maybe it was instanced but whatever,there should be more action in a video than just the two combatants.There should be other mobs wandering around,in this case you could close your eyes and button mash,with no fear of your surroundings.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sfcoresfcore Member Posts: 26

I have a better chance of cutting down a redwood forest with a kitten.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240
    Originally posted by sfcore

I have a better chance of cutting down a redwood forest with a kitten.

Been there, tried that, was quite messy :(

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• BelsamethBelsameth Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by jimsmith08

The likeliness scale.

Lets hope it kills WoW then as I really want Auto Assault back...

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178

Lol  nice jimsmith...I agree, no korean MMO to date will beat wow until they find a way to not require either a: a rediculously pointless grind and also get around b: using "cash shops" for special items

/rant

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

*yawn* please we don't need another korean grind game.  We need quality that goes way beyond pretty graphics and art direction.

Wow your funny, both were out long before WoW. Lineage 2 about a year before. They also have more real subs then WoW. In Asia they are actually monthly subs and not game time cards that WoW counts as subs. You buy one hour and they count you for a year as a sub lol. WoWs going down in the west, but due to AOC and WAR. Then not long after they will be released in Asia.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

you're nuts. 8 out of 10 idiots running around azeroth don't know or care that there are other mmorpg's out there.

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

Originally posted by jimsmith08

The likeliness scale.

ROFL.......are you posting odds for these?  I want to put my money down!

Great post!

Wow your funny, both were out long before WoW. Lineage 2 about a year before. They also have more real subs then WoW. In Asia they are actually monthly subs and not game time cards that WoW counts as subs. You buy one hour and they count you for a year as a sub lol. WoWs going down in the west, but due to AOC and WAR. Then not long after they will be released in Asia.

Now I always find this stuff humorous. Making up facts and figures does not help your argument. You may not like WOW that's fine. You may think other games are better, that's fine. But bold face lying about subscriptions is not fine. Blizzard has said on numerous occasions that they only count time paid for as a subscription. They don't count trial accounts or even copies sold. Only accounts that are paid for each month, or in the case of China accounts active(since people pay by the hour over there). Blizzard does so well in Asia because of the firm foothold they established many years ago in Korea. They are one of the only Western game companies ever to have success over there. Japan is a different story all together they do not enjoy the MMO genre thus the market is flat in that area(FF online has about 3.2 million subs and only 150k of those are from Japan).</p>

<p>If you want to look at real numbers look at the ones posted by this website. This site is sometimes the poster child for the Anti-WOW people, and they still confirm Blizzards numbers.

• DZverevDZverev Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by felix77
    I'm sorry, but denying the extreme success of WoW is foolish and ignorant.

WoW did what no other game was doing at the time, It took a well known franchise and combined it with accessibility for players.

Unlike Lineage and Lineage 2, there was no grinding for half a year until you were at a competitive level. WoW gave something for everyone to do low or high level and made the leveling to 60 and 70 not feel like a grind, but actually enjoyable. That is a major part of its success.

I used to play Lineage 1 for 3 years, Lineage 2 for 1, and WoW for nearly 3. I quit Lineage 1 for Lineage 2 and Lineage 2 for WoW. I quit WoW because for a player who is centered on PvP it is lacking. Furthermore Blizzards style of lets release a new tier of gear every patch instead of focusing on other elements or balancing gear to not make one set absolute did not appeal to me.

Personally, I believe in term of losing subscriber base Blizzard has nothing to fear from any upcoming MMO, not even WAR or AOC, Bliz has their subscriber base locked down and loyal to the game, where they will not even care about any new MMO coming out.

Originally posted by DZverev

WoW did what no other game was doing at the time, It took a well known franchise and combined it with accessibility for players.

Unlike Lineage and Lineage 2, there was no grinding for half a year until you were at a competitive level. WoW gave something for everyone to do low or high level and made the leveling to 60 and 70 not feel like a grind, but actually enjoyable. That is a major part of its success.

I used to play Lineage 1 for 3 years, Lineage 2 for 1, and WoW for nearly 3. I quit Lineage 1 for Lineage 2 and Lineage 2 for WoW. I quit WoW because for a player who is centered on PvP it is lacking. Furthermore Blizzards style of lets release a new tier of gear every patch instead of focusing on other elements or balancing gear to not make one set absolute did not appeal to me.

Personally, I believe in term of losing subscriber base Blizzard has nothing to fear from any upcoming MMO, not even WAR or AOC, Bliz has their subscriber base locked down and loyal to the game, where they will not even care about any new MMO coming out.

I'm with ya on that. War or AOC is about all we have to look forward to yet, that seems or even sounds promising. I'm glad that AOC is "adult oriented" though, if nothing else.

/rant

• felix77felix77 Member Posts: 84

I'm not denying that WoW has millions of subs. They do, they have less monthly then Lineage at it's peak. All Asian countries buy WoW in game time cards. Hourly cards. So how much do you think a person has to buy before they are counted? Yes I do think they inflate their numbers. In every country. But especially in Asia where any amount of time purchased can be counted. The ignorance is just not knowing their Asian sub model. Lineage actually had 6 million monthly subs. WoW might have beeten that but not by nearly as much as they claim.

I'm not denying that WoW has millions of subs. They do, they have less monthly then Lineage at it's peak. All Asian countries buy WoW in game time cards. Hourly cards. So how much do you think a person has to buy before they are counted? Yes I do think they inflate their numbers. In every country. But especially in Asia where any amount of time purchased can be counted. The ignorance is just not knowing their Asian sub model. Lineage actually had 6 million monthly subs. WoW might have beeten that but not by nearly as much as they claim.

That's exactly what you are doing. You are living in denial when you expound these falsities without one shred of proof. If it could be proven that WOW fudged their numbers even marginally don't  you think it would have been proven by now? So you have no proof of it just a feeling. Well welcome to the world of conspiracy theorist. You get a free tin foil hat with membership.

Dead on Thorn.

Wow should be pretty evident in how widespread it is and how well known. It is just a well executed game that has sucked in many people because it's a pretty good game. Some of us however get tired of the way the game plays because you can only grind for so long and then leave.

The big difference though is that the social community is so vibrant because of the enormous userbase that such a thing creates its own popularity. I mean this game makes headlines, news, all the time. It's like its own celebrity as it is the first game in a long time to be almost uniformly interesting to anyone who dares play a game at all (and the first game in a long while that has up to date/smartly done graphics that didn't have a very high ceiling for gameplay requirements).

Even if they made up some of their numbers which I doubt (as they can be sued and things in the states if they intentionally made up numbers and who wouldn't sue a huge corporation for cash?), the fact of how widespread it is says a lot. I mean seriously, people know of world of warcraft in the same way they know of Microsoft. It's just everywhere. I know people that haven't played games in years that still know it by name due to news/media coverage.

Yet lineage, although I know of it, I don't think has ever made coverage and/or just isn't the same. Lineage is a grind in the more annoying sense. It is as we call a "typical chinese mmogrind". Sorry, but it is.

/rant

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Felix,  NCSoft publishes their subscription numbers in the quarterly reports and last I saw, Lineage is no where near 6 million monthly subscribers, nor is Lineage II and still not close even if you combine them.  Where do you get this 6 million subscriber figure from?

On the other hand blizzard claims about 4.5 million North America/European monthly subscribers and 5.5 million for the rest of the world (I have no idea how many other regions it is sold in).  If someone pays for time, even just a little bit, that still makes that account an active subscription.  Unless you are suggesting there is a minimum amount of time someone must play a month they count just as much as the next person who pays money to play the game, just like anywhere else in the world?